Banned

Default This new site format

Is it some sort of new format or layout, or did I hit something that I am unaware of how to go back retrieve the way I use to navigate this site. All I know is that just very recently I have a different looking site navigation process...and frankly it is a pain in the ass to use compared to the old layout. Is this an LSD flashback on my part, or do I actually know what i"m talking about? (which isn't usually the case when it comes to computer related things). I know this much, if this was a deliberate attempt to change/upgrade/revamp the site, in my opinion it didn't work out that way. Maybe my lack of knowledge or sophistication on these things (heck when somewhere recently doing something on the net I was asked to enter a 'URL' I HAD TO GOOGLE IT TO KNOW WHAT THEY WANTED) has led me to a false interpretation of this, as most of you are pleases at the new mode of navigation, then please set me straight.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

I've been talking about the new site design for months now. I launched it about 3-4 weeks ago now. If you want to read more about it, read this:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2012/01...-the-new-site/
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    I've been talking about the new site design for months now. I launched it about 3-4 weeks ago now. If you want to read more about it, read this:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2012/01...-the-new-site/
    hey joe...I don't understand why yesterday I was on when I visited the site I was on a different layout....one with a white background and now I'm back to how it's been for a long time...the one with the black background...which is the one i prefer. why is that? is the whole site going to change to the one w/white background that had no pic unlike the black bckgrd one?
    GREAT SITE and work....u should be commended. later bro, sabbathite

I'm not aware of what WHITE background you're talking about.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Banned

I'm not aware of what WHITE background you're talking about.
    It had a white background and the the words descended down the page kind of at an angle...there was no pic of the band and the words were of different colors....a few blue ones, red ones, mostly black i think...
    It looked like this:

Home
    NEWS:
    Archives
    Interviews
    Discography
    FORUM
    SETTINGS:
    Account
    (etc...)
    PHOTO GALLERY:
    ....ANYWAY, IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE THAT, AND THEN WHEN YOU WOULD CLICK ON FORUM OR SOMETHING, IT WOULD ENTER ON SAME PAGE AND YOU'D HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT.
    Well I suppose it doesn't matter....so the format now is the one that you are going to keep up there on the site...the way it is now set-up, as far as it's layout and how one navigates around? Thanks.

No idea what this white page you're talking about is. Certainly isn't something I designed.

Sounds like the browser not loading everything completely, getting some of the content but not the styling and such. Probably a connectivity issue.

Hi Joe - Question (and this may just be me) but when I look at the tour dates everything in the table is white & unreadable but the concert review link is in red - is there something in my browser settings that I need to change to see the tour dates table information?
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazetom View Post
    Hi Joe - Question (and this may just be me) but when I look at the tour dates everything in the table is white & unreadable but the concert review link is in red - is there something in my browser settings that I need to change to see the tour dates table information?
    Link? I'm not seeing this.

Link? I'm not seeing this.
    here's a couple - 2010 dates - http://www.black-sabbath.com/tourdates/2010tour/

2005 dates - http://www.black-sabbath.com/tourdates/2005tour/

Haven't looked at all of the date links though but it seems pretty consistent on my browers (both Firefox & IE)

Thanks for taking a look at this - it may just be a setting on my browser
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazetom View Post
    here's a couple - 2010 dates - http://www.black-sabbath.com/tourdates/2010tour/

2005 dates - http://www.black-sabbath.com/tourdates/2005tour/

Haven't looked at all of the date links though but it seems pretty consistent on my browers (both Firefox & IE)

Thanks for taking a look at this - it may just be a setting on my browser
    I'm not seeing this. Look at this screen capture. The capture was taken in Google Chrome, but I checked in Firefox (v10), and IE (v9). Looks the same for me across all browsers. Not sure why it would be different there.

Fullscreen capture 2112012 85317 PM.jpg

If I had to guess, something on your browser is not respecting the attempt to make the background color property of the imported page (aka the page that actually has the data for the dates on it). I have it defined as "transparent".

Looks okay to me too.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

If I had to guess, something on your browser is not respecting the attempt to make the background color property of the imported page (aka the page that actually has the data for the dates on it). I have it defined as "transparent".
    Ok thanks - I re-installed IE & Firefox - it's working now in Firefox but still no luck in IE (9)

Nice design of website and the best thing you have chosen is shining black color of site which is perfectly suites to your site content.

Joe, Having the same problem with the white background,faint yellow words , no dates and venues . did see "review" in red in 1971 section . Had no problem with old site. Any suggestions ? I have Missing concert dates and venues to submit once I can double check tour dates on new site. I'm Definatly computer challenged !

I'm not sure what to say about that, since it's a CSS trick. What browser, and more specifically WHAT VERSION of said browser are you using? If you're not updating to current versions, that alone could explain it.

I'm using IE 8.0.6001.18702IC. Now I can dates if I go to "print review" also if I left click and hold it down while scrolling down the page, info appears from white background.

Working fine on my iPad, Android and desktop PC. Thanks Joe!
    Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes.
    Do you think of all the pain from your lies?
    Or do you deny, you're responsible
    For the victims of the sins you leave behind?

Quote Originally Posted by visionseeker2u View Post
    I'm using IE 8.0.6001.18702IC. Now I can dates if I go to "print review" also if I left click and hold it down while scrolling down the page, info appears from white background.
    What about using that "compatibility" mode that IE 8 & 9 had? That make any difference?

Tried "compatibility" , still the same . I can see the pictures, concert posters & ticket stubs.

Just spent 2 hours trying to view tour dates , changed all types of settings with no results. Same white page yellow words in some of the slots. left click and scroll down gives info but stops if you let off left click ? Does anybody have any ideas ?

Hi Vision seeker - that sounds like the same issue I was having - the only way I can get the tour dates to show for me is to use firefox which you can get for free & I've never gotten to work on my re installed IE (9) - I tried to modify several settings on IE but still haven't gotten it to show properly

Update - I installed about 21 MS security updates for windows 7 last nght & now my IE will show the dates in compatibilty mode so try that - hopefully it will work for you
    Last edited by kamikazetom; 03-10-2012 at 11:03 AM.

kamikazetom Thanks, I'll look into MS updates. Just installed about 20 MS updates about a week ago,and was wondering if they had something to do with this problem. I'll post any results asap.

Looks good to me Joe - i like it! And thanks for the objectivity and coolheadedness around the Bill thing. it wouldn't really be a reunion w/o a Bill thing, now would it!?
    RIP RJD lml

At this point, I'm not sure what to say about the "white pages", because I've tried it on every browser for my PC (and my iOS devices) I know of. It works fine on all of them.

The only thing I can think of is - are you using current versions of your browsers? If not, you should be - this issue or not.