Default Jim Norton hears 2 new Sabbath songs

Listening to Opie and Anthony this morning, and Jim Norton talked about going to LA to film a spot with Ozzy for Norton's upcoming Epix comedy special. Anyhow, Norton talks about going to Ozzy's house for the filming, and Ozzy invites him in to his home studio, and Ozzy plays 2 new Sabbath songs for Jim.

I know Norton is a huge Sabbath fan, and to hear these songs, he must have been dropping a brick.

A Song for Jim?

What did he say about the new songs?
    Last edited by Soul Sucker; 05-08-2012 at 02:36 AM.

more importantly who is playing drums ? how can he even call it black sabbath with out bill playing on it ? that fact blows my mind how they can over look it as if it
    don't matter. they are truly iron men with black iron hearts,to dis-respect a founding member the way they did--really tainted any joy about tour and album to me,i consider bill a personal friend and feel his hurt-just such a sad situation ,in reality bill is the one who needed money,they already have mansions in every country,bill has a modest little place on west coast. they totally forgot where they came from and the real black sabbath died in 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesline View Post
    more importantly who is playing drums ? how can he even call it black sabbath with out bill playing on it ? that fact blows my mind how they can over look it as if it
    don't matter. they are truly iron men with black iron hearts,to dis-respect a founding member the way they did--really tainted any joy about tour and album to me,i consider bill a personal friend and feel his hurt-just such a sad situation ,in reality bill is the one who needed money,they already have mansions in every country,bill has a modest little place on west coast. they totally forgot where they came from and the real black sabbath died in 1979.
    Oh, fucking hell... Can we not bring the "no Ward = no Sabbath" crap into every thread?
    Last edited by Soul Sucker; 05-08-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Did he say anything about how they sounded?
    Last edited by KazolOrajia; 05-08-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    To safeguard my philosophy until my dying breath
    I transfer from reality into a living dead
    I empathize with enemies until weíre dying right
    With God and Satan at my side, from darkness will come light

https://www.facebook.com/MetalIsTheOnlyLaw

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sucker View Post
    A Song for Jim?
    Very clever Soul Sucker haha. And I agree, lets leave the No Bill Ward = No Sabbath stuff out mikesline. It just ends up changing the whole thread. But yeah, I wonder how they sounded?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Sabbath View Post
    Very clever Soul Sucker haha. And I agree, lets leave the No Bill Ward = No Sabbath stuff out mikesline. It just ends up changing the whole thread. But yeah, I wonder how they sounded?
    im sure it sounds like the songs were constructed in studio,and each guy recorded alone--not a live band at all-until sharon and gloria decides who will get labor wages for the gig.

im sure it sounds like the songs were constructed in studio,and each guy recorded alone--not a live band at all-until sharon and gloria decides who will get labor wages for the gig.
    Just stop.

I don't think such speculation about drumming is appropriate as none of us actually know what exactly happened after all.
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

plus thats how all bands record now. its been common practise for years

Raaamoooone! I can't wait to hear the new album! Raamoooonne!!

Is he still listens to the songs or what .........

The songs were both great. Really heavy, very much old Sabbath sounding without sounding like they were just taking old songs and redoing them. I almost couldn't process them, though, because I was sitting next to Ozzy in his basement listening to them. 'Dropping a brick' is a great way of putting it.

That's awesome. Do you remember any song titles?

Quote Originally Posted by JIm Norton View Post
    The songs were both great. Really heavy, very much old Sabbath sounding without sounding like they were just taking old songs and redoing them. I almost couldn't process them, though, because I was sitting next to Ozzy in his basement listening to them. 'Dropping a brick' is a great way of putting it.
    Sounds great. I'm hoping the neww Sabbath album to be be recognisable classic Sabbath, but with a fresh touch.

Holy hell you are right here!!

Are both tracks in fast tempo? And how long are the songs??
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Were the drum tracks programmed or do you think they had a drummer lay them down?

Who is Jim Norton and is that his real response?

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    Who is Jim Norton and is that his real response?
    I can't believe that he is really him. Everybody could describe Sabbath songs as really heavy...

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSabbath View Post
    I can't believe that he is really him. Everybody could describe Sabbath songs as really heavy...
    Yeah but who is he???

A comedian.

same here mike, completely agree, bill has stayed true to what he believes, it's fucking ridiculous whats happened, it's like someone working doing the same job and the other person getting payed more the same job. So all these people on these "forums" need to fucking stick up for Bill, not the other members. I love them, there the best band ever. but fuck me, pay the man what he's worth, he's the best drummer ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    A comedian.
    Thank you SWEET!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman77 View Post
    same here mike, completely agree, bill has stayed true to what he believes, it's fucking ridiculous whats happened, it's like someone working doing the same job and the other person getting payed more the same job. So all these people on these "forums" need to fucking stick up for Bill, not the other members. I love them, there the best band ever. but fuck me, pay the man what he's worth, he's the best drummer ever.
    I so agree. Hell, I am willing to accept them touring without Bill AS LONG AS THEY PUT HIM ON THE ALBUM! Tours come and go. Albums are forever. It will just ruin the legacy for me. They should call the band O.G.T.S (Ozzy, Geezer, Tony and Scab)

Quote Originally Posted by turch118 View Post
    Thank you SWEET!!!
    You are welcome!

Jim Norton is apparently a huge Sabbath fan. He has been known to use "A National Acrobat" as intro music before shows.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSabbath View Post
    Based on his sign-up info it looks to really be Jim Norton. I'm thrilled not just that he expanded upon his experience with the new songs here, but that he clearly has lurked here previously. Hopefully he will post again when the mood strikes!
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com