PDA

View Full Version : Wolverhampton 1990

RF
12-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Just listened to this show, and what a bloddy great show it is. I have not listened to live Martin era stuff for years, but on the evidence of this show they were a great live band.

TM's voice is sensational, especially compared to CPLive, and they play some songs from TYR that they never rarely played again I think.

After flying 6000 miles to see them shortly after this show only to have them cancel on the day!! I was pretty pissed off, now I am even more so when I hear what I missed.

This was a great live band, pity........

RF

Psychophobia
12-08-2004, 09:21 AM
It's one of my favourites from the Martin era... killer setlist, especially if you're a fan of TYR. Nice quality for audience recording as well.

Mateusz
12-08-2004, 10:08 AM
I agree with you RF, I have this show for a couple of days only ,but I have listened to it quite a few times. My fauvorite parts are the bass solo turning into Heart like a Wheel, jazz guitar solo (not the usula Iommi kinda stuff). Also The sabbath Stones are just fabulous !

WDIV
12-08-2004, 11:56 AM
It's tough to find shows with Tyr songs on them!

Madman
12-08-2004, 12:01 PM
could you post the set list?

RF
12-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Gates of Hell
Anno Mundi
Neon Knights
Headless Cross
When Death Calls
War Pigs
The Shining
Bass Solo
Heart Like A Wheel
Guitar Solo
LawMaker
The Battle of TYR
Sabbath Stones
Drum Solo
Odins Court
Sign Of The Southern Cross
Feels Good To Me
Iron Man
Children Of The Grave
Black Sabbath
Guitar Solo
Die Young
Heaven and Hell
Paranoid

The TYR songs appear to go over really well, and the sound excellent, fuck knows why they dropped them. The set list took a serious turn for the worse later in the tour. There are some nice touches to the songs and playing as well. martin introduces Murray before the wrong song, Cozys solo is great.

And best of all someone near the tape recorder wondering why the never played Valhalla

Anybody know why? Anybody see these shows, were they as good as the sound??

RF

DarthKur
12-08-2004, 09:53 PM
I've been trying like hell to complete this show. I'm missing 5 tracks:
2-Anno Mundi
14-Drum Solo
22-Die Young
23-H&H
24-Paranoid

I'd be eternally grateful to anyone that could help me out with that.

Joe Siegler
12-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Isn't this the gig with an extra long set, including several things that were never played anywhere else?

Edit: I just saw the set list post a few above this one. Yes, it is this gig. It's a great set list. Wish I could have seen it in person. The Tyr tour never made it to the US - thanks Dio! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Madman
12-09-2004, 11:56 AM
damn! that is quite a freakin' set list!

Wow.

capfindus
12-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Not the best sounding bootleg, but the best setlist for sure!
I love the first dates, you can often find never-played-again songs, like Angry Heart in Seventh Star tour, Falling off the edge of the world in Mob Rules tour (ok, they played it twice), and so on...

dudleysabbath
11-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I WAS THERE!!
Dudley is about 6mile from wolvo. I was sat in the balcony facing stage, it wasn,t sold out. circus of Power were support & i remember loud. Remember it was quite relaxed as it was first night, so did have some breaks between songs longer then normal. They had to give Cozy oxygen after solo, Think before paranoid Tony IO did the "thats all folks" before leading into it. Had friend who had given up on sabs at that point say the singer was lot better then he expected. It was only 3 days after my mother had died, so it was a strange night for me & my sister, but it was a great event. Wish i had recorded

Korps
11-12-2013, 10:57 AM
It would be incredible to have good quality live recordings of those tours when Tony Martin was healthy and hadn't damaged his voice by performing while sick. He had such glorious pipes!

TYR66
11-12-2013, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbDKmH6rdcw

OzzyIsDio
11-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Doctor John, says Wolverhampton is available.

EDTRADER
11-15-2013, 01:46 PM
The best sounding version is called TYR Lives which is mastered from the original tape.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbDKmH6rdcw

This my upload, cool. I almost forgot about it!