Default Tapes of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin

They say there are demo tapes of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin on it. Has anyone listened to it?
    "I don't sound like nobody"

Default Re: Tapes of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin

No that I know. Tony says that he was told that they were floating somewhere in the net, but I doubd it. Some of us would already have them if it was true.

BTW, check your PM

I think I have some. I have the instrumental, rehersals (which are instrumental) and the tracks that Geezer did with some other singer. No Martin ones.

So Tony Martin recorded them, right?

I think Martin did but they aren't in circulation
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

There DOES exist a full and completed version of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin on vocals. However, it has never surfaced and no one outside of the band (and producers, etc.) has heard it.

It would be so interesting to compare those two versions!

I hope that the full and completed version surfaces someday. it would be nice to have.

There is similar situation to "Eternal Idol" here.

Except that Dio must have reworked the melodies and lyrics completely when he came back.
    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comes back? What I have noted is:
    Dio was with the band, but the things aren't going that good, so Iommi call Tony M. to come back and see how the things should go with him on the vocals.. so they rehersal some things, but didn't worked and Tony M. go out of the studio, and that's all, I don't believe that they fire Dio to be replaced by Tony M. and them bring back Dio again...
    Am I right, Joe?
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

This is the version I read on some Tony Martin interview on the subject too. In Fact, during the recording process of the album, Tony Iommi and Geezer felt that things hadn't really changed with Ronnie and they were unsure about weither this line-up could work or not, so they used some time off to have Tony Martin re-record the vocals to hear how it would sound. Apparently, according to Tony Martin these versions didn't sound good and as Ronnie stayed in the band, this alternate version of "Dehumanizer" was definitely shelved.
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

This is just to clear the air:

A. Demos of Dehumanizer do exist - there is no singer on it. It is basically Tony, Geezer, and Cozy jamming some song ideas. As to whether Ronnie was a part of the band when these started, maybe yes maybe no, but there is no singer on them. I think people are getting this version confused with this being "the one Tony Martin was a part of."

B. As to the supposed "demos with Tony Martin redoing the vocals", this has become somewhat mythical. Nobody knows if they really exist. Tony Martin has said they existed and that they even "leaked out", but this is unlikley that they leaked out, he might be exaggerating or hallucinating. Or, if they were leaked out, maybe only a select few people close to the band or managemnet, etc have them and it stopped there. Otherwise, somebody somewhere else shoould have had them by now had they officially leaked. Or, Perhaps the demos do exist, but they are probably locked away somewhere.

Hey we shouldnt lose hope

The Born Again demos were leaked 21 years after they were recorded so you never know.

Anybody here knows when Ray's version breath the air on the surface?
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

[ QUOTE ]

A. Demos of Dehumanizer do exist - there is no singer on it. It is basically Tony, Geezer, and Cozy jamming some song ideas. As to whether Ronnie was a part of the band when these started, maybe yes maybe no, but there is no singer on them. I think people are getting this version confused with this being "the one Tony Martin was a part of."

B. As to the supposed "demos with Tony Martin redoing the vocals", this has become somewhat mythical. Nobody knows if they really exist. Tony Martin has said they existed and that they even "leaked out", but this is unlikley that they leaked out, he might be exaggerating or hallucinating. Or, if they were leaked out, maybe only a select few people close to the band or managemnet, etc have them and it stopped there. Otherwise, somebody somewhere else shoould have had them by now had they officially leaked. Or, Perhaps the demos do exist, but they are probably locked away somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

A. the Dehumanizer Demos with Tony Martin aren't out in circulation. There are demos with Dio on vocals, along with the instrumental ones you mentioned.

B. I would take Martin's words as the truth, he has no reason to lie about something so foolish. As of now I would expect these and the preliminary EI demos to surface before we get another Sabbath album. So I have hope we will one day hear Martin sing Computer God
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

[ QUOTE ]

B. As to the supposed "demos with Tony Martin redoing the vocals", this has become somewhat mythical. Nobody knows if they really exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clear the air:

A) False. I have about 4 or 5 different versions of various Dehumanizer demos from different sources. Some are instrumental. Some have Dio on them.

B) They definitely exist. Just because something hasn't turned up in the bootleg circles is no reason to deny it's existance. Tony told me that it was done, but has never mentioned it "getting out there" (to me anyway).
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

I would bet that the lyrics and the vocal melodies were different on the Martin tapes vs. what ended up on "Dehumanizer." From what I read in "Never Say Die," Martin mentioned that this was the beginnings of "Cross Purposes" because there would be some legal issues if they used the exact same tracks verbatim. The Martin tapes probably contain riffs from both Dehumanizer" and "Cross Purposes." Remember, Tony played "Cross of Thorns" in his guitar solo on the "Dehumanizer" tour.

These are some of the reasons I consider these two records to almost be sister albums.