You MUST read these rules before you register; you will be bound by them upon registration! Yes, they are somewhat lengthy, but if you choose to ignore them and just hit accept, you might find yourself deleted for a rule you violated because you skipped these rules - It is strongly urged that you read all of these before hitting agree - it might save you some headaches later.
* First off, this is NOT an Official Web Site or Forum for Black Sabbath. This is a fan based site and forum run by Joe Siegler. Some band members (current or former) may or may not be intersted in participating, I can't tell at this time. I just wanted to take this time to say that The Black Sabbath Online Forum is NOT any kind official anything.
* Membership in the Black Sabbath Online Forum is completely free and is open to anyone age 13 or above. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), children 12 and under are not permitted in this Forum.
* The Black Sabbath Online Forum is a private membership organization, NOT a public forum. Membership to the Forum is predicated on your adherence to the rules and policies detailed below. Failure to abide by these rules will result in disciplinary action against you up to and including the closure and deletion of your forum account at the sole discretion of board management.
* You must use a real and valid email address for registration purposes, as you will be sent a confirmation email. Please note that your email address is not displayed to other users at any time; if you use the facility to allow them to send you email, it is all done behind the scenes. The administrators of this Forum will not provide your email to anyone at any time, nor will we provide lost passwords or email accounts via request. The reason for this is to prevent account hijackings. Guard your login information well, if you lose it, we will not help you retrieve it.
* In order to register with this Forum, you must agree to and abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to these terms, please check the "I agree" checkbox and press the "Register" button below. If you do not agree to these policies, please return to the main site.
* By agreeing to these rules and registering for this Forum, you agree that you, and you alone, are responsible for the content of your own posts, and you agree to hold harmless the Black Sabbath Online Forum, its administrators and moderators and other staff members, its registered posters, and/or Jelsoft Corporation (developers of vBulletin) for any content viewed, read or downloaded herein.
* In agreeing to use of this Forum, you consent to reading and understanding the Policies & Rules of Behavior required by all users of this Forum.
* You will follow any and all directions by the Forum staff (chief administrator, administrators and moderators). The Forum staff are the final arbiters of any disagreement you may have with another user in the context of posted discussions. Furthermore, if you have an issue with a decision made by the Forum staff, you will bring it to their attention privately (either via a PM or an email) and will not discuss it in a public thread.
* Although the staff will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the forum administrators or staff or any entity associated with the Black Sabbath Online Forum, Joe Siegler, any other organization, or acting forum moderator or administrator. Any information contained in this forum is delivered "as-is" without any form of warranty expressed or implied. Any use of the information contained within is solely at your own risk. If you find such a rule, please help us keep things nice by using the "Report a post" function, and alert the staff to a problem post and we will take care of it as soon as possible. Additionally, if you see such a post, for God's sake, don't quote it. When a problem post comes up, replying to or quoting said msg is just as bad as the original. It's a lot more work for the Admins/Moderator when there is a bad post and then 20 or 30 people who have replied to it. Not only does NOT doing that make our lives easier, it might save a tired moderator from taking the easy way out and nuking the entire thread to clean up the problem.
* You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the Black Sabbath Online Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Forum management holds the final say in what violates these conditions. Remember, it might not offend you, but it likely will offend someone else.
* You agree not to post any advertising, URL's with affiliate id's or tracking numbers or anything else to "sell" items on these forums. You agree not to use the addresses of any member on the forum for any other purpose than personal communication. Any mailing in bulk to the forum members (outside of official Forum communication) or any unsolicited e-mail to members will result in immediate suspension of your membership. You agree not to use more than one registered forum account and not to represnt yourself as another person, company or entity.
* You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you (this includes things like unreleased demos, live bootlegs, commercially available music tracks, mp3's, etc). You can discuss the existence of said materials, but DO NOT publically post links to download them or information on how to obtain them - that is not permitted here.
* This Forum has a zero tolerance policy for personal attacks. Posting something to the Black Sabbath Online Forum which personally attacks another forum member or contains profanity or any type of racial or ethnic slur may result in immediate suspension of your user account. Forum managment reserves the right to determine WHAT is considered objectionable.
* The fact that someone disagrees with you does not mean that (1) the person hates you, (2) the person thinks you're stupid, (3) the person is stupid, (4) the person is evil, etc. There are many things you can falsely infer from the fact that someone disagrees with you. It is best not to infer anything at all along those lines, and let that person live with his or her own opinion in peace. In other words, don't be too annoying with your opinions, and don't be so easily annoyed.
* Any and all financial contributions made by users are donations to the operation of the Forum, are strictly voluntary and are never coerced or requested by the staff other than as a donation. Donations will be used solely for the Forum's registration and operation on its web provider, web hosting fees, license fees for UBB.Threads, and registration renewal with Network Solutions, or any other miscelleanous costs incurred in the operation of these forums and this website. Donations to the Forum are non-refundable.
* The Forum administrators also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. Furthermore, you agree, through your use of this service, to permit the staff of the Black Sabbath Online Forum to inform our members if you have broken any of our membership rules or had your membership revoked from the site if the situation arises.
* You should have no expectation of privacy here. Any message you post on these forums can be read by the forum staff. If you don't want someone else reading it, don't post it.
* The staff of the Black Sabbath Online Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, and reserve the right to remove access to any user at any time without cause or explanation. Access to the Black Sabbath Online Forum is a privilege, not a right.
* Here are a few other smaller issues that are not permitted on the forums:
Despite all the rules, this is designed to be a fun place. You might laugh at that, but there is a reason. The reason there are so many rules is quite honestly there's a lot of people out there whose sole purpose is to disrupt forums and act like an asshat. There are too many people who cause too many problems online, and unfortunately all the things in the rules are here for a reason, it's not just Forum admins trying to act like tyrants. They are here to try and foster a nice community, one that isn't trashed by folks who think it's FuNnY tO TyPe LiKe ThIS, and think that seeing the word fuck on a computer screen is amusing. The rules are here to make this a good place. Having said that, they will be adhered to, and if you run afoul of them, you're likely to find yourself removed from the forums. We won't put up with a bunch of jackasses creating problems.
Furthermore, if you don't want to put up with a bunch of "rules" or don't want to deal with "the man", then save both of us some time and take a hike. We're not interested in troublemakers, we're interested in a good community where people give a shit about what they're talking about and they're not out to act like a bunch of fucking jackasses.
By checking the "I agree" checkbox and pressing the "Submit" button, you agree to all of these terms and agree to be held accountable to them at all times.