Ok forgive me if there's already a thread like this but I had a cool idea. Imagine the Osbourne camp really wants to make the fans happy and does something completely off the wall such as having an über show where we get:

A small set with Steve Vai or Slash doing some Randy era songs. Another small set where Jake E Lee is there for some of the Jake stuff. And then we get Zakk doing some of the Zakk era songs. And since we know Gus G will be there he does some of the sabbath tunes with Geezer for the sabbath era set. I'm just saying Gus G would do sabbath era tunes because he doesn't really have a huge body of work with Ozzy yet, but is very capable of doing the songs.

Again, this is wishful thinking and would never happen. But it would be quite cool I would think. In an ideal world this would be a sabbath reunion with the original four.

Cool idea but there's noway they'd get all those guys together for an entire tour. A show here or there maybe. Out of all of Ozzy's solo guitarists Gus G plays the Sabbath stuff most accurately. The others have always embellished the crap out of them. All the extra embellishments that the others have done detract for the power of the riffs.

Although since they are filling in for Sabbath it would be best if they'd play mostly Sabbath tunes including some of the new tracks they're working on. Not going to be the same without Tony being on stage though, he has such a powerful presence.
    "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
    http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Quote Originally Posted by MH1986
    Cool idea but there's noway they'd get all those guys together for an entire tour. A show here or there maybe. Out of all of Ozzy's solo guitarists Gus G plays the Sabbath stuff most accurately. The others have always embellished the crap out of them. All the extra embellishments that the others have done detract for the power of the riffs.

Although since they are filling in for Sabbath it would be best if they'd play mostly Sabbath tunes including some of the new tracks they're working on. Not going to be the same without Tony being on stage though, he has such a powerful presence.
    Oh no doubt! Would never happen. But it would be a cool way for the Ozz to wind his career down. Make up with the likes of Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, Jake E Lee, maybe Phil Soussan and some others.

The Nervous Breakdown: So what's the deal with Ozzy? What are you doing with him [this summer]?

Zakk: It's the "Ozzy and Friends" thing. (Current Ozzy bandmembers) Gus G., Blasko and Tommy [Clufetos] are coming out and doing a bunch of tunes, then I come out with Blasko and Tommy and we end up doing a bunch of stuff from the era when I was with The Boss, from "No Rest For The Wicked" all the way through everything I've ever done with him. Then Geezer [Butler, BLACK SABBATH bassist] comes out and we do a bunch of SABBATH stuff and at the end, Slash and everybody — Geezer, Slash, Gus — and we all play "Paranoid".

http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/j...ur-domination/
    Last edited by svullo; 04-23-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Bring back Jake E Lee!

Seriously. Killer Of Giants anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by svullo View Post
    Then Geezer [Butler, BLACK SABBATH bassist] comes out and we do a bunch of SABBATH stuff and at the end, Slash and everybody — Geezer, Slash, Gus — and we all play "Paranoid".
    So Zakk will do the Sabbath-set and the only thing Slash'll be doing is the last tune... That's pretty boring...
    Dr. Feelgoods Miracle Tissue Regenerator

Amphetamines, Animal Hormones, Bone Marrow, Enzymes, Human Placenta, Painkillers, Steroids, and Multivitamins

Gus G., Blasko and Tommy are coming out and doing a bunch of tunes...

Let Me Hear You Scream
    Bark At The Moon
    I Don't Know
    Suicide Solution
    Mr. Crowley
    Killer Of Giants
    Shot In The Dark
    Crazy Train

...then I come out with Blasko and Tommy and we end up doing a bunch of stuff from the era when I was with The Boss, from "No Rest For The Wicked" all the way through everything I've ever done with him...

Miracle Man
    Crazy Babies
    I Don't Want To Change The World
    Road To Nowhere
    Breaking All The Rules
    Mama, I'm Coming Home

Then Geezer comes out and we do a bunch of SABBATH stuff...

War Pigs
    The Wizard
    Fairies Wear Boots
    Sweet Leaf
    Black Sabbath
    Iron Man
    Children Of The Grave

...and at the end Slash and everybody — Geezer, Slash, Gus — and we all play...

