Thread: Scary Dreams?

Default Scary Dreams?

Any body know where I can find a really good quality version of Scary Dreams? I have one I found, and then there is one on youtube that is far superior. I would like to get the youtube one or one better but I have no idea where to find it.

By the way I really fucking love this song. It makes me very sad though because it reminds me of the Sabbath album that we never got.
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

The only ones that I know of are on YouTube, from their Ozzfest gigs way back in 2001. Personally I think the song is a little bland, but it's still a great song to add to their collection. As far as I know they never officially recorded this, so I think you're stuck with the live versions. Unless I'm mistaken (which is entirely possible).

Know where I can download the youtube version?

Use a Firefox plugin called DownloadThemAll to grab it from youtube.
    People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daaark View Post
    Use a Firefox plugin called DownloadThemAll to grab it from youtube.
    I got the plug in, and either I don't know how to use it, or it doesn't work too well. All it does is let me download the web page it seems to my hard drive. I need to be able to download the video file, so I can try to convert it into an mp3, or I need to just find an mp3 of it somewhere.

Your best bet would be the YouTube downloader:

youtubedownload.altervista.org

It's an easy-to-use program that I used to snag The Rebel, Scary Dreams and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by cwilder86 View Post
    Any body know where I can find a really good quality version of Scary Dreams? I have one I found, and then there is one on youtube that is far superior. I would like to get the youtube one or one better but I have no idea where to find it.
    Would you mind please giving the link to the one on YouTube that you think has the best quality? Thanks

I got the plug in, and either I don't know how to use it, or it doesn't work too well. All it does is let me download the web page it seems to my hard drive. I need to be able to download the video file, so I can try to convert it into an mp3, or I need to just find an mp3 of it somewhere.
    Look:

The videos on youtube are in FLV format. You need a codec, or the VLC player to watch them.

Anyways, I second the request for the highest quality on youtube, as I haven't heard it yet.
    People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

Yeah, make with the link! I found out how to convert the videos to MP3, and I got my favorite version of Zakk doing "Mama I'm Coming Home" from circa 1997.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=735w63a53nc

This is the best one I've heard.

Cool, thanks.

By the way I really fucking love this song. It makes me very sad though because it reminds me of the Sabbath album that we never got.
    I used to be obsessed with this song, and at one point I had collected all but 3 of the live versions. The bad news is that my computer hard drive crashed and erased all of them. The good news is that, thanks to my I-Pod, I was able to save the version that I had designated "Nero's Definitive Version".

You might think that if you emailed me and asked me for a copy, I could get it to you. I couldn't possibly comment.

It's a killer tune in (almost) any version. Wish they released a proper version, at least as a one song thing. It would definitely be a well selling single.

anyone know the statistics when it comes to youtube's quality? like when you rip if off of there what is it at kbps wise? I can't see it being too high, they have to compress it..but how much?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF Jon View Post
    Yeah, make with the link! I found out how to convert the videos to MP3, and I got my favorite version of Zakk doing "Mama I'm Coming Home" from circa 1997.
    How? I have an flv downloader (Download Helper) but not a program for conversion.

I dunno. I went to some download site and downloaded a converter.

http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

This is a very good site for downloading the audio from youtube videos. You don't need to install anything, it's free, and it works very well..
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Freecorder is another excellent program that records anything that is playing through your sound card. You have to be careful about closing or opening things while recording, as if there is a click or a ding, you get it on y our recording, trust me on this one.

It imbeds onto your IE and is simple to use, it is like the controls of a tape recorder or a VHS. You can go into the settings and record to MP3 as high as 320 kbps.

http://applian.com/sound-recorder/
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)