Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Default The Survivor Series of Threads

Are all you guys on Facebook?

What would you think about me moving the series to Facebook? I was thinking we might get a larger response if I put the polls there - we get 100, 150 or so people voting in each round, which is nice, but with a couple thousand people on Facebook, I'd wager we'd get a larger sample.

Any thoughts?
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Sounds great in theory Joe. However I think your going to run into problems with the more obscure albums, your average Facebook joe probably hasn't ever heard them let alone be able to vote appropriately. It would work well with albums like Paranoid and maybe Heaven and Hell but something tells me you throw Seventh Star or Forbidden on there your going to get some random ass voting.

Your call, you could always throw up a test poll and see how it goes just to test the water.
    "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
    http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Quote Originally Posted by MH1986 View Post
    Sounds great in theory Joe. However I think your going to run into problems with the more obscure albums, your average Facebook joe probably hasn't ever heard them let alone be able to vote appropriately. It would work well with albums like Paranoid and maybe Heaven and Hell but something tells me you throw Seventh Star or Forbidden on there your going to get some random ass voting.

Your call, you could always throw up a test poll and see how it goes just to test the water.
    It's just a thought. I just put the idea up now.

The other possibility is to run a separate series of polls on Facebook, and leave the forum polls alone.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post

The other possibility is to run a separate series of polls on Facebook, and leave the forum polls alone.
    Doing it on Facebook could get you more traffic though as friends of people on here will see them voting and all. You get 50-100 votes on here per poll, that could extrapolate out into quite a bit of extra traffic which is always good for you. Could also encourage people to listen to some Sabbath they never heard before as well. There's pros and cons to it.
    "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
    http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

What if we are not on Facebook?- I like the idea of having one on the site and another on Facebook. That way I (and others) will not have to join Facebook.
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

I'm not on Facebook and have no real desire to join.

I'm resigned to the fact that I'll probably have to join at some point as a lot of stuff is moving that way, I presume it boosts your revenue (a good thing), but being a bit of a dinosaur it leaves a sour taste that a lot of my favourite sites are moving popular features over to it.

IMDB have just moved their Daily Poll onto Facebook, some of the comments from the regulars weren't favourable. One comment I noticed which might have a bearing was that if a poll has more than 6 options it displays the first 6 and then you get a link to display the rest of the them.

Don't let me stop you moving the poll, it won't spoil my enjoyment of the rest of the site.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

No do not change the whole poll there. I think this kind of belongs here.

The seperate poll idea sounds good though. It'll give the people not here on the forum a chance to vote as well.
    -Too many flames, with too much to burn, and life's only made of paper. Oh how I need to be free of this pain but it goes over and over and over again-

Yeah like most people say thumbs up to the separate poll idea, but not to moving the poll to Facebook alone. I'm on Facebook so I will vote on both though :D
    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My band's Reverbnation page:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/Oracleswe

I'm not on Facebook, and have no desire to be. If it is just the polls I guess that would be fine, seperate would be better. But it is your site, you can do what you want. I come to this site because of all the different things on here. Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post

I think one poll on here and one poll on facebook is a good idea.

I would have to go with the separate polls on Facebook and the forum idea as well.

I'm for keeping one here, but one on Facebook wouldn't hurt.

I'm on Facebook but hardly ever use it....personal information thief is all it is, I'd prefer polls stay here
    Thanks Ronnie
    Heaven and Hell - 8/29/2009 - House of Blues, Atlantic City
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tiLtInN8EM
    Die Young - 8/29/2009 - House of Blues, Atlantic City
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q41NOVVyqS0

Ummm maybe this is something you all already know about but I haven't seen the poll in about a week. It shows all the past results and even the first three results from 13 but I don't see the current poll or possibly the new poll :(

Quote Originally Posted by princehollow View Post
    Ummm maybe this is something you all already know about but I haven't seen the poll in about a week. It shows all the past results and even the first three results from 13 but I don't see the current poll or possibly the new poll :(
    The latest poll expired at the start of the week. Joe is presumably too busy or away somewhere to update it.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Thanks I couldn't figure out if it had something to do with my internet or something. Can't wait to vote again haha I'm always surprised by everyones choices. Cheers!

On the site? Ick. I thought I had renewed that. I'll look at it shortly.

No worries Joe! Take your time and thanks again for providing a great site and forum. Cheers!

Updated. Sorry about that.