Paranoid
    "HALLOWEEN RIFFS, WALL-TO-WALL GUITARS"

Quote Originally Posted by The Wretch View Post
    Bring back Jake E Lee!

Seriously. Killer Of Giants anyone?
    Even if they do bring Lee along (which would be incredible awesome), 'Shot in the Dark' is the only thing they'd play from The Ultimate Sin, because he hates that album for some reason. I don't know why, it's better than anything he did in the '90s.

Quote Originally Posted by KazolOrajia View Post
    Even if they do bring Lee along (which would be incredible awesome), 'Shot in the Dark' is the only thing they'd play from The Ultimate Sin, because he hates that album for some reason. I don't know why, it's better than anything he did in the '90s.
    Strange that Killer Of Giants was dropped from Ozzy's setlist during the tour. They played it to a massive effect at the Ruisrock Festival 2010 in Turku, but left it out at the Sauna Open Air Metal Festival 2011 in Tampere. Killer Of Giants is a huge song from a thoroughly great album.

Quote Originally Posted by KazolOrajia View Post
    ... it's better than anything he did in the '90s.
    As much as people enjoy Jake, you're in the vast minority in that opinion. Fans, album sales, interviews, publicity...any source you want to find will not back you up. Overall, Ozzy's 1st 2 albums with RR and first 3 w/Zakk are considered his best among Ozzy-era circles. Just saying...

Well of course I'm in the minority. I was just speaking for myself. Still, I always thought Ozzmosis was considered one of Ozzy's worst, but I guess I'm going my Encyclopaedia Metallum plus my own tastes (it's the worst Ozzy album IMO).

Bah, just found out Black Label Society will be the warm-up act, atleast at the show i'm going to in Oslo. So this will be the exact same show as when i saw Ozzy in Trondheim in 2007, exept for two positive things: TNT won't be playing between BLS and Ozzy, and Geezer and Slash'll be there...

I understand that BLS's an easy choise as an opening act since Zakk's already there, but they could've found someone more interesting than them.

Another thing i just found out; it's a no age limit-show, which probably means no beer-sales inside the venue.
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 05-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Amphetamines, Animal Hormones, Bone Marrow, Enzymes, Human Placenta, Painkillers, Steroids, and Multivitamins

Personally I hated the way Gus G played the Sabbath songs when I saw Ozzy in 2010. The only good thing about that show was Ozzy, the rest of the band was plain bad to be honest. I hope Zakk does a lot of Sabbath material on this tour, I don't like him much either but he is light-years away from Gus G... I'll have to make sure I stand on Geezer's side of the venue, though that side will probably be far more crowded :D

EDIT: oh wait, when (if) Slash goes on there will probably be enough room on Geezer's side at least :D I don't like Slash either so... ^^
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My band's Reverbnation page:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/Oracleswe

Train-ticket and a room at a hostel bought, going into town to buy some sweet leaf compressed into a brown lump at friday, then i'm all set to go. Actually starting to really look forward to the show.
    I really hope that the show will be circa 1/3 solo-material and 2/3 Sabbath-material, but i guess that's too much to ask for...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    Train-ticket and a room at a hostel bought, going into town to buy some sweet leaf compressed into a brown lump at friday, then i'm all set to go. Actually starting to really look forward to the show.
    I really hope that the show will be circa 1/3 solo-material and 2/3 Sabbath-material, but i guess that's too much to ask for...
    Yeah 2/3 Sabbath material would be great, I hope that Geezer is working hard to get Ozzy to agree on as many Sabbath songs as possible in the setlist :D
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)

Quote Originally Posted by Josef_K View Post
    Yeah 2/3 Sabbath material would be great, I hope that Geezer is working hard to get Ozzy to agree on as many Sabbath songs as possible in the setlist :D
    And maybe let Slash do more than just Paranoid...

Btw, are you going to the show this friday?

And maybe let Slash do more than just Paranoid...

