Thread: Martin

Default Martin Era Book

If there was to be a book wrote on just the Tony Martin years of the band. What would you like to see in it? Anything more closely detailed you'd like to read about?
    Last edited by EDTRADER; 03-16-2014 at 02:31 AM.
    Pain and Poison Roses

Quote Originally Posted by EDTRADER View Post
    If there was to be a book wrote on just the Tony Martin years of the band. What would you like to see in it? Anything more closely detailed you'd like to read about?
    For me, I would like to see Martin humanized. He tends to be viewed and portrayed as a faceless robot, but knowing more about him as a person would help to give him a personality. I would also like to know more about his relationships with the other band members, as well as the interplay between them. He has always been documented quite clinically.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

I'm most interested in the creative process, how the songs were written, the inspiration behind the lyrics, things like that. But in general, anything that's not already in Doom Let Loose, basically. There's so little info out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Now in Darkness View Post
    For me, I would like to see Martin humanized. He tends to be viewed and portrayed as a faceless robot, but knowing more about him as a person would help to give him a personality. I would also like to know more about his relationships with the other band members, as well as the interplay between them. He has always been documented quite clinically.
    This is really well-said. Exactly what is needed and yet I probably never would've been able to put my finger on it like you have.

Interesting question. I guess I'd like to hear more about Martin re-recording the vocals for 'Dehumanizer' after the dispute between the Dio and Butler/Iommi camps. In any event, I'm glad they worked it out ( ). The album is FANTASTIC as is, and one of Sabbath's all-time best! A "lost" classic.

I'm really not happy about the way Tony Martin was treated and erased from Black Sabbath history.

To me this doesn't say much about Tony Iommi's character.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Last edited by EDTRADER; 11-11-2014 at 12:59 AM.
    Pain and Poison Roses