Default Petition to reschedule Black Sabbath 2012 tour.

All right, so as many of you are aware very recently the original Black Sabbath line up reunited! We - all the dedicated Sabbath fans out there were so excited about this news.

Unfortunately as it is very often in life - things did not go as planned. Tony was diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma. All fans understand how hard it must be for Tony, his family and friends. We fully support his recovery and if it is necessary, we will accept the fact that tour and album must be canceled and rescheduled.

But we shall not accept the fact of getting Ozzy and friends line up instead of the original four sabbath members line up. Reunion and tour were promoted all over the media and ALL members wre supposingly involved.

How come contracts were not even signed yet is beyond me.To be honest, such a behaviour is kind of unfair towards the fans and even unprofessional - something I would never expect from our beloved band. Contracts were not even singed and sabbath already planned to announce its reunion worldwide and create hype among all fans out there? I am referring here to the whole Bill Ward situation and the way he was treated. I just can't believe that the same routine is happening all over again. Life is not only about money! I wonder if some people sometimes forget that.

Just wanted to share how all fans feel about all this and hopefully we will be treated with respect.

And as for fans who already bought tickets for the show (including me) - we can wait for new tour date, just reschedule all your shows for the later date and make sure that the tickets that were already bought will be viable!

Do not try to make money out of us in unfair way (Sharon!). I shall repeat myself - we do not want Ozzy and friends, we want the original Sabbath!

So, Dear Sabbath! Just cancel the tour for now, support your friend in his struggle against cancer and when the time comes kick some major ass with new album and amazing tour.

"There’s one thing about Black Sabbath which should not be understated. If Black Sabbath is missing any one of its members it’s no longer Black Sabbath. It is one of those wonderful bands where it really is a combination of the parts." - Henry Rollins

To all Sabbath fans out there that feel the same way - please share this petition among your friends and hopefully we can get someone who "pulls the strings" to see it.

"Stay strong, safe and live.
    Long Live Metal."
    If you agree, please sign!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petiti...66?ref=tn_tnmn
    Last edited by dev; 02-20-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Well this is bit tacky if you ask me.

They'll reschedule the tour if Tony beats the cancer (which I truly truly truly hope and believe)...but I don't see the point in a petition at all...especially when we're talking about a person who is struggling with cancer. The main priority for everyone should be his recovery not some fuckin' tour!
    -Too many flames, with too much to burn, and life's only made of paper. Oh how I need to be free of this pain but it goes over and over and over again-

I'm sick of seeing the Henry Rollins quote "If Black Sabbath is missing any one of its members it’s no longer Black Sabbath" taken out of context and being used in situations like this.

The tour isn't being billed (pun not intended) as Black Sabbath, it's being billed as OZZY & FRIENDS.
    Last edited by Soul Sucker; 02-20-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Black Sabbath --who late last year confirmed the recording of their first new album in more than 33 years and a worldwide headlining tour--have had to put some plans on hold due to Tony Iommi's battle with lymphoma. At this time, Black Sabbath will perform only one show of this summer’s previously scheduled European tour. It will take place Sunday, June 10th at the U.K.’s Download Festival.

So as not to let the promoters and fans down, Ozzy Osbourne will now perform the majority of the previously scheduled Black Sabbath dates (both festival performances and the headlining shows) billed as Ozzy & Friends.

These “first ever” Ozzy & Friends shows will feature appearances by “special guest” musicians including Geezer Butler (who will join Ozzy for a special Black Sabbath set as a show of respect and support to their friend, Tony Iommi) and longtime former Ozzy band member Zakk Wylde. In addition, Ozzy will be accompanied by longtime collaborator and friend Slash at select shows, with other “special guests” set to join the tour at various stops along the way (full list of dates, appearances below).

Tony Iommi continues to make excellent progress and is looking forward to getting back out on the road. Meanwhile, Black Sabbath continue to write and record music in the U.K. for their upcoming album. More information about these dates and Black Sabbath’s recording and touring plans is forthcoming.

From Walsall, near Birmingham, UK. Now live in Edinburgh, Scotland.

As I keep saying on various sites, I believe they will reschedule those dates at some point. It's sad that this has happened, but things have changed since 11.11.11.

