PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this Tony Martin 'Contradiction'

Nightwing
11-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Anybody else observe how Tony Martin says one of his many issues for "not liking" Forbidden was the fact of the "rap aspect" in the title track (not his exact words, but it is mentioned in several interviews including some recent ones posted here), yet...

seems to not only plug, but "brag" about the fact of the Japanese "rap metal" bonus track he and his son did on his latest solo release?

I just find this typical of 98% of all of the other bands and band members who say one thing one time, then say something completely different the next month or year. And yes, I realize in life we all do this to some extent.

Any opinions...

Joe Siegler
11-09-2005, 11:23 AM
How that fits in Black Sabbath is going to be different than how it fits in a solo project.

Adam
11-09-2005, 12:45 PM
You've got some kind of the "rap aspect" in the track called Satan Rising (Giuntini, Project II).

Prezuiwf
11-09-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've got some kind of the "rap aspect" in the track called Satan Rising (Giuntini, Project II).

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of which, who actually "raps" in that song? It's certainly not Tony, and it doesn't sound like Charles Bowyer either...

My guess is that the rap-metal thing is probably something Tony's son likes and Tony agreed to do the rap-metal track and support it. It wouldn't surprise me.

It could also be that this song will simply be better than "Illusion of Power." I am not a big rap-metal fan but I think Rage Against The Machine is one of the greatest metal bands of all time so it's not like there is NO good rap-metal out there.

sabbath.666
11-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Prezuiwf you stole the words right out of my mouth

Adam
11-09-2005, 05:51 PM
It's Tony who's rapping. I got a confiramtion from Aldo Giuntini.