Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Default New Server is online!

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...ver-on-the-way

The new server discussed in that thread is now online and active. If you can read this message, then you're on the new box. Things should go a lot smoother around here now.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

So far atleast this feel a lot faster than the old one! Sometimes you needed to wait 15 - 20 seconds for a page/topic to load, now it's instant! Seems that the change was a good thing and worked well!

Cool!
    -Too many flames, with too much to burn, and life's only made of paper. Oh how I need to be free of this pain but it goes over and over and over again-

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    So far atleast this feel a lot faster than the old one! Sometimes you needed to wait 15 - 20 seconds for a page/topic to load, now it's instant! Seems that the change was a good thing and worked well!

Cool!
    This. Everything loads at least twice as fast for me.
    Well I donít want no preacher telling me about the god in the sky
    No I donít want no one to tell me where Iím gonna go when I die
    I wanna live my life, I donít want people telling me what to do
    I just believe in myself, ícause no one else is true

Yeah, I agree with you guys, it's faster.

Just out of curiosity was there a problem yesterday for a few hours? When I got home about 1700 GMT and them for the rest of the evening all I got was a message saying somrthing likr "This Domain Name has recently been registered by one of our customers" with no sign of the site. It was back this morning though both at home and at work ... phew!

A definite improvement in speed, even across the Atlantic!
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Just adding my voice to the "its much faster" chorus. Well Done Joe! Also, I would like to express my thanks for all the work you do to make this not only one of the best music/fan sites, but one of my favorite websites period. Thanks Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
    Just out of curiosity was there a problem yesterday for a few hours? When I got home about 1700 GMT and them for the rest of the evening all I got was a message saying somrthing likr "This Domain Name has recently been registered by one of our customers" with no sign of the site. It was back this morning though both at home and at work ... phew!

A definite improvement in speed, even across the Atlantic!
    Yes, I screwed up a local DNS configuration, and it made the world point to a "coming soon" page, vs the site content. At the time it happened I was at a hospital with my wife and son, and couldn't do much about it. Fixed it when I got back home.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

The site is much faster now. It works fantastic! Thank you for everything Joe!

One way you guys could help me would be to not run adblockers on your browsers on this site, and click a few ads.

You heard the man gang! Let's click and make him some money for all the hard work he does. I bought my P90X from here. You don't even have to purchase anything, click-click-click to show Joe's advertisers that he attracts consumers and we are checking out their products. IF I AM WRONG, PLEASE CORRECT ME JOE! If Joe is like most, if not all webmasters, he makes $$$ with every click on a banner.
    Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes.
    Do you think of all the pain from your lies?
    Or do you deny, you're responsible
    For the victims of the sins you leave behind?

Or you could just outright donate. New servers aren't free.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/otherstuff/donate/