One word ------ PRIORITIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post

They'll reschedule the tour if Tony beats the cancer (which I truly truly truly hope and believe)...but I don't see the point in a petition at all...especially when we're talking about a person who is struggling with cancer. The main priority for everyone should be his recovery not some fuckin' tour!
    I think what he's trying to say is that they should just cancel the whole thing instead of replacing it with Ozzy, and then rather announce a new tour when Tony's healthy again. Something i could support, really...
    Dr. Feelgoods Miracle Tissue Regenerator

Amphetamines, Animal Hormones, Bone Marrow, Enzymes, Human Placenta, Painkillers, Steroids, and Multivitamins

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    I think what he's trying to say is that they should just cancel the whole thing instead of replacing it with Ozzy, and then rather announce a new tour when Tony's healthy again. Something i could support, really...
    Agreed, This "Ozzy and Friends" atrocity is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae this whole thing has ended up being. People that spent top dollar( some over $1,000) for a Sabbath reunion should not have to settle for this "Ozzy and Friends" crap. How is it tacky to not want to settle for not getting the concert that you paid to see? If anything is tacky it's this "Ozzy and Friends" shit, they should have cancelled this whole tour upon news of Tony's illness....and full refunds should be given to all who bought tickets to go see Black Sabbath.
    "Just the FACTS please Ma'am. Thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
    and full refunds should be given to all who bought tickets to go see Black Sabbath.
    It will, for those who have tickets for stand-alone gigs. Festivals don't refund tickets...

Amphetamines, Animal Hormones, Bone Marrow, Enzymes, Human Placenta, Painkillers, Steroids, and Multivitamins

It will, for those who have tickets for stand-alone gigs. Festivals don't refund tickets...
    Indeed.

Personally, if I'd spent "Over $1000" to see Black Sabbath, I'd be glad Ozzy & Friends is touring. I presume, if you're spending that much, you booked a flight, and a hotel, because the tour's coming nowhere near to you? NO promoter is gonna refund you for all of that, so if I was stuck travelling to a European city for a cancelled gig, I'd rather have a bunch of full-time professional musicians, some of whom I am a fan of, than nothing at all.
    http://theramblingelf.tumblr.com/ - my Tumblog (music reviews galore!)
    http://twitter.com/TheRamblingElf - my Twitter
    http://www.facebook.com/rwarrell - my Facebook

You know they don't have to do this right? I mean they could just completely screw everybody over and go home with the exception of Download. Ozzy, Geezer, Zakk, and who ever the fuck else are offering fans the chance to still see a show if they wish to with those involved sans Tony of course. For festivals, once again they don't have to do shit, they could have just pulled out and left the show to the other bands or a replacement act. I haven't had the time to respond to all of this until now and yes it's unfortunate that this has played out as it has, but this I hate to say is kind of selfish of the larger fans. Lets say X fan has never seen Ozzy and/or Geezer and wants to see them live. They make all the arrangements to see Sabbath and pay for all of that involved. Then this news comes and he/she is disappointed in the announcement, but sees low and behold that Ozzy, Geezer, and Zakk are going to be playing still, so everything has not been wasted. The ticket that any of you hold is not worthless, maybe to you personally, but it's still worth something for the replacement band. They've chosen to avoid calling it Black Sabbath so as to not cause anymore controversy. We don't know who the drummer is so we can't say shit about that yet. Finally like I said they don't have to do this, they're doing this probably as both an alternative to fans if they want it, and as always to earn money. Those single arena places should not cause any trouble with returning tickets. Festivals I've already talked about. So essentially this is a petition to cancel the dates of a band whose sole existence as a replacement for another band that can't make it due to illness? They're not forcing you to go see the band, it's an alternative, so what's the problem. Maybe Sabbath never makes it back to these places, sure, you can say you'd be pissed about that, but even then you can't blame that on greed....

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post

Agreed...100%

I think it's pretty selfish and disrespectful to Tony and the entire band. They didn't cancel it because of the Bill thing, it's because Tony is being treated for a life threatening disease. Be thankful they're at least giving you all some kind of show.

What's the hassle about 'Ozzy&Friends tour"?

To my understanding it is up to you, if you want to go see them or not. At leas in Finland, you can return your tickets until end of April.
    OR then you can decide to see Ozzy&Friends.

The cancellation of the tour was the act of God and there is nothing we can do about it.

As said many times here: Tony's health is the priority and once that has been clarified there is probably a need for re-estimation on the reunion tour. - Now we have to remember that this will be probably 6 months-a year from now and nobody knows what is the situation by then. Of course it would be desirable that the reunion tour would ultimately take place (third time). Personally I'm more excited on the possibility that there will be complete new album written and performed by the original four.

So let's all focus our prayers and good wills and whatever for Tony's recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by lord71 View Post
    What's the hassle about 'Ozzy&Friends tour"?

To my understanding it is up to you, if you want to go see them or not. At leas in Finland, you can return your tickets until end of April.
    OR then you can decide to see Ozzy&Friends.

The cancellation of the tour was the act of God and there is nothing we can do about it.

As said many times here: Tony's health is the priority and once that has been clarified there is probably a need for re-estimation on the reunion tour. - Now we have to remember that this will be probably 6 months-a year from now and nobody knows what is the situation by then. Of course it would be desirable that the reunion tour would ultimately take place (third time). Personally I'm more excited on the possibility that there will be complete new album written and performed by the original four.

So let's all focus our prayers and good wills and whatever for Tony's recovery.
    I'm not disagreeing at all, i was just trying to explain what i thought dev meant with this petition, since so many seemed to find it tacky...