Default Ozzy to release new live DVD with Randy Rhoads!

I know the Rhoads documentary crew has gotten a hold of some stuff that they claimed was never before seen. But they said the rights hadn't been secured yet. So maybe the price tag was too high for them, but worth it to Osbourne.

Although I have my suspicions it's stuff thats been available through unofficial tapes. Still it might be from the original source material, and not a 9th generation dub. Looking forward to it for sure.
    Last edited by devstorm; 01-23-2010 at 09:27 AM.

First they scrapped the asinine album title and now this! Having live footage of Randy Rhoads is a special treat for me, I guess I've never seen him perform live on any full live video etc. Hopefully all the cool Ozzy Osbourne videos will also be included in this. It's about fucken time those were released properly as well!

Randy Rhoads, one of the best of the best.
    Last edited by Sabbathman; 01-23-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    "HALLOWEEN RIFFS, WALL-TO-WALL GUITARS"

Now this is actually pretty interesting...Especially if it would be a full concert all remastered and not just a song or two...Now this would be worth bying...unlike a new Ozzy album.
    -Too many flames, with too much to burn, and life's only made of paper. Oh how I need to be free of this pain but it goes over and over and over again-

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Now this is actually pretty interesting...Especially if it would be a full concert all remastered and not just a song or two...Now this would be worth bying...unlike a new Ozzy album.
    Well lets hope it's something as cohesive as this. Although I don't expect anything more then just a few songs, perhaps even a few songs from a few different sources. And I don't expect the quality to be extraordinary or anything.

This article claims the footage is from 81. I know they(Osbournes) allowed some entertainment shows to film a dress rehearsal for the Diary show before the tour started. You can find clips on Youtube. I just don't recall if it was 81 or 82. Also there is the quick clip of Randy backstage at the HM Holocaust show thats found on the Don't Blame Me video. Perhaps there's more from that?

I'll just be happy for some more stuff to watch. Randy is my favorite guitarist of all time!
    Last edited by devstorm; 01-23-2010 at 12:46 PM.

It would be enough if we could get After Hours 81 footage in full quality, at least....

Profiting from the dead. Hasn't Ozzy made enough money that he doesn't have to stoop to this. This isn't about what the fans want, it's about the money. This is kinda what they do with Hendrix. His family keeps putting out sub par stuff that actually hurts his legend.

Well us fans would like to see some never B4 seen stuff. So what if it puts more bucks in the Oz's bank. After all, any time you buy cd or dvd the artist makes money anyways. Weither its off the dead or not. Well see what it is.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Quote Originally Posted by fishtowner View Post
    Profiting from the dead. Hasn't Ozzy made enough money that he doesn't have to stoop to this. This isn't about what the fans want, it's about the money. This is kinda what they do with Hendrix. His family keeps putting out sub par stuff that actually hurts his legend.
    you can't compare the two. Ozzy isn't releasing some half completed songs here. It's just some rare video footage. I don't know how you make the conclusion this footage is sub par. But the only way this would be detrimental to Randy Rhoads' legacy, is if it was footage of him killing puppies or some such act. I could agree with you on the money grubbing argument if the footage is under 10 seconds. But until more details have been released none of us have any idea.

It certainly is a matter of give the fans what they want. I am a fan...... and I WANT IT! So give it to me!
    Last edited by devstorm; 01-25-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EDTRADER View Post
    Well us fans would like to see some never B4 seen stuff. So what if it puts more bucks in the Oz's bank. After all, any time you buy cd or dvd the artist makes money anyways. Weither its off the dead or not. Well see what it is.
    Yes, I don't mind if it is aimed to put more bucks in Ozzys bank if it allows people to see various live and studio footage, and interviews, that may not have been seen in full before or previously unreleased footage. They would need to be carefull not to show Ozzy unconcious on the coach wetting his pants whilst Randy, Lee and Bob D are composing the music at the other end of the room - that would be uncalled for and not exactly flattering for Ozzy. It also sounds like Sharon had genuine strong close emotional feelings regarding Randy...so I would suspect a DVD on Randy would be scrutinized to ensure decent quality. Although footage with Bob and Lee would most likely not be allowed which is dissappointing.

Im sure this will be the pbs footage from Buffalo (After Hours I think it's called), this has been in fan circles for ages. The dvd I have has this footage plus some Quiet Rio stuff and poor quality footage from NYC in 82

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbPW...eature=related
    Last edited by yorksinusa; 01-31-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Glassesmad

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to assume you know another person's motives? The *FANS* want this concert footage of Randy so how is he "stooping" to anything? He doesn't need the money.
    "So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

The main deal is that we barely have any footage with Rhodes in it, which is why it is a exciting thing. If Ozzy was really greedy, he would have released it a lot sooner. Ozzy has proved to be a immature person many many times but he has great respect for Randy knowing that without him his solo career could not have launched. Undeniably the first albums with Randy on them were the best.

And I do suppose that Randy's family still has some rights to the songs as well, so royalties will go to them as well...

And indeed I'm not an Ozzy fan anymore, but I still am a Randy Fan and I want to see some footage from that era.
    -Too many flames, with too much to burn, and life's only made of paper. Oh how I need to be free of this pain but it goes over and over and over again-

Quote Originally Posted by sandman616 View Post
    Isn't it a bit presumptuous to assume you know another person's motives? The *FANS* want this concert footage of Randy so how is he "stooping" to anything? He doesn't need the money.
    isn't a bit presumptuous of you to assume he doesn't need the money?

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wb1ind0zzy View Post
    The main deal is that we barely have any footage with Rhodes in it, which is why it is a exciting thing. If Ozzy was really greedy, he would have released it a lot sooner. Ozzy has proved to be a immature person many many times but he has great respect for Randy knowing that without him his solo career could not have launched. Undeniably the first albums with Randy on them were the best.
    Does he still have that same respect now knowing that Randy he screwed his wife?

i dont know wether id buy this or not.... its sorta the same with pantera live videos.... just knowing that thats all we have of em now..... knowing we'll never see randy up on stage with ozzy again is sorta heartbreaking seeing as tho he was such a great person, the same with dime.....
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

I'd be very happy with some unreleased footage with Randy from '81/'82, even if it's the After Hours stuff (which I love).

With the tremendous stage-set they had for the Diary tour, I'm really surprised that no one had the foresight to film a couple live shows that they could compile for video-release!

Im so in on this! I went to the Kansas City show before he died.
    I have the video they circukated on ebay and a bootleg dairy cd.
    This would be too cool to own.