PDA

View Full Version : Crossed Purposes Live Video

Razzle
09-28-2005, 04:49 AM
Ive just watched the Crossed Purposes Live Video from the Video Cd package and I really enjoyed.
It was a real breath of fresh air to watch Tony Martin singing Sabbath song's from all era's with real enthusiasm, he really was having a good time and the band was really tight. If I have any quibbles and there only small it was Tony Iommi's constant grinning at the audience. If you have not seen this video yet I highly recommend it, a real testament to the Tony Martin era.

El Lobo
09-28-2005, 06:35 AM
I enjoy this video also, even if Tony's voice is in very bad shape here. Headless in Russia is a better example of how good of a live vocalist Martin was.

Gardener
09-28-2005, 06:43 AM
If you want a really good show from this tour, you should try to get the Offenbach 05/04/94 show. You might still be able to find it on http://www.dimeadozen.org, the whole band is in top shape and Tony Martin is really blazing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

paranoid
09-28-2005, 01:01 PM
I really like this video too. But IMO, just over 80 minutes isn't enough! They should of made it a longer release (double VHS/CD) with more Dio and Martin era songs.

They had some great stuff, but when you're around as long as Sabbath is, it's hard to make a set that pleases everyone.

I would of liked something like The Shining, Sign Of The Southern Cross, etc.

Mob_Rules
09-28-2005, 01:49 PM
"The Sign Of The Southern Cross" is a song I wish they did with Martin all the way through. Tony would tear that one up!

Rover
09-28-2005, 04:14 PM
He did perform a short excerpt from it on the TYR tour - just an intro. And ooh yeah, he did shine! I wish they had dropped the god-damned Iron Man to make room for The Sign of the Southern Cross in its full glory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif

paranoid
09-28-2005, 06:28 PM
True that, that song isn't good with anyone except Ozzy, maybe Ray, but not Tony.

Could of kept off Paranoid, maybe War Pigs, but all the other Ozzy songs should of stayed.

Rover
09-29-2005, 12:38 AM
What could "The Sign of the Southern Cross" have to do with Ozzy?

Gardener
09-29-2005, 03:19 AM
I think he was talking about "Iron Man" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nightwing
09-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Can somebody contact me for a trade on Headless in Russia?

innhel
09-29-2005, 07:29 PM
In all reality, for the general Sabbath crowd, if you removed "Iron Man" from the setlist - there would be a riot. Same with "Paranoid." Those are 2 songs that they're REQUIRED to do. It's like the Rolling Stone not doing "Satisfaction" or Led Zeppelin not doing "Stairway" - the band would not be able to leave the stage alive.

Futureal
10-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Considering Tony Martin has a cold, he does a pretty fine job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif