Default Tony Martin's Headless Cross

"May I introduce the new 2012 band, Tony Martin's Headless Cross...Danny Needham, Geoff Nicholls, Dario Mollo, Myself, and Magnus Rosen. We have one appearance planned this year at the end of July on the east coast of England. More details to follow."

- Tony Martin @ Facebook

My friend emailed me this quote.
    "HALLOWEEN RIFFS, WALL-TO-WALL GUITARS"

This is highly exciting!

I did see this too! Good for Tony! Glad to see him back in the game. By that I mean with a band and everything. This was one of the first things that was on my news feed and it was one of the best things to come home from work to. Very exciting news indeed!

If they come to Seattle, I will do everything I can to see them. From all of the recent (2006-present) live footage I've seen, he sounds amazing.

That is quite a lineup. Hope they can make a real tour out of it. Would like to hear Martin & Mollo play some of The Cage songs as well.

I want to see this band come to Stockholm, Sweden some day :D I am dying to hear the Martin-era Sabbath tracks live, apart from that I will admit not being a super-fan of his projects, apart from the "Scream" album which is amazing (save "Kids of today"). It's great that Geoff still plays with Tony as well, he is such a talented keyboardist.
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

It;s been cancelled
    Pain and Poison Roses

Quote Originally Posted by EDTRADER View Post
    It;s been cancelled
    What? How do yo know?

http://edtradernet.weebly.com/tony-m...interview.html
    from my interview with Tony martin
    Pain and Poison Roses

@EDTRADER: Is it definite and set in stone that this has collapsed for a second time.. Well that sucks, I was hoping to just see some footage of the line-up perform. I was hoping they would have some success and do a little more on the side, maybe even resulting in a new album with everyone in the vein of Sabbath Martin material, but I guess that the idea for this project just isn't strong enough. Shame, it was a kickass line-up.

Well even if that one show has been canceled that doesn't mean they aren't looking for a replacement show. Since they already got together to do this, I'd imagine they won't let one promoter fuck it all up...

Or I hope so anyways! Tony's been through enough already he deserves some good news for a change!
    -Too many flames, with too much to burn, and life's only made of paper. Oh how I need to be free of this pain but it goes over and over and over again-

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Well even if that one show has been canceled that doesn't mean they aren't looking for a replacement show. Since they already got together to do this, I'd imagine they won't let one promoter fuck it all up...

Or I hope so anyways! Tony's been through enough already he deserves some good news for a change!
    I agree, Tony Martin said recently that he wants to tour and go out live. But he's not doing is for 5 bucks a show and Ham n Cheeze like the scream tour.
    Pain and Poison Roses

New date and venue for the one off show has been confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Martin
    OK YOU LOT!!!!!!! .. Listen up........ We have confirmed a date for the new Tony Martin Headless Cross show.... FRIDAY 27th JULY ..... And the venue will be the Asylum in BIRMINGHAM .. It will be the first EVER Tony Martin solo show in the UK.... And the ONLY one this year... so it is a real oportunity to see and hear songs from the forgoten years right up to the Cage album. .... Featuring Geoff Nicholls, Danny Needham, Magnus Rosen, and Dario Mollo, As soon as tickets are available i will be shouting about it..... there will be a guest band but that will be announced in due course. There are only 600 tickets available for this show!!... get ready!!! ....
    -Too many flames, with too much to burn, and life's only made of paper. Oh how I need to be free of this pain but it goes over and over and over again-

Wow, good for him! Likewise, it's equally as sad. Too bad the general music listening public is just as apt to kicking Martin around as Iommi was. Good luck to him.
    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

I managed to interview Tony last night after the UK One off solo show announcement.

The cancelled UK show is explained, as well as the choice of the Birmingham venue (and lots of other TM things) hopefully it will be of interest to you:

http://www.planetmosh.com/tony-martin-interviewed

Would any of you guys be able to tell me how I might secure opportunity to interview Tony Martin, or Geoff Nicholls before/after the show? I will likely be there as I am a Birmingham local, and have just taken up writing for a brand new website dedicated to the music of the west-Midlands area - both historical and currently. I'd love to talk to Geoff about Quarts, both of them about Sabbath, and what they have been doing more recently. It would be a major coup for me to get something like this, and I'd happily do all I can to promote the show via my various connections in Birmingham.
    http://theramblingelf.tumblr.com/ - my Tumblog (music reviews galore!)
    http://twitter.com/TheRamblingElf - my Twitter
    http://www.facebook.com/rwarrell - my Facebook

I would love to see a DVD or a least a Live album from the Birmingham show in July.

Quote Originally Posted by RichDunn View Post
    I would love to see a DVD or a least a Live album from the Birmingham show in July.
    Unfortunately that seems as likely as me being the next Black Sabbath singer. The commercial interest for such a DVD or album would be close to none.
    Sorry to be a party pooper, but I think this is kind of sad. I love the work Tony Martin did with Sabbath, I love Scream and I really like some of the other stuff he's done with various musicians. And what credit does he get?
    Playing one show for 600 people is hardly a huge gig. Being interviewed by fans on various websites (no offense to you guys doing these interviews) is hardly the media attention that sells tickets or CDs.
    I agree with hipster doofus. Good luck to TM and his band, but it still is kind of sad.
    God knows as your dognose

I would even buy it, if it were a Live album download from I Tunes or Amazon, I think other Tony Martin fans would also buy it, if they know about it.