PDA

View Full Version : Martin era CDs no longer sold at Amazon?

Franklin
04-30-2006, 09:43 PM
I just noticed that the Martin era CDs appear to no longer be available directly from Amazon.com. Instead, links lead to affiliated sellers, mostly peddling used copies.

I realize this is just one source but I sure hope this is not the first step in these albums going out of print.

Petoria000
04-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Hmm thats strange. It seems to only be the IRS albums though.

I really hope they're not going out of print again.

VikingChrist
05-01-2006, 08:56 AM
I raised this question on this site about a year ago. At that time, on-line sites like Amazon were selling those CDs (the Martin-era IRS releases), brand new, for about $7, which is usually a sign that a label is clearing out its stock of CDs, which is the first step towards an album going out of print.

smashalley
05-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Ebay has "Tyr", "Headless Cross", "Forbidden" and "Cross Purposes" all listed at 1 cent each, with just $2.99 for shipping. That was as of last week. Some outlet/factory type store lists them in the Ebay store/Buy It Now section. As far as I know they are all sealed, since I bought a couple of these on Ebay just 2 weeks ago. Only bad part is their checkout system and feedback system is a bit time consuming, but you can get them for 3 bucks each total, including shipping.

UnderTheSun
05-09-2006, 01:51 PM
The only Martin albums that I've found in Sweden (both on the net and in stores) are Headless Cross and TYR, released with some "classical rock" magazine. And it contains no lyrics.

I've heard those CD:s are international. Anyone else seen those?

LustForLife
05-09-2006, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only Martin albums that I've found in Sweden (both on the net and in stores) are Headless Cross and TYR, released with some "classical rock" magazine. And it contains no lyrics.

[/ QUOTE ]
check Cdon.com for Eternal Idol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Psycho Man
05-09-2006, 02:58 PM
ITunes also has EI

UnderTheSun
05-09-2006, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ledsabbath
05-11-2006, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raised this question on this site about a year ago. At that time, on-line sites like Amazon were selling those CDs (the Martin-era IRS releases), brand new, for about $7, which is usually a sign that a label is clearing out its stock of CDs, which is the first step towards an album going out of print.

[/ QUOTE ]

In stores also. I got my headless cross and cross purposes for...6.99 each at circuit city brand new

VikingChrist
05-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Eternal Idol was released by Warner Bros so its still available. The stuff released by IRS ("Headless Cross", "Tyre", "Cross Purposes", and "Forbidden") are the ones that seem to be disappearing.

Icarus
05-12-2006, 09:48 PM
I found Headless Cross at Wal-Mart for 6 bucks about a year or two ago

Raven Rider
05-16-2006, 01:25 AM
The only Sabbath studio album sol at www.cdon.com (http://www.cdon.com) is The Eternal Idol.

putte87
05-17-2006, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
And www.swedenrockshop.com (http://www.swedenrockshop.com) for Cross Purposes and Forbidden