Default Black Sabbath Warner Bros albums

Does anyone know the "official" reason why some songs on first 4 albums have different/extra titles on American pressings (like Sleeping Village/A Bit of Finger, War Pigs/Luke's Wall etc.)? I know those are maybe different parts of songs, but why only in Warner pressings? I've read about extra royalties or something like that, but I don't think that it is the real reason.

Its a lousy trick to make you think there are more songs to justify the purchase of the album because there would be more sells if the album has more songs compared to the same price but less.
    Still I wonder what its like to be loved, instead of hiding in myself...

It is strange to think then that either A. The band had already named these instrumental names and were just able to tell the record company when asked. B. The band was asked to make these names up for the warning bros releases on the spot. Or C. The record label just made them up.
    How was I to know it was "kiss the world with winter flowers"?

I've still got my original green WB Sabbath reocrds, 1-4, they DID NOT have those added titles on the original WB releases. They were added at the susequent future pressings.

i always that nems records did that,like vol4 the elegy at end of whells of confusion ,i never heard that till i seen nems release.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    I've still got my original green WB Sabbath reocrds, 1-4, they DID NOT have those added titles on the original WB releases. They were added at the susequent future pressings.
    I beg to differ. First pressing green label WB disks had the sub-divided track names. Subsequent green label WB pressings did not. As has been pointed out, it was a marketing ploy, but the names themselves weren't created out of whole cloth. As I understand it, they were actual names applied to bits of the songs as they were created.

When I got Black Sabbath, Paranoid and Vol 4 they all had the extra titles, Master didn't, but I got a used copy soon after that, that did, but the first time I saw the extra titles for Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was in the official songbook, don't think I ever saw them printed on a label.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynlsol View Post
    I beg to differ. First pressing green label WB disks had the sub-divided track names. Subsequent green label WB pressings did not. As has been pointed out, it was a marketing ploy, but the names themselves weren't created out of whole cloth. As I understand it, they were actual names applied to bits of the songs as they were created.
    Well, I bought VOL4 when it was released in '72, and mine didn't have the sub-div. track names, that's all I can say. It's my understanding that they were added later.