10-07-2005, 06:34 PM
http://www.sabbathlive.com/sabtours/87EI-hb/871228_London

wtf is with that quote?

David86
10-07-2005, 08:48 PM
O_o wtf

Prezuiwf
10-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Wow, yeah... it looks like someone at the printing shop just died and fell on the "K" key.

Icy Sun
10-08-2005, 04:32 AM
I'm pretty sure that's Kerrang's rating system. 5 K's = 5 stars.

Petoria000
10-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh I never heard of that. I dont read kerrang. I hear bad things about it.

Echoes
10-08-2005, 09:35 AM
The only thing that comes to mind when I see the word Kerrang is the Dave Donato interview. That's it.

Ray Rules
10-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Well... in Brazil, in the internet, some people substitute, when they laugh, the word "lol" by "kkkkkkk"

Petoria000
10-08-2005, 09:53 PM
The Eternal Idol is no laughing matter

Neon Knight
10-09-2005, 06:09 AM
MAybe its meant like "Yes its finally out!"?

Prezuiwf
10-09-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Eternal Idol is no laughing matter

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nelson.gif

Icarus
10-09-2005, 08:15 PM
I actually don't have TEI. I don't know if I should though, if Headless Cross (which I dislike VERY, VERY much) is any inkling about Tony Martin. I have Cross Purposes and I like that, but then again, it doesn't have that lame 80's sound to it

Prezuiwf
10-09-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually don't have TEI. I don't know if I should though, if Headless Cross (which I dislike VERY, VERY much) is any inkling about Tony Martin. I have Cross Purposes and I like that, but then again, it doesn't have that lame 80's sound to it

[/ QUOTE ]

Headless Cross and Eternal Idol are polar opposites. Eternal Idol has a very stripped-down, riff-oriented sound.

Psycho Man
10-09-2005, 08:38 PM
also TEI has Ray's influence and HC is pure Martin

Icy Sun
10-10-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cross Purposes is my favorite Martin-Sabbath album, and Headless Cross is my least favorite Martin-Sabbath album (yes, I think Forbidden is better). I think Eternal Idol is pretty good. Not as good as Cross Purposes but definitely better than Headless Cross.

LaughingMan
10-10-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeeeezzz! This board never ceases to amaze me. The best album Sabbath did after Sabotage and you don't have it!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif

Although maybe if you don't like Headless Cross that much you shouldn't bother. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LaughingMan
10-10-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that's Kerrang's rating system. 5 K's = 5 stars.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah it was just Kerrang's review of the Eternal Idol album. Surprisingly good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LaughingMan
10-10-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cross Purposes is my favorite Martin-Sabbath album, and Headless Cross is my least favorite Martin-Sabbath album (yes, I think Forbidden is better). I think Eternal Idol is pretty good. Not as good as Cross Purposes but definitely better than Headless Cross.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be pretty boring if we all agreed. Even though I'm a massive Geezer fan I have to say Eternal Idol is way better than CP.

Icarus
10-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Huh, still leaves me debating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Neon Knight
10-11-2005, 06:46 AM
I can people understand if they dont like HC that much. In my opinion it has a bit flat sound. I always think that its to clean to be an Sabbath album especially the titlesong. But still I absolutely love this album.

Prezuiwf
10-11-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can people understand if they dont like HC that much. In my opinion it has a bit flat sound. I always think that its to clean to be an Sabbath album especially the titlesong. But still I absolutely love this album.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy birthday! And I totally agree, while I love Headless Cross it is easy to see why some people would dislike it.

Neon Knight
10-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deathmask
10-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Eternal Idol really grew on me, especially tracks like "Ancient Warrior" and "Lost Forever". It's not really the early Sabbath sound that many people like, but you can't expect a band to be satisfied with one sound for 30 years. It definetly sounds like an 80's record to me, with the way the album was produced (and let's not forget Geoff Nicholl's keyboards). And even though I love Geezer, I also like Bob Daisley, so it was a good choice for a replacement (in my eyes!).