PDA

View Full Version : Headless Cross is now my favourite Sabbath album!

M Williams
12-10-2005, 11:16 AM
As some of you may know, I have stated that Forbiddden is my favourite Sabbath album for quite a long time now, along with Master Of Reality.

Headless Cross has always been up in the top bracket of Sabbath albums for me, not far behind Forbidden, Master Of Reality and perhaps a couple of others.

However, I think I have finally come to the conclusion after all these years that Headless Cross is in fact my favourite Sabbath album. OK, some of you may not like the dated sound of it, but I think that song for song, it's probably stronger than any other Sabbath album. It contains some of Sabbath's finest songs (Headless Cross and When Death Calls for example), and I can't say that there is a song on it that I even remotely dislike.

bruce190
12-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Headless Cross is a GREAT album! It's not my favorite, but it is one of the best Sabbath albums around.

Petoria000
12-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Ive been really into Headless Cross lately. It wasnt really one of my favorites when I first got it a few months ago but lately I've been playing it a lot. I'm playing it right now!

El Lobo
12-10-2005, 12:58 PM
HC is definitly my favorite Sabbath album. Love every note on it. And yes, I even like the lyrics too...

aijommi
12-10-2005, 02:25 PM
HC is great, but I prefer Tyr by far.

JosephC
12-10-2005, 02:31 PM
For a long time Headless Cross was my favorite Sabbath with Martin CD. But currently I think I like The Eternal Idol better. Both those CDs are great. Headless Cross is a very under-rated album IMO.

aijommi
12-10-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For a long time Headless Cross was my favorite Sabbath with Martin CD. But currently I think I like The Eternal Idol better. Both those CDs are great. Headless Cross is a very under-rated album IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was over-rated! When I bought it, i was highly dissapointed, luckily it grew on me.

ledsabbath
12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
I love headless cross, but cross purposes is even better for me.

gunman42782
12-11-2005, 06:48 AM
I like Cross Purposes much much better than Headless Cross. As a matter of fact, I like every other Tony Martin album better than Headless Cross. I can't really say why, but I just do not like it as well as the other albums.

commando
12-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Cross Purposes is my favorite of the Tony Martin era. I Witness smokes.

Ashley Dalby
12-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Headless Cross is my favourite Tony Martin Era album but I dont know if I would say it is my ALL-TIME favourite. However it would be in the top three. All but one track are rated as some of my ALL-TIME favourites from Sabbath, whichever era, #1 obviously being "Cloak And Dagger"