PDA

View Full Version : Tony Martin era remasters??

Bergie
06-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Of course Eternal Idol has been remastered, but is there any chance of the other TM era albums being remastered any time soon?

Nightwing
06-29-2006, 10:46 AM
If this happens it will probably take years. We are still getting the same old Sabbath greatest hits being released under different packages and monickers every year or so.

They do have the classic rock remasters for Headless Cross and Tyr, but I don't think Tyr even needs to be remastered, it sounds perfect on the version I have.

UnderTheSun
06-29-2006, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If this happens it will probably take years. We are still getting the same old Sabbath greatest hits being released under different packages and monickers every year or so.

They do have the classic rock remasters for Headless Cross and Tyr, but I don't think Tyr even needs to be remastered, it sounds perfect on the version I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got both the HC and TYR remasters, that's the only versions of them I can find... The sound is ok, but the artworks is ruind by a classic Rock logo and some commercial about "Classic Rock newspaper" or something like that. It also contian no lyrics.

Franklin
06-29-2006, 11:42 AM
I think the Tony Martin era albums are out of print. Unless you find used copies, you will be lucky to find these albums, remastered or otherwise. BTW, as I recall, the versions that just went out of print were remastered. The sound quality is pretty good.

Bergie
06-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry folks I just assumed that they weren't remastered as they are out of print?

Why weren't they remastered with the other Sabbath albums? Are they on a different label?

Psycho Man
06-30-2006, 12:56 PM
The Martin era was origionally on IRS

Kgb
07-01-2006, 10:18 PM
We get the classic rock stuff,thats the only stuff you get,the only problem with Classic remaster is their CD Cover,thats very bad.
While the audio quality is kinda bearable.

rar
07-01-2006, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry folks I just assumed that they weren't remastered as they are out of print?

Why weren't they remastered with the other Sabbath albums? Are they on a different label?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the appropriate question is "Why are they out of print?" I mean, I still prefer the earlier eras, but why? Does Sabbath have no respect for ALL their work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif