Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Black sabbath the end of the end ?

BLACK SABBATH THE END OF THE END

I guess this is the movie they talked about.

Is there anyone here who knows more?

"The End of The End is the story of that final, emotionally-charged concert. Fans are taken into the heart of the action, up close and personal with the band on stage as they perform genre-defining hits, from Iron Man to Paranoid to War Pigs, amongst others. Sabbath also took the opportunity to spend some time in the studio, delivering a unique performance of some of their favourite songs."

https://genesiscinema.co.uk/GenesisC...?Film=7670354#

very cool looking forward to it!
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Black Sabbath: The End of the End - Black Sabbath: The End of the End - September 28, 2017 at 9:30 PM

Tickets for this event will go on sale on June 28th

https://enzian.secure.force.com/tick...600000AZMvJEAX

Where will this be showing?
    "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
    ~ Ronnie James Dio

Banned

Thanks Svullo. Hopefully it gets some screenings in my city. Be awesome to watch it on the big screen in true theatre surround sound.

However the thing that has me most curious and excited is the last paragraph of your initial post.

"Sabbath also took the opportunity to spend some time in the studio, delivering a unique performance of some of their favourite songs"

This is something I've always thought would be a cool idea for Sabbath to do. Record/Film some of their songs live off the floor in the studio in a relaxed environment with just them and some sound guys. Similar to what Maiden did with Live from Abbey Road or Metallica did with St Anger live from HQ.

If in fact this is true and I'm reading it right.

Hopefully it will be released on DVD afterwards, if the show comes to my town I'll be seeing it.
    "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
    ~ Ronnie James Dio

I guess it will be an official
    announcement at any time now

https://www.curzon.org.uk/film/32315

http://enzian.org/film/black-sabbath-end-end/
    Last edited by svullo; 06-25-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Stripper View Post

"Sabbath also took the opportunity to spend some time in the studio, delivering a unique performance of some of their favourite songs"

This is something I've always thought would be a cool idea for Sabbath to do. Record/Film some of their songs live off the floor in the studio in a relaxed environment with just them and some sound guys. Similar to what Maiden did with Live from Abbey Road or Metallica did with St Anger live from HQ.

Yes, that's what I thought looks most interesting

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by svullo View Post
    Yes, that's what I thought looks most interesting
    I wonder if Ozzy could maybe even pull off singing(to a respectable level) some of the songs that are out of his vocal range these days with the luxury of singing in a more relaxed controlled environment and being able to do multiple takes?

Also, I hope the concert film isn't fucked up by the fast-cut editing style that seems to be common practice with a lot of concert DVDs these days. It not only ruins the enjoyment of watching it it actually makes your eyes hurt!

Thanks Svullo. Hopefully it gets some screenings in my city. Be awesome to watch it on the big screen in true theatre surround sound.

However the thing that has me most curious and excited is the last paragraph of your initial post.

After the last gig the band spent around three more days in the studio in the UK to wrap up some further filming for that particular DVD/Blu Ray documentary , fingers crossed those are some different takes of some classics that haven't made it to the final tour setlist , some of these songs might be 'The Wizard' , 'Wicked World' and maybe some other songs that we heard some snippets during sound checks like 'Cornucopia' ! I can't wait for this to be released ! So excited !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IRON-MaN View Post
    After the last gig the band spent around three more days in the studio in the UK to wrap up some further filming for that particular DVD/Blu Ray documentary , fingers crossed those are some different takes of some classics that haven't made it to the final tour setlist , some of these songs might be 'The Wizard' , 'Wicked World' and maybe some other songs that we heard some snippets during sound checks like 'Cornucopia' ! I can't wait for this to be released ! So excited !
    Yeah I'm pretty pumped about it as well, especially if we get some of those songs you mention that weren't part of the tour set. Be worth buying for that alone.

...And - We'll all know who to thank too if we get a live studio version of Cornucopia
    Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 06-28-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Yeah I'm pretty pumped about it as well, especially if we get some of those songs you mention that weren't part of the tour set. Be worth buying for that alone.

...And - We'll all know who to thank too if we get a live studio version of Cornucopia
    Next year ... To celebrate Black Sabbath's 50 year anniversary.... they should release a remastered edit free The Last Super dvd showing all the songs in full with no interviews!!!!!!!!!

"The band also takes to Angelic Studios in order to perform tracks that haven’t seen the light of day for over forty years. After half a century, this is your chance to hear the final word from the greatest metal band of all time."

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/GLDKII

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
    Where will this be showing?
    It's getting a worldwide release for one day only. There is a link within this link of a list of cinemas it'll be showing at with more to be added. http://bravewords.com/news/black-sab...this-september

Good news for me it's screening in quite a few cinema's in my city including one about 10 minutes from where I live. And again, this studio stuff sounds very intriguing & exciting.

I think this End Of The End is gonna be quite a unique & cool experience and a must see on the big screen for Sabbath diehards.
    Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 06-29-2017 at 01:49 AM.

It's getting a worldwide release for one day only. There is a link within this link of a list of cinemas it'll be showing at with more to be added. http://bravewords.com/news/black-sab...this-september

Good news for me it's screening in quite a few cinema's in my city including one about 10 minutes from where I live. And again, this studio stuff sounds very intriguing & exciting.

I think this End Of The End is gonna be quite a unique & cool experience and a must see on the big screen for Sabbath diehards.
    My thoughts exactly. Plenty of cinemas in Sydney, including one quite close to me. This is a must see for sure.

Soria Moria, Ųstenfor sol og vestenfor måne, Norge

Since it seems to be the same guys who made Zeppelin: Celebration Day, i guess it's end up as a DVD release. But i'm still going to see it in a cinema. Missed Celebration Day, but saw God Bless O.O., and the live clips were awsome on the big screen.
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 06-29-2017 at 03:34 AM.
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Good timing for heads up. I just checked and tickets for Helsinki cinemas will be available today at 2 PM.

Banned

I'm gonna go Gold Class. My wife gets free Gold Class tickets through her work so might as well see it in style.

Was this little detail from the poster discussed here before?

Quote Originally Posted by southernlord View Post
    Was this little detail from the poster discussed here before?
    Wow!! Never even noticed that. That's awesome.

The cinema i'm going to had VIP leather couches for the same price as the regular seats. So why the hell not, gotta enjoy Sabbath with style
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Fuck yes, cant wait!!!

Banned

Who's going & who's got their tickets? I got mine a few weeks back. I did end up getting Gold Class tickets which were twice as expensive but my wife's work paid for them

Also picked up the original quad movie poster.

Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 08-03-2017 at 01:52 AM.

I'm going on Sep 28. Got my favourite seat from the end of uppermost row where no-one's directly behind me. 18 euros but I guess it'll be worth it because this will be my first live show screening in a big theatre and I haven't gone to movies in, what, years.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    The cinema i'm going to had VIP leather couches for the same price as the regular seats. So why the hell not, gotta enjoy Sabbath with style
    Me and three, maybe four friends. That in Sept., Melvins in Oct. Cool autumn...

Disc 1 and 2 the live concert on cd, disc 4 the dvd, disc 5 the blu-ray

What is disc 3,

Disc 3
    1 The Wizard
    2 Wicked World
    3 Sweet Leaf
    4 Tomorrow’s Dream
    5 Changes

Could these be new studio takes on these 5 songs?

Banned

^^I'd say it's the songs that were filmed live the studio... Holy hell! Wicked World & Changes.

Hopefully they're full performances and not edited with interviews like the The Last Supper was.

No listing for The End Of The End set on Amazon as yet.

It's also on the German emp site: http://www.emp.de/art_368852/

The German descirption says:
    This limited collectors edition comes in two part rigid-mirror-board box set, 32 page casebound fan booklet, and contains in addition to the double cd, dvd and blu ray of the live spectacle, the bonus cd "The angelic sessions" (exclusive studio recordings of selected songs Black Sabbath didn't perform on the tour - recorded after the last show in Birmingham) as well as a 'Winged Demon' pin, a 'The End' tour pass replica and 3 guitar picks.

So, new studio recordings indeed! Great news. And a great price for the box.