Btw, are you going to the show this friday?
    I'm not a great fan of Slash. To be honest I almost prefer Zakk. Ok maybe not. I never listen to any of the bands they were in... Slash has less distortion at times though that's gotta account for something ^^ Yeah I'm going to the show in Stockholm this friday, you're going to the Oslo show right?

Yup. The Bergen-show is a festival which is much more expencive, without really having that much more bands . and i'd have to travel trough Oslo to get there anyway.

Big fan of Slash though, G N' R was the first band i discovered on my own back in the days. Saw Velvet Revolver at Roskilde, awsome. Saw Axl's solo-band called G N'R the same place (but not the same year), not awsome. I like Axl, and i can enjoy his solo-album, but there's no way of justifying spending 15 years to make it...

Give a report of the Stockholm-show then

Yup. The Bergen-show is a festival which is much more expencive, without really having that much more bands . and i'd have to travel trough Oslo to get there anyway.

Big fan of Slash though, G N' R was the first band i discovered on my own back in the days. Saw Velvet Revolver at Roskilde, awsome. Saw Axl's solo-band called G N'R the same place (but not the same year), not awsome. I like Axl, and i can enjoy his solo-album, but there's no way of justifying spending 15 years to make it...

Give a report of the Stockholm-show then
    Hehe yeah I'll give a report after the show, for some reason I'm convinced it will be awesome :S If you are driving through Oslo anyway, how come you are not going to the show there instead of Bergen? Just curious

It's the Oslo-show i'm going to...

Ozzy and Slash should play Crucify the Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sucker View Post
    Ozzy and Slash should play Crucify the Dead.
    That would be cool.

Worst thing is; i think i'm starting to get a bit sick. It hurts from my nose down to my lungs, and i felt a bit off all day yesterday. Guess i'll have to ask my doc for some penicillin. If i missed this because i'm sick, that would be a real downer...

That would be cool.
    It'll be a missed opportunity if Ozzy & Slash don't play the song, and I think they're both aware of that.

Worst thing is; i think i'm starting to get a bit sick. It hurts from my nose down to my lungs, and i felt a bit off all day yesterday. Guess i'll have to ask my doc for some penicillin. If i missed this because i'm sick, that would be a real downer...
    Missing out would suck. All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sucker View Post
    Missing out would suck. All the best!
    Thanx, man. Fingers crossed ;-)

It's the Oslo-show i'm going to...
    ... and I'm an idiot :D Hope you enjoy the show and don't get sick ^^

Thanx. Got half a liter of Vodka now to clear my throath, and before i go to bed tonight i'll make myself a helluva warm and strong KARSK! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsk

The best medicine ;-)

Thanx. Got half a liter of Vodka now to clear my throath, and before i go to bed tonight i'll make myself a helluva warm and strong KARSK! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsk

The best medicine ;-)
    haha, drinking coffee before you go to bed is weird, drinking liqueur coffee before you go to bed is just... well good luck with that anyway :D

Quote Originally Posted by Josef_K View Post
    haha, drinking coffee before you go to bed is weird, drinking liqueur coffee before you go to bed is just... well good luck with that anyway :D
    It's warm, it clears your throat, and it makes you feel good. And i never drink coffee without liqueur anyway, so i don't really get that caffeine-kick.

Doors open 18.30
    BLS 20.00
    OZZY & FRIENDS 21.00

Phew, fuck...damn, I have waited for this...and finally, it's happening tomorrow, after 11 hours!

My second and last regular* 4 week long summer holiday begins tomorrow at 11.00 a.m.

The rock 'n' roll minibus will lift the clutch from the Seinäjoki bus station on 12.00 a.m.

LET'S GET FUCKING CRAZY!!!

* Week 26 my 2 sons will be born...

Hope you'll have a fucking good rockin' time!!!

Twins? Good luck. I think it's hard enough with a nephew...

Hope you'll have a fucking good rockin' time!!!

Twins? Good luck. I think it's hard enough with a nephew...
    Yeah, twins. Identical twins. Thanks for your good wishes, I need all the good vibes I can get.