Default Fairly newish band "Ghost" from Sweden? Any body know em?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-HBqwFf8mk

Easily one of my newest musical obsessions. I was kind of put off at first by the vocals but upon listening to their debut album just a few times, I feel as though I've been "possessed" by their music and now have to buy their album. I really love the 70's classic rock structure that their music has. Has a lot of a Black Sabbath feel, maybe with some BOC and the keys definitely remind me of Deep Purple a bit. If you're not offended by lyrics about being into Satan than I highly suggest these guys to metal fans every where!
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Their singer can get a little to melodic for my tastes, but I still enjoy them anyway.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

I have their debut album on CD, very good stuff - short album but good, concise memorable songs. Nothing groundbreaking, they sound a bit like Mercyful Fate but as if they had been around in the 70's and not the 80's. Haven't listened to it for a while actually, might stick it on now and see if it still holds up a few months down the line.

They are on my list to check out for sure. There seems to be a small group of bands coming out of Sweden that are really inspired by Mercyful Fate with Ghost being one of them. I have been on a kick of listening to nothing but Mercyful fate lately so I have been loving it.

I would also check out In Solitude and Portrait. Two newer bands that have really captured that early MF sound.

In Solitude - The World The Flesh The Devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UeVAjeeyqY

Portrait - Beast Of Fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4CNp-Szb5I

I am being told Ghost fits into this description as well so I am very anxious to hear them.

Hope you like the above bands as well.
    Religion won't save me
    The damage is done
    The future has ended
    Before it's begun
    - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by cwilder86 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-HBqwFf8mk

Easily one of my newest musical obsessions. I was kind of put off at first by the vocals but upon listening to their debut album just a few times, I feel as though I've been "possessed" by their music and now have to buy their album. I really love the 70's classic rock structure that their music has. Has a lot of a Black Sabbath feel, maybe with some BOC and the keys definitely remind me of Deep Purple a bit. If you're not offended by lyrics about being into Satan than I highly suggest these guys to metal fans every where!
    My brother turned me on to this band a few months ago, definitely a good CD.

Is Ghost made up of members from other semi-famous bands?

The main guitar riff on "Ritual" sounds similar to "symphony of destruction".
    The time it is coming when all life will end,
    With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
    Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
    The future has ended before it's begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    They are on my list to check out for sure. There seems to be a small group of bands coming out of Sweden that are really inspired by Mercyful Fate with Ghost being one of them. I have been on a kick of listening to nothing but Mercyful fate lately so I have been loving it.

I would also check out In Solitude and Portrait. Two newer bands that have really captured that early MF sound.

In Solitude - The World The Flesh The Devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UeVAjeeyqY

Portrait - Beast Of Fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4CNp-Szb5I

I am being told Ghost fits into this description as well so I am very anxious to hear them.

Hope you like the above bands as well.
    I just listened to both links, as well as other songs of both bands floating around on the net, and I was impressed! I want their CDs now.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Awaits View Post
    Is Ghost made up of members from other semi-famous bands?
    As of right now, no one knows who is in Ghost. There are rumors, but nothing has been confirmed.

The album is good. I was initially not digging the singer but I've come around on that. The Mercyful Fate comparisons are there but are way overstated. The song "Elisabeth" is the most MF sounding song, but Ghost are poppier than MF. Really, they are probably more Blue Oyster Cult, musically, than Mercyful Fate. They are a good, fun band. I'm sure some of the more devout Christians here might take offense to the lyrics, but I don't think this band is serious about that stuff at all.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingChrist View Post
    As of right now, no one knows who is in Ghost. There are rumors, but nothing has been confirmed.

The album is good. I was initially not digging the singer but I've come around on that. The Mercyful Fate comparisons are there but are way overstated. The song "Elisabeth" is the most MF sounding song, but Ghost are poppier than MF. Really, they are probably more Blue Oyster Cult, musically, than Mercyful Fate. They are a good, fun band. I'm sure some of the more devout Christians here might take offense to the lyrics, but I don't think this band is serious about that stuff at all.
    Not to start a religious flame war, but I'm really glad I broke away from the way I was brought up (in a strict Christian house hold). It really helps you be open minded to all kinds of different metal and as a metal fan it really helps to not be offended by the mention, or praises of Satan. Hard for me to be offended by something I don't believe in. Can't say my mother wouldn't have a heart attack though if she ever heard some of that stuff though! lol
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

There is a Japanese band called Ghost that has been around for years. Psychedelic stuff.
    "I've seen the future and I've left it behind"

The Ghost album is good but a bit... uneven. Elisabeth is a killer track!

If you dig this retro kind of occultish but traditional heavy metal and haven't heard of The Devil's Blood, check 'em out. They'll put dust on the albums from all the three swedes above.

Really enjoy this band. I am absolutely gutted because they just pulled out of their US Tour with Alcest and Enslaved.

Best new music in 2011, love the vocals as remind me of Blue Öyster Cult harmonies.

Gee, you can understand them unlike cookie monster crap

Finally a 3rd band that uses keyboards I like

Hopefully a couple more CDs before they "expand" or "broaden" etc

The Visa problems that killed the US tour sucked, but they will be here ASAP per their website

These guys are really great in my book - sounding like a twist between Mercyful Fate and Blue Oyster Cult - I think their debut disk is worth investigating for those who like superior heavy metal + with clean vocals. I cannot wait until they release their second album.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

I checked these guys out in L.A. last year. The music is decent, albeit pretty commercial. Regarding their identities, after reading a few things online I saw a forum post on some other site pointing to Tobias Forge being the vocalist for Ghost. He's with the band Subvision among others.. Found a clip and it's pretty obvious its the same guy.

Finally saw Ghost when they came through here with Blood Ceremony, fantastic show!

Quote Originally Posted by devstorm View Post
    I checked these guys out in L.A. last year. The music is decent, albeit pretty commercial. Regarding their identities, after reading a few things online I saw a forum post on some other site pointing to Tobias Forge being the vocalist for Ghost. He's with the band Subvision among others.. Found a clip and it's pretty obvious its the same guy.
    I guess Tobias is listed as the songwriter on the webstie whatever company administers their publishing, or so I've read. Supposedly, the other members rotate in and out, depending on touring and who's available (supposedly some of them are members of some other big bands). I saw them recently with Mastodon and they were really entertaining.

Apparently Nifelheim/ex Entombed man Peter Stjärnvind (aka 'Insulter Of Jesus Christ') is involved on drums, and maybe some of the guys from Watain. The rotation thing seems probable though, as certain members of In Solitude are mentioned quite a bit in regards to who might be part of the band, but they are touring at the same time. Either way, good band.

I've heard rumors that Leif Edling is the bassist for Ghost.... or "one of" the bassists.

Love Ghost! Saw them in NYC earlier this month. Looking forward to the 2nd album.

\m/

Saw Ghost at the Electric Factory some weeks ago. AWESOME

They opened for Mastadon and Opeth, I left after Ghost. All I wanted to see

Their new album autumn 2012