The various editions according to emp.de listings are:
    • 2-CD (jewel case) - Concert only
    • DVD - Concert only
    • Blu-Ray - Concert only
    • DVD / CD (digipak) - incl "The angelic sessions", not the concert cd!
    • Blu-Ray / CD (digipak) - incl "The angelic sessions", not the concert cd!
    • 3LP (Gatefold) - Concert only
    • Collectors 3CD/DVD/Bluray Box - as desribed above

So you don't have to buy the full box to get the new studio tracks, wich is nice.
    Last edited by southernlord; 09-05-2017 at 07:50 AM.

^^I'd say it's the songs that were filmed live the studio... Holy hell! Wicked World & Changes.

Hopefully they're full performances and not edited with interviews like the The Last Supper was.

No listing for The End Of The End set on Amazon as yet.
    These were the tracks that were recorded on those 3 days post to the last gig in Birmingham ! Its says its a CD so I guess those bonus tracks are all audio format
    So far and looking at the track list , the Box Set doesn't show if there is any extra footage or documentary apart from the gig itself ! Remember that the 'The End Of the End' movie is an edited version of the gig , so I guess we will have some interviews and footage with the band members between the songs on the edited movie edition but I'm not sure if its going to be quite similar on the regular DVD/Blu Ray editions (I doubt the gig will be interrupted with interviews and backstage footage like 'The Last Supper').

With that been said , I have to say the design , graphics and colors of the set are quite awful ! Its so bad I can't even comprehend the idea of the design itself ! A friend was making fun saying it looks like an elevator shaft ! lol , just terrible ! Anyway I can't wait for this to be released !
    Last edited by IRON-MaN; 09-05-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Im excited for this. I always dig live albums. But this is the final concert ever. So both the Audio and video will be special. Disc 3 is strange but will be very interesting. I was really hoping those tracks were recorded during Pre-tour rehearsals. But they were recorded after the final show. I guess they knew fans was curious to hear some of the deep cuts they had been rehearsing and decided to give us a tease of it anyway.

But I have to agree the artwork is awful. Do we have a release date yet?

Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    Im excited for this. I always dig live albums. But this is the final concert ever. So both the Audio and video will be special. Disc 3 is strange but will be very interesting. I was really hoping those tracks were recorded during Pre-tour rehearsals. But they were recorded after the final show. I guess they knew fans was curious to hear some of the deep cuts they had been rehearsing and decided to give us a tease of it anyway.

But I have to agree the artwork is awful. Do we have a release date yet?
    I think November 17th the article said for the UK, you can pre order it now, probably the 14th of November for the US

I like the art work \m/

The End Of The End review

"The End Of The End, one part concert film, one part documentary, captures that living wake. The big-budget live footage captures the tangible levels of emotion swirling around the band and the audience (anyone who thinks they never need to hear War Pigs again should clock the titanic version here). There’s gold in the off-stage footage: Ozzy blasting a harmonica on a rehearsal room blast through The Wizard, or the band musing on their friendship with estranged drummer Bill Ward."

http://teamrock.com/review/2017-09-0...the-end-review

It really sucks that Black Sabbath never traveled to east Asia beyond Japan :((((((((((((
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Has anyone ever seen this on a US market yet? I have not and that is strange.

I was looking at the tracklisting and it seems that we get longer versions of:
    Under The Sun / Every Day Comes And Goes,
    After Forever,
    Dirty Women,
    Children Of The Grave
    - and the drum solo!
    on the CDs - I imagine they've been edited for the film - so to really get everything - I'll have to buy everything!
    I agree with the comments on the packaging - it reminds me of the Radio City Music Hall set - but not so good
    Annyway looking forward to seeing the film next week!

I'll bet we hear about worldwide release right after the screening on the 28th. They probably want people to go see the film rather than just wait to buy it later on.

Quote Originally Posted by svullo View Post
    There’s gold in the off-stage footage: Ozzy blasting a harmonica on a rehearsal room blast through The Wizard"

http://teamrock.com/review/2017-09-0...the-end-review
    Probably promotion for this.

http://ozzy-playhohner.com/

Banned

I'm off to see The End Of The End tomorrow evening. Sabbath on the big screen.

Really looking forward to it.