PDA

View Full Version : Assume contracts were signed and Ozzy DID rejoin in 93.

Nightwing
11-18-2005, 02:12 PM
According to Joe's timeline, Cross Purposes was already written and waiting, or if not waiting, parts were already recorded (released in January 1994).

Would Cp have been scrapped? Would Ozzy have sung on it?

Would Bill have been back for drums?

Or would the album have come out as an Iommi solo album with Tony Martin singing?

Petoria000
11-18-2005, 02:22 PM
I believe Cross Purposes started out as an Iommi/Butler collaboration in its early stages.

Ray Rules
11-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey Petoria, just to know. What means your nick?

Petoria000
11-18-2005, 02:54 PM
"petoria" is a Family Guy reference and also a nickname for me because my real name is Pete

as for the 000, it has no significance

David86
11-18-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to Joe's timeline, Cross Purposes was already written and waiting, or if not waiting, parts were already recorded (released in January 1994).

Or would the album have come out as an Iommi solo album with Tony Martin singing?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would've turned out to be VERY interesting. CP with Ozzy. It would've been cool to hear what Ozzy came up with in songs like Immaculate Deception

Prezuiwf
11-18-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would've turned out to be VERY interesting. CP with Ozzy. It would've been cool to hear what Ozzy came up with in songs like Immaculate Deception

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozzy would never have sung on the tracks Iommi and Martin wrote. Remember what happened with Never Say Die and how they had to rewrite all of Dave Walker's tracks?

David86
11-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah, obviously with Geezer's lyrics and his melodies.

Mob_Rules
11-18-2005, 05:10 PM
They probably would've started over from scratch with some bits and pieces of things from CP becoming parts of other songs. Remember, the writing process for CP started during the "Dehumanizer" sessions when they were allegedly having trouble with Ronnie. They were also doing "Cross of Thorns" as an instrumental piece during the "Dehumanizer" tour in Iommi's guitar solo. Tony also had the riff from "Get a Grip" at this time too.

Joe Siegler
11-19-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as far as I know, they had started production on the album while waiting around for Ozzy. As time wore on, they did more and more work on it, while probably still holding out hope that Oz would come back. He didn't, so they finished the album as it was with Tony Martin. As to what exact time Tony came into the project, I don't know at the moment. I'll ask him when he gest done with his tour. Although to be honest, I get the feeling he's tired of answering questions that relate to his getting jerked around in Sabbath. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think if Oz had come back, they probably would have used lyrics and music from the album, but it wouldn't have come out near the same, no.

Nightwing
11-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Would Bobby have still been there or would Bill have come back sooner?

Joe Siegler
11-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Bill only returned becuse Bobby Left. But if you're talking about beforehand.. I would say Bill wouldn't have stayed before CP, because if his "if it ain't Oz, I ain't in it" stance which he started after 1985.

Nightwing
11-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Why did Bobby leave? Contract problems?

Joe Siegler
11-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Don't know.

VikingChrist
11-30-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did Bobby leave? Contract problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

His manager started asking Sabbath for a lot more money, so they fired him. Later, Bobby fired the manager. Its in an interview on this website.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/interviews/rondinelli0205.html

Rover
11-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Managers of the bands and artists are scum of the earth, aren't they? >:(

M Williams
11-30-2005, 10:34 AM
If Ozzy had rejoined in 1993, then I still don't think we would have got much in the way of studio output over the last 12 years. Perhaps we would have had a couple of albums by now, but I don't envisage that we would have had regular output from them like we did in the early 70's.

I am actually glad that Ozzy didn't rejoin in 1993, as it would have meant that we wouldn't get Forbidden, which is probably my favourite Sabbath album.

Nightwing
11-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Bobby should have stayed anyways, if he really enjoyed the band, not to mention being part of a band with the name BLACK SABBATH.

Was the paycut that bad where Bobby couldn't have just said "well my apologies for my Manager, I would like to stay in the band.."

Psycho Man
11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
thinkg of Ozzmosis and Down to earth. Not much since 93 Ozzy wise. However you also have Plastic Planet, Black Science, Ohmwork, When The Bough Breaks, Iommi, DEP Sessions, and Fused. I would guess three maybe four albums would have out in Ozzy did rejoin in 93

VikingChrist
11-30-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bobby should have stayed anyways, if he really enjoyed the band, not to mention being part of a band with the name BLACK SABBATH.

Was the paycut that bad where Bobby couldn't have just said "well my apologies for my Manager, I would like to stay in the band.."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there was a paycut. The way I read it, it was more like his manager was saying "We've come this far, now give us more".

BlackStone
12-07-2005, 07:29 PM
So if Bobby Rondinelli (or his manager) was asking too much money, I guess Cozy Powell and Bill Ward were cheaper! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Or maybe Bobby just got fed up with Tony's and Geezer's midday nap time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (Lemmy Kilmister's autobiography says that Sabbath had a few hours of "beauty sleep" backstage every day, which Bobby Rondinelli didn't like that much.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif