PDA

View Full Version : Petition. T. Martin sholud be brought back to Sabs!

Adam
12-15-2005, 11:47 AM
We should write such a petition and send it to Iommi and Martin! Sabs must move on. We cannot wait any longer... Tony Martin saved the band in the past, I think we need it now. What are your opinions?

DarthKur
12-15-2005, 02:05 PM
I would love for that to happen but I highly doubt it ever will. Tony Martin got the shaft one too many times.

Walpurgis
12-15-2005, 02:21 PM
After all the reunion stuff I don't see it happening but they do need a recording band to be put together.

Petoria000
12-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Tony wont ever rejoin sabbath.

Adam
12-15-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tony wont ever rejoin sabbath.

[/ QUOTE ]
He declares so but you can never tell.

Ray Rules
12-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Baby, he swallow his pride once.. I doubt that he'll do that again.

Joe Siegler
12-15-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We should write such a petition and send it to Iommi and Martin! Sabs must move on. We cannot wait any longer... Tony Martin saved the band in the past, I think we need it now. What are your opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folks around here know how I feel about petitions. They never ever do anything.

But that issue aside..

This will NOT happen. That boat has sailed. Tony Martin will not return to Sabbath. Don't even hold out hope thinking "he might change his mind". He won't. It's over.

Joe Siegler
12-15-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's done it more than once. He was fired after the Tyr tour for Ronnie. He was brought back during the Dehumanizer sessions to re-record Dio's vocals, and then he was let go again when Ronnie returned.

He was also dumped in favor of Ozzy sometime in late 1996, early 1997. He's stated he's not coming back.

BELIEVE IT.

Adam
12-15-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's done it more than once. He was fired after the Tyr tour for Ronnie. He was brought back during the Dehumanizer sessions to re-record Dio's vocals, and then he was let go again when Ronnie returned.

He was also dumped in favor of Ozzy sometime in late 1996, early 1997. He's stated he's not coming back.

BELIEVE IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still a question of belief not knowledge. If they create good conditions (with written agreement!) for him... you can never tell. It could be similar to Dio's situation who ran his solo while doing Dehumanizer. Tony could do both: the solo stuff under his name and Sabs albums the other time. That would be something. I think showbusiness is like a roller coaster. The petition would not work itself, I consider it to be a statement, a signal. We are not clairvoyants, are you?

Ray Rules
12-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Tony Martin will never back to Sabbath. It's a fact. Believe in Joe..

Adam
12-15-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't have said that I guess.

Joe Siegler
12-15-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BELIEVE IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still a question of belief not knowledge. If they create good conditions (with written agreement!) for him... you can never tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, I rarely like to pull rank, and do this, but.. I've had many contacts with Mr. Martin. I'm naive to think I know everything he will do, but we've had enough discussions about Sabbath to know what he feels on the matter.

It won't happen. Give it up.

Don't mistake me though, I actually prefer Martin's era to Ozzy's. I'm probably a bigger fan of his material than you are. But I'm also realistic, based on what I know (and can't say).

Ray Rules
12-15-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.. I know.. But I post it in diferent times, and I read Joe's argues and I think about it, you know. I imagine If was I in Tony's place at those times, and I realize that if it happens with me, I would never back to Sabbath..

Adam
12-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Well you did it quite unfairly. And your statement: "I'm probably a bigger fan of his material than you are". How can you judge? What is your premise? It wasn't nice to read. I am/was just guessing... I've had contacts (and still having) with Tony (personal meeting too). There was no sign that a very serious problem exists, only declarations... But of course if there is... To be speculative and enigmatic… I know one fact that happened. If there was no fair attitude towards the situation there’s no chance for reunion. Got no desire to continue this thread any longer… Peace.

Adam
12-15-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.. I know.. But I post it in diferent times, and I read Joe's argues and I think about it, you know. I imagine If was I in Tony's place at those times, and I realize that if it happens with me, I would never back to Sabbath..

[/ QUOTE ]

You can never know what are other people's feelings... Unfortunately...

Joe Siegler
12-15-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well you did it quite unfairly. And your statement: "I'm probably a bigger fan of his material than you are". How can you judge? What is your premise? It wasn't nice to read. I am/was just guessing... I've had contacts (and still having) with Tony (personal meeting too). There was no sign that a very serious problem exists, only declarations... But of course if there is... To be speculative and enigmatic… I know one fact that happened. If there was no fair attitude towards the situation there’s no chance for reunion. Got no desire to continue this thread any longer… Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that there's no point in getting your hopes up. Your posts seem to indicate a blind faith, hoping it might happen. I'm just trying to be realistic, and gave some examples as to why I believe what I believe, and why you should too.

That is all. There already is no chance for reunion. He's been "fired" three times already. It won't happen again. I don't know how much more clear I can be.

Ray Rules
12-15-2005, 09:07 PM
draw it for him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just kidding.. don't shot me!

Prezuiwf
12-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Joe said it all, there is really no chance of Tony Martin rejoining Sabbath. And even if there was, a petition wouldn't help at all.

He said he'd like to work with Iommi again, the best we can hope for is a collaboration outside of Sabbath.

Adam
12-16-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
draw it for him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just kidding.. don't shot me!

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're using Arthur Schopenhauer's The Ultimate Stratagem. Please rememeber it's the weakest one. If you don't comprehend what I am talking about it I can draw it for you...

Adam
12-16-2005, 06:09 AM
My point is that there's no point in getting your hopes up. Your posts seem to indicate a blind faith, hoping it might happen. I'm just trying to be realistic, and gave some examples as to why I believe what I believe, and why you should too.

That is all. There already is no chance for reunion. He's been "fired" three times already. It won't happen again. I don't know how much more clear I can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said what you said and it’s clear to me: there already is no chance for reunion. Don’t have to keep on saying that. I am not warming up about the whole situation. We cannot make them do it but we can talk about. I am dropping it. But please answer to the following questions:
1) Your words: "I'm probably a bigger fan of his material than you are".
a) How can you judge? What is your premise?
b) Why are you saying that?
2) Your words: "Your posts seem to indicate a blind faith, hoping it might happen”.
a) Which one? I was just speculating, you were the one who kept saying: “BELIEVE IT”. Well you were authoritative, not me.
When you discuss a problem it’s better to consider the problem than my feelings, hopes, etc. If you don’t do that “it is an appeal from the virtues of the intellect to the virtues of the body, or to mere animalism”. That has no bearing on the point in our talk. Strike, but hear me.

Hirnu
12-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Petitions never help..
totally useless

Echoes
12-16-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Joe said it all, there is really no chance of Tony Martin rejoining Sabbath. And even if there was, a petition wouldn't help at all.
He said he'd like to work with Iommi again, the best we can hope for is a collaboration outside of Sabbath.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Martin/Iommi collaboration would be nice. But right now the most we can do is wish him the best of luck with Scream and hope his solo career can take off.

Los
12-17-2005, 12:27 PM
It would be great if Tony returned, but it only an unreal vision...

If I were Tony martin, I would never return to the band, from which I was brutally kicked off 2 or 3 times!!!

Tony martin was the best sabbath´s singer and I don´t understand what problem Tony iommi has had with his person..

Is it true, that Iommi said, that the era with matin wasa great mistake and the uncorrect way of black sabbath?

The Cannibal
12-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Yes it is true the members of Sabbath must move on, but they must move on all in their own direction. Sabbath is over, I hate to say it, but I believe it. Geezer doesn't sound interested in contributing lyrics, Ozzy can't contribute lyrics he can hardly sing at this point. All signs point to no creative or little creative juices amongst the group. What is interesting is they certainly seem to have creativity when working with others so let them each do that. We do not need a medicore sabbath album for the sake of having one, I think many here think that something is better than nothing. My thinking is poor quality mars the historical reputation of Black Sabbath and I don't want to see that.

Neon Knight
12-18-2005, 11:34 AM
When I should decide between new Iommi, TM and Bill Ward album and an new Sabbath album (doesnt matter what singer) I would definitely go with the first option.

Los
12-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Why??

You are propably a Sabbath fan, so you like the music of Sabbath more, or not?

