Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Default Dio Deluxe Editions (HD, LIL, SH) coming out March 12th

Details available here:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2012/02...luxe-editions/

The Intermission EP will comprise most of Disc 2 of Sacred Heart. That's pretty cool.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

I already have them pre ordered from my local CD/record shop. Cannot wait for them to arrive in March! I have been hoping they would do this with Dio solo material, ever since the Sabbath Deluxes came out
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Yay? While this is great for everyone who doesn't live in the US, it's incredibly frustrating that the Deluxe Editions aren't easily available here. Warner Bros. can go screw themselves for all I care, these editions deserve to be in America! I'm glad that the Intermission E.P. is coming with Sacred Heart though, the only "original" Dio album that I lack. I have been thinking of importing for the longest time, but I was wondering, how long on average does it take to get imports either through one of the Amazons (U.K. or U.S.)?

Sweet news! I'll definitely be getting my hands on them. Now all we need are proper remasters of Bark at the Moon and The Ultimate Sin and I'll be a happy camper.

It's about time! I really wish they were doing Dream Evil, as well.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Yeah, kind of sucks they're not released domestically here.

What's bizarre is the Amazon US Import price is $37, which easily qualifies for free shipping. However, if you were to order them from Amazon UK, the price for one works out to be £13.07 - which translates into $20.71 in US dollars WITH shipping factored in. That's not that outrageous for a 2 Disc Deluxe Edition, all things considered.

Given we order from the US, we aren't subject to the VAT that UK/European folks who order ARE subject to, so we get a minor price break. For example, the price in the AmazonUK store is £11.99, but in the shopping cart during checkout, it's listed at £9.99, which has something to do with VAT, I believe.

It's a pretty good idea to order it from Amazon UK if you're in the states. I order stuff from there all the time. Other than a little longer shipping time given where it's coming from, it's no different than ordering from Amazon US - in fact all your same acct info and address book stuff works there, too.

Edit: I decided to see what it would cost to buy all three from Amazon UK and ship 'em here, as shipping is slightly cheaper when you order more than one. The total cost for all three Dio DE's from the UK to the US is £35.03, which works out to be $55.51 for all three of them - that averages to be $18.50 each, including shipping. Not a bad deal at all, really.

Amazon UK Ordering Links:

Holy Diver DE: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...acksabbatho-21
    Last in Line DE: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...acksabbatho-21
    Sacred Heart DE: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...acksabbatho-21
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 02-01-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Thanks for the info Joe! Will be ordering them when I get some extra cash! I'm still hoping for some of the other promised stuff from Niji, such as the box sets
    Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Nice of you to to the story Joe!

I'll be getting these for sure! The remastering work on the Deluxe Editions has always been great! As well as the packaging (even though in the newer ones they've omitted the plastic case) with all the great pictures.
    -What do you say to the dead? Will you forgive me for living?-

@Joe

I pre-ordered mine a few days ago for £35.97 ... you are actually paying less than us Brits! That's 20% VAT for you.
    Last edited by KiloDeltaCharlie; 02-02-2012 at 03:18 AM.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

cool. I like these deluxe editions, even if I have all those singles - and even if all the Holy Diver and Last in Line B sides have been edited in CD, a Japan only release many years ago, which I also have.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Yeah, kind of sucks they're not released domestically here.

What's bizarre is the Amazon US Import price is $37, which easily qualifies for free shipping. However, if you were to order them from Amazon UK, the price for one works out to be £13.07 - which translates into $20.71 in US dollars WITH shipping factored in. That's not that outrageous for a 2 Disc Deluxe Edition, all things considered.

Given we order from the US, we aren't subject to the VAT that UK/European folks who order ARE subject to, so we get a minor price break. For example, the price in the AmazonUK store is £11.99, but in the shopping cart during checkout, it's listed at £9.99, which has something to do with VAT, I believe.

It's a pretty good idea to order it from Amazon UK if you're in the states. I order stuff from there all the time. Other than a little longer shipping time given where it's coming from, it's no different than ordering from Amazon US - in fact all your same acct info and address book stuff works there, too.

Edit: I decided to see what it would cost to buy all three from Amazon UK and ship 'em here, as shipping is slightly cheaper when you order more than one. The total cost for all three Dio DE's from the UK to the US is £35.03, which works out to be $55.51 for all three of them - that averages to be $18.50 each, including shipping. Not a bad deal at all, really.

Amazon UK Ordering Links:

Holy Diver DE: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...acksabbatho-21
    Last in Line DE: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...acksabbatho-21
    Sacred Heart DE: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...acksabbatho-21

www.play.com

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/2842...rlrefer=search

£ 11.99 and free shipping. best so far?

Quote Originally Posted by eiricd View Post
    Gotta remember though that in most places the free shipping is only for UK customers. NOT international customers. If I recall that is the case atleast in Amazon and HMV...Play never accepted my credit card so I have never been able to actually buy anything from there...
    Last edited by Charger; 02-02-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Gotta remember though that in most places the free shipping is only for UK customers. NOT international customers. If I recall that is the case atleast in Amazon and HMV...Play never exepted my credit card so I have never been able to actually buy anything from there...
    play.com ships free worldwide

Well that's good to know...might give it a try if they might have fixed the credit card problem already, it's been a while...

