PDA

View Full Version : Buenos Aires 94

Psycho Man
06-07-2006, 01:25 PM
I was listening to this gig, anybody know whos doing backups on Neon Knights and Headless Cross?

El Lobo
06-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Should be Geoff. He has a great voice. That tour was Martin's lowest point with the throat infection and all, so Nichols was backing up a lot there.

Psycho Man
06-07-2006, 01:37 PM
yeah, its a shame Tony didn't sound better will Bill on drums

Ray Rules
06-07-2006, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should be Geoff. He has a great voice. That tour was Martin's lowest point with the throat infection and all, so Nichols was backing up a lot there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, Tony rules... I mean, I dont dare to talk when my troat is sick and infected... and the man could sang?? C'mon, he deserv A LOT of credit for that!

Psycho Man
06-07-2006, 08:23 PM
yeah unlike Ozzy in Camden, Tony tried his fuckin balls off (no pun intended)

Psycho Man
06-07-2006, 11:31 PM
are there any songs out there with Geoff singing lead ?

Rover
06-08-2006, 12:06 AM
I have this boot thanks to Psychophobia and it's interesting. I would have loved to see this lineup (Iommi / Nicholls / Martin / Butler / Ward... or even Iommi / Nicholls / Martin / Murray / Ward /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) to stick a bit longer and record something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gardener
06-08-2006, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only ones I'm aware of were recorded during the last two shows with Glenn Hughes in 1986. The clearer recording was the end of the Providence 03/25/86 show. Glenn's mic is almost completely cut and Geoff sings "Heaven And Hell" and "Paranoid". It's a shame they never wanted to try Geoff as a singer at the time because he's pretty good. This is why I would love to see him release a solo album. I mean, the man has played rythm guitar in Quartz and co-wrote most of their best songs, played amazing keyboards, bass, guitar in Black Sabbath, did backing vocals and co-wrote some of their greatest material in the 80s / 90s, plus he's a very good singer, a solo album would be gold !!

Ray Rules
06-08-2006, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only ones I'm aware of were recorded during the last two shows with Glenn Hughes in 1986. The clearer recording was the end of the Providence 03/25/86 show. Glenn's mic is almost completely cut and Geoff sings "Heaven And Hell" and "Paranoid". It's a shame they never wanted to try Geoff as a singer at the time because he's pretty good. This is why I would love to see him release a solo album. I mean, the man has played rythm guitar in Quartz and co-wrote most of their best songs, played amazing keyboards, bass, guitar in Black Sabbath, did backing vocals and co-wrote some of their greatest material in the 80s / 90s, plus he's a very good singer, a solo album would be gold !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen dude, really, amen!

Razzle
06-08-2006, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this boot and Glenns voice is terrible, Geoff was a loyal Sabbath servant and deserves more credit, he should have got a Sabbath pension, or at least a Gold Watch, I mean Cross.

M Williams
06-08-2006, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He also wrote/co-wrote songs for other people, including 'Facing Hell' by Ozzy and 'Scary Dreams' by Sabbath to name a few.

paranoid
06-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Psycho Man, do you have the MTV broadcast? I'm not sure which date but mine is crazy.

I have a Buenos Aires bootleg and it's so ... weird. Geoff's vocals are litterally way up in the mix and during Time Machine, his keyboards override Iommi's guitars. When he does backups in Headless Cross like during the chorus, MTV down there is crazy. One great video though but MTV edited to hell in terms of setlist and time.

Psycho Man
06-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I dunno whatever is on the FTP

Guillesab
06-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Man I was at that show. It was the very first time I ever heard a song from Black Sabbath (I went with a kiss fan friend of mine)
Tonys voice was all fucked up, but I still felt in love (excuse for my english, Im trying to say "fall in love" in past) with the band, it was love at first sound!!!
I think he sang "children of the sea" quite decently. I didnt noticed at the time that geoffs voice stuff, I just realized when I heard the boot.
Its on the ftp, in the martin folder.

paranoid
06-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh I see, the audio is from Buenos Aires. That's a great show.

I was talking about the Sao Paulo video.

Ray Rules
06-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Oh... The So Paulo ( or.. translation, St. Paul ) video is captured from a "live" transmition by an old Tv Station, called "TV Manchete". They cut off some musics to insert comercials and shit, and fit in a free spot in their agenda... sad, sad decision.

8bit Fighter
06-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Just got done downloading that yesterday, 94 show. While I can say that I kinda feel little ripped off cause it sounds like CPL, I would think if Tony had little rest he could of done better, not to say it was his finest moment, I mean, like Psycho said, he did it with some balls on stage, and you got to give Tony a little credit.

1989 Headless In Vienna on the other hand (Drool). Very very very great performance, hands down. That's another one with Geoff too. Neon Knight's intro was totally bitchin, and I love how Murray changed the Bass line up a bit, I can't stop laughing. I wish I could get a 95 set with Cozy on it as a last stand bootleg.

Ray Rules
06-18-2006, 07:26 PM
When I told my GF about Tony's troat problem, he coudn't believe, you know. I was playing the CPL cd for her, and she was like "Oh man, how could Tony sing this way with a troat infection??".. And dude, that made the whole diference between his professional atitude, and Dio's childish behavior.

David86
06-18-2006, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I told my GF about Tony's troat problem, he coudn't believe, you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

He!? WTF O_O

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ray Rules
06-18-2006, 07:42 PM
-_________________________________-

SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEE

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif

El Lobo
06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Well, the guy *never* missed a gig in his time with Sabbath. That says a lot.

Ray Rules
06-18-2006, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, the guy *never* missed a gig in his time with Sabbath. That says a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is that 95% of Sabbath fans are deaf..

8bit Fighter
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, like one guy who doesn't know Tyr.