Default Dehumanizer at Finnish album chart

So why would that particular album have a sales bounce at this moment in Finland? Nice to see them at number 45 (down from 31!) but I'm puzzled, is it being promoted in your country for some reason?

As an aside I have precisely 3 of your top 50 (Dehumaniser naturally, Kate Bush's 50 Words for Snow and the new Van Halen which I thought might be higher).
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Well, you Finns always had a strange taste of music... I'm only mentioning Nightwish and Stratovarius, f.ex.
    WILL BILL?

I haven't seen any promotion of that album, I was surprised too to see it on charts. Maybe it's been sold at cheaper price at some big market, I don't know?

Underdog: Finland = Heavy Metal country

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I haven't seen any promotion of that album, I was surprised too to see it on charts. Maybe it's been sold at cheaper price at some big market, I don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabhuman1978 View Post
    HAH, nice joke
    WILL BILL?

Yeah, that IS weird!
    Seems like a kinda random album to be charting all of a sudden. One of the early Ozzy-albums, I'd understand what with the reunion and all.
    But still great!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    HAH, nice joke
    Well just because we don't go around slaughtering goats like you Norsks doesn't mean we aren't metal!

But talking about the topic at hand, this is pretty damn cool...strange yes but more cool than strange. It is awesome to see Dehumanizer getting the love it most certainly deserves.
    Last edited by Charger; 02-12-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    -Too many flames, with too much to burn, and life's only made of paper. Oh how I need to be free of this pain but it goes over and over and over again-

Vol 4 & Paranoid were in top 40 before christmas, but they were midprice. Dehumanizer is not midprice.

maybe the high tech Finns don't buy physical CDs anymore, and #45 is 4 copies sold.

And here I thought Nightwish would be getting the highest charts...which they probably do.
    "I'll SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Well just because we don't go around slaughtering goats like you Norsks doesn't mean we aren't metal!
    Heh. I've actually worked in an abattoir, but there wasn't many goats, more reindeers and cows.

Goatslaughter sounds like a bad Death Metal-band, so maybe we shall leave that to the Swedes?
    WILL BILL?

Heh. I've actually worked in an abattoir, but there wasn't many goats, more reindeers and cows.

Goatslaughter sounds like a bad Death Metal-band, so maybe we shall leave that to the Swedes?
    Bad death metal? Really? How about Entombed? Dismember? Grave?

Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    Bad death metal? Really? How about Entombed? Dismember? Grave?
    Yeah, bad Death Metal.
    I was at an Entombed-show once. Had to leave during the third song, couse it was so goddamned boring.

But you do got Meshuggah, though, i'll give you that...
    And Morbid, but their greatness was Pelle Ohlin and he went to Norway to join Mayhem. Why? Because he thought the band sucked, and that was the guys who later formed Entombed...
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 02-12-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    WILL BILL?

Bad death metal?
    Is there good death metal?

Is there good death metal?
    Yeah. It's called thrash metal. \m/!

Anyways, Dehumanizer rules! That's why!
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog

went to Norway to join Mayhem.
    This guy was amazingly lucky to blow his brains out before he could see Mayhem with Maniac on vocals alive. I wasn't that lucky back in 2001. Spent 1,5 hours trying to guess any single riff from the records I knew by heart back then. Dammit, I miserably failed at that. After that I thought I'd learnt why Dead decided to quit the band that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBarghest View Post
    This guy was amazingly lucky to blow his brains out before he could see Mayhem with Maniac on vocals alive. I wasn't that lucky back in 2001. Spent 1,5 hours trying to guess any single riff from the records I knew by heart back then. Dammit, I miserably failed at that. After that I thought I'd learnt why Dead decided to quit the band that way.
    Maniac was a part of Mayhem before Dead, amongst other doing the vocals on Deathcrush, so Dead knew about him. But yeah, other than Deathcrush i never liked Maniac in Mayhem either. (But check out his solo-project Skitliv, then mostly the album Amfetamin.)

But Mayhem for me is with Dead or Attila.
    WILL BILL?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog

Maniac was a part of Mayhem before Dead, amongst other doing the vocals on Deathcrush, so Dead knew about him. But yeah, other than Deathcrush i never liked Maniac in Mayhem either. (But check out his solo-project Skitliv, then mostly the album Amfetamin.)

But Mayhem for me is with Dead or Attila.
    Yeah, I know about Maniac, being a precursor for Dead. For me the problem was more with the overall sound quality, rather than Maniac being a lousy vocalist. You cannot screw up people, who come to your show with noise instead of music. Mayhem isn't Merzbow or K-2 for hells sake. The title of Skitliv already claims for a positive attitude, hehe. Will check it, maybe. Thanks for a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBarghest View Post
    The title of Skitliv already claims for a positive attitude, hehe.
    Did you Google-translate it, or do you understand Norwegian (or Swedish)?
    Yeah, i love that name. Actually wrote a song called that before i'd heard about the band...
    WILL BILL?

Vol 4 & Paranoid were in top 40 before christmas, but they were midprice. Dehumanizer is not midprice.
    Thatīs right, Dehumanizer in Finland is not midprice, it budget priced. Seen it countles times in supermarkets like Anttila or gas stations like Shell or ABC for 5,90e or 6,90e,along someclassic Purple or Whitesnake cds. I feel like buying another copy every time I see it

Funny, I actually bought my copy of Dehumanizer at a gas-station (OKQ8) here in Sweden.

Funny, I actually bought my copy of Dehumanizer at a gas-station (OKQ8) here in Sweden.
    Yeah, we usually buy "dansband"-music at gas-stations here in Norway too...
    WILL BILL?

Did you Google-translate it, or do you understand Norwegian (or Swedish)?
    Yeah, i love that name. Actually wrote a song called that before i'd heard about the band...
    I don't undestand both (used to learn Norwegian years ago, can't remember a single word now), but read about the name & the band years ago at some metal mag.

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    Thatīs right, Dehumanizer in Finland is not midprice, it budget priced. Seen it countles times in supermarkets like Anttila or gas stations like Shell or ABC for 5,90e or 6,90e,along someclassic Purple or Whitesnake cds. I feel like buying another copy every time I see it
    Damn, they don't even sell CDs at super markets or gas stations in the States. And then the american record industry wonders why sales are down. Maybe the fact that its a pain in the ass to buy them when in other places in the world they're sold at gas stations.
    "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
    http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Quote Originally Posted by MH1986 View Post
    Damn, they don't even sell CDs at super markets or gas stations in the States. And then the american record industry wonders why sales are down. Maybe the fact that its a pain in the ass to buy them when in other places in the world they're sold at gas stations.
    Yep, it's mostly "dansband" and "schlager" music in gas stations, but theres rock & sometimes metal too there. I think I bought one of my Hawkwind cds at gas station in 90's

dehumanizer is my favriot dio sabbath album cuz its the heaviest

Haha, suprising news, but in a good way. Go us!
    Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 02-17-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Usually when this sorta thing happens, it means Amazon or iTunes have a sale on certain albums, and they're going for say Ģ1 (or equivalent in currency of your country).

Or you get certain bundles. Like, say, when Oasis put out their Heathen Chemistry album in 2002, it was only Ģ1.99 to buy their live album Familiar to Millions (released in 2000) if you bought the two together. http://www.chartstats.com/release.php?release=35620 <-- quick glance at the UK chart run shows you the impact that can have.
    http://theramblingelf.tumblr.com/ - my Tumblog (music reviews galore!)
    http://twitter.com/TheRamblingElf - my Twitter
    http://www.facebook.com/rwarrell - my Facebook