Mine came in last week from amazon UK, and they're just f**kin' wonderful, both in sound quality, choice of bonus disc materials, and the art/booklets. Just the ultimate editions of Dio's first 3 albums! Andy Pearce did a fantastic job, IMHO.
    Now, I just hope they sell well enough to justify some more! I know Dream Evil is the last Warner album of Dio's (before Reprise, etc) and I'm sure Universal has the UK and/or European rights to Dream Evil, but what about Lock Up the Wolves and Strange Highways? Ideally of course I'd like to see ALL 10 albums, including Angry Machines, Magica (I know they're planning an expanded US release, maybe they could coordinate), Killing the Dragon, & Master of the Moon, get the exact same treatment--perhaps switching to dvd visual bonus material- videos and the old live vhs concerts- if they run short on audio stuff for the bonus discs. At least those extra Japanese tracks could be included (Annica, Electra, God Hates Heavy Metal, etc). With all the live albums being divvied up amongst the bonus discs, though, like Intermission and the Dio EP are included in the first 3 sets, we could possibly end up having Inferno: Last in Live, Evil or Divine - Live in New York City, Holy Diver- Live, etc., all bundled in).
    Then a custom slip case to hold all ten and I'm good for life!

Mine just arrived at my local shop - I will be paying 35$ for each of them!!! To me though they are worth it! I love those first three albums so much that I am willing to pay the outrageous price. I do not like buying things online as I am familiar with how easy it is for someone to steal your account information(maybe I'm just paranoid!?). I need to get a separate credit card dedicated to online shopping and watch the monthly statements carefully - before I go completely broke from buying them as imports from my local CD shop.

Got 'em all, love 'em all.
    Now I can finally get rid of that 2005 remaster and replace it with something bigger.
    "I'll SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech View Post
    Mine just arrived at my local shop - I will be paying 35$ for each of them!!! To me though they are worth it! I love those first three albums so much that I am willing to pay the outrageous price. I do not like buying things online as I am familiar with how easy it is for someone to steal your account information(maybe I'm just paranoid!?). I need to get a separate credit card dedicated to online shopping and watch the monthly statements carefully - before I go completely broke from buying them as imports from my local CD shop.
    Just bought Sacred Heart ( as I already have versions of HD, LIL) first of my order.. This is the definite version - the remaster sounds wonderful!
    Cannot wait to get the other two!

Just bought Holy Diver Deluxe Edition and my my the remaster is excellent. Just one more to go - Last In Line that I will pick up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelemech View Post
    Just bought Holy Diver Deluxe Edition and my my the remaster is excellent. Just one more to go - Last In Line that I will pick up next week.
    Cheers. I've found the booklets and live material for all of these to be mighty refreshing, as well as the sound of them.
    Last In Line is a pretty good remaster, but I've found Sacred Heart to be the absolute biggest improvement in all of this.
    I can guarantee you'll love this one too.
    -Benjamin Franklin

I just spotted all 3 of these for $30 each in my local CD shop. If I do end up buying these I would probably do it online.
    Well I donít want no preacher telling me about the god in the sky
    No I donít want no one to tell me where Iím gonna go when I die
    I wanna live my life, I donít want people telling me what to do
    I just believe in myself, ícause no one else is true

Quote Originally Posted by BibleBlack View Post
    Cheers. I've found the booklets and live material for all of these to be mighty refreshing, as well as the sound of them.
    Last In Line is a pretty good remaster, but I've found Sacred Heart to be the absolute biggest improvement in all of this.
    I can guarantee you'll love this one too.
    Yes I agree that the booklets and live material too be quite excellent as well as the new remasters. Sacred Heart does have the most improvements.
    I cannot wait to get LIL on the Wednesday 26 of this week. It took me awhile (seeing as I am paying 35$ each) but I almost have them all!

These are great little packages, even if its the third or fourth time buying these albums

Listening to them again they just highlight what a waste Viv Campbell is. Playing second banana to the likes of Vandenberg and Collen. Both fine players I will grant you, but Campbell, for all of his protesting, is wasted in that kind of role.

Can any of you guys tell me if the Dio - Holy Diver Deluxe Edition remastered by Andy Pearce is better sounding than the 2012 Gold Remaster by Steve Hoffman? I do not think the gold cd even has a booklet? Does the deluxe edition have lyrics for Holy Diver? I was pissed when I bought the 2005 remaster, it doesn't have any lyrics except for the title track.

The Deluxe Edition has no lyrics, but it DOES have some more info about the recording and legacy of the album.
    Which I guess is still more than the Hoffman version ever had.
    I'm not able to comment on the sound of the Hoffman version, but the Deluxe Edition IS the best I've heard the album sound so far.
    Combine this with the extra stuff, and you've got something that isn't a ripoff in some way.
    Last edited by BibleBlack; 05-04-2012 at 05:53 AM.
    -Benjamin Franklin