Ilove the Tony Martin Era in Black Sabbath, I love his great voice, but his solo album i don´t like so much as his albums in Sabbath, cause there is different author of the music than in Sabbath was Iommi - I wouldn´t love Martin´s albums in Sabbath so much, if the music wasn´t written by Iommi - only on the basis of Iommi´s musical ideas could have been Tony Martin´s great voice shown in all it´s beauty...

From what I heard, only Ozzy´s solo albums were better then his albums with Sabbath, because they were more metal, but Martin´s solo album lost the hard and heavy power which it had in Sabbath

Nightmare
12-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Everyone has a price. Tony Iommi could get Tony Martin back for the right amount of money. I don't care what Tony Martin says, he's only saying that because Iommi does not want him back, but if Iommi did and he really wanted to get Martin back in the band he would just have to pay a little extra money.

Trust me, Martin would love to play in the big show again with bigger crowds not some small bar type places, good PA, Amps that work, being able to buy his albums in the store. If you ask me which one I would rather have, I would go back with Iommi.

Prezuiwf
12-19-2005, 03:44 PM
I dunno, it's hard to predict what someone will do when you ask them to choose pride or money.

VikingChrist
12-19-2005, 05:00 PM
The point is moot. Tony Iommi is not going to offer Tony Martin a ton of money to rejoin Sabbath.

Echoes
12-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Which brings me to a question: has Iommi ever said in recent interviews anything positive about his work with Martin? I know I've read things where he acknowledges things about working with Martin and such (ie: the video at Rhino's site). But he seems to avoid talking about this era altogether. I wish he could, since he should understand there are fans of that era.

Psycho Man
12-19-2005, 10:20 PM
I haven't read/heard any interviews about Tony talking about any Sabbath other than Ozzy, maybe with Glenn but mostly he talks about Fused

Mob_Rules
12-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Last summer there was an interview in Guitar World where Tony was asked about the post Ozzy era. He said something to the effect of "it's a shame that the Dio albums have been buried by all of the Ozzy stuff. Same thing with Tony Martin on Eternal Idol and Headless Cross. It was different than the Ozzy era but I enjoyed that period as well"

I also saw an interview on Blabbermouth where Iommi said that the problem with the Ozzy reunion was that it squashed everything Sabbath did after he left.

Echoes
12-21-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Last summer there was an interview in Guitar World where Tony was asked about the post Ozzy era. He said something to the effect of "it's a shame that the Dio albums have been buried by all of the Ozzy stuff. Same thing with Tony Martin on Eternal Idol and Headless Cross. It was different than the Ozzy era but I enjoyed that period as well"
I also saw an interview on Blabbermouth where Iommi said that the problem with the Ozzy reunion was that it squashed everything Sabbath did after he left.

[/ QUOTE ]

That answered my question perfectly. The blabbermouth comment was something I've been aware about since last year. But it's the Guitar World article that caught my eye. I was looking for specific references by Tony to the Martin albums, and I'm glad to see he enjoyed the Eternal Idol/Headless Cross period....that, along with TYR, were great years for Sabbath. And it is a damn shame that few people know about it.

For my part, I've been playing a few post-Ozzy songs for friends who were unaware that such a period existed. So far, the reactions have been great. A few even like them better than the Ozzy stuff! If all goes well, we may have a few new fans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tha Beast
12-21-2005, 05:38 PM
yeah. I always fantasized about Tony playing a one off show for the fans that encapsulated the entire history of the band. Problem is...everyone's lawyers and management agreeing.

basically they have three sets.

1st set is the original band playing the same basic set the have been playing with the order rearranged. I'd like to see them open up with Paranoid and end with either Black Sabbath or War Pigs.

2nd set is Martin with Murray and Rondinelli or Appice

3rd set closer with Dio, Butler and Ward. End the set with H&H open it with either Time Machine or Neon Knights.

All keyboards and backing vocals by Geoff.

Film the entire thing for DVD with interviews and extra's.

End the Sabbath legacy with that event so everyone can get on with their solo works, which are becoming more interesting with each release.

renbergs
12-22-2005, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
End the Sabbath legacy with that event so everyone can get on with their solo works, which are becoming more interesting with each release.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen!

Donna
01-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Did anyone stop to think that TM is currently working really hard with his band, The tony martin band? Its a bit selfish to want him to re join a band hes not interested in a anymore, and has stopped doing anything for him...