PDA

View Full Version : Why do we hear ICE T on Forbidden?

UnderTheSun
08-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Anyone have any idea of why he was rapping on Forbidden? It's not that I dislike it, I think it fits nice.
But it still seems strange to put him in there.

I read somewhere that "the rap thing ruined the feeling" citat Martin. I mean, can Ernie C really force the band to include a rapper? Don't think so, not after 17 albums.

Is Iommi the one to blame (or praise as in my case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)?

And btw, this is problaby the best of all the Sabbath's album IMO. It should be Forbidden to hate Forbidden! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Psycho Man
08-10-2006, 11:50 AM
I love Forbiddeen also. Ice used the intro to the song Black Sabbath on one of his songs

UnderTheSun
08-10-2006, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love Forbiddeen also. Ice used the intro to the song Black Sabbath on one of his songs

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think I heard that somewhere. But I don't rembemer really. Did he just use those three notes and rap to them?

Adam
08-10-2006, 12:32 PM
It’s an excerpt from 1995 interview with Tony Martin and Cozy Powell which was carried by Daniela. The whole text is here: http://user.tninet.se/~cxq849j/Intrw.html

I think you can find some answers in it.

--------------------------
D indicates Daniela, the webmaster
C indicates Cozy
T indicates Tony
--------------------------

“D: What can you tell me about Ice-T appearing on the album?
T: We had a phone call basically. He wanted to work with us. Tony went to meet him, they got on well and from Ice-T, Earnie C was recommended to us as a producer for some of the tracks on the album, so it all started to develop, step by step. And in the end, Earnie ended up producing the whole album, which is quite good. His input really was a "feel"-thing, all the songs were already written by the time he got there.
Well, you see, we didn't know what he was gonna sing... In fact, he didn't know what we were gonna write, and we didn't know what he was gonna rap ! So it was kind of rap by post if you like. We did the songs in the UK, sent one of them over to him, he rapped on it and sent it back. It turned out quite good.
C: I mean, if it had been a typical rap-thing with us it would have been ridicilous, but what he's done on the track he's done is actually really good.
D. It is different..!
T: It is different, but that's the point, it was supposed to be.
C: It was meant to be a guest appearance on one track, nothing more.
D: That was the first song I heard when I put the CD on, and I went: "WHAT is THIS?"
T: ...that stands before me!?
C: It's just a little bit different...
T: We had to ask a lot of questions... It's not something that sort of came up, like, "oh yeah, let's do that", we all looked at eachother and went: "Are you sure ??" Do we really wanna do this? But it turned out good.
C: I think Ice and Earnie were a lot influenced by Sabbath anyway, so...That was where the connection originally came from, not that we absolutely wanted some rappers on a Sabbath-album..!
D: So, who knows who will appear on the next Sabbath-album!
C: Goodness only knows...! We'll probably have Madonna on the next!
T: (laughs) NOT!!”.

rar
08-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Personally I hate it. I don't think the heavy metal pioneers should have included something like rap, which would later sink heavy metal into the deeper realms of musical enjoyment by the public.

UnderTheSun
08-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Thanks Adam! Answers my question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adam
08-10-2006, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Adam! Answers my question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome!

Psycho Man
08-10-2006, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think I heard that somewhere. But I don't rembemer really. Did he just use those three notes and rap to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

no he used the storm too. I posted it a while ago let me see if I can find it

Petoria000
08-10-2006, 04:25 PM
I dont really think its as unbearable as some people make it out to be. Its not even a "rap". Its just a spoken word piece in the middle of the song-- I dont even think it lasts 30 seconds.

Ady
08-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Also, when he sampled "Black Sabbath" that was spoken word too. And it wasn't him speaking, it was Jello Biafra. It was just an intro to his "The Iceberg/Freedom Of Speech... Just Watch What You Say" album.

gunman42782
08-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Well, I actually like a lot of the songs on Forbidden, just not that one. I think the whole song sucks, and I despise the fact that they let any rap singer on a Black Sabbath album. I have said many times that there are only two kinds of music that I absolutely hate, and that is rap and opera.

Ray Rules
08-10-2006, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C: I think Ice and Earnie were a lot influenced by Sabbath anyway, so...That was where the connection originally came from, not that we absolutely wanted some rappers on a Sabbath-album..!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... At this point, I would love a new Sabbath album, even with Madonna as guest singer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif

Raven Rider
08-11-2006, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... At this point, I would love a new Sabbath album, even with Madonna as guest singer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me to.

[ QUOTE ]
D: That was the first song I heard when I put the CD on, and I went: "WHAT is THIS?"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that Tony Martin have some humor, Cozy to.
I laughed a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Anyway, a rapper in Sabbath, from the first time I knew what kind of music Sabbath is, I would never, ever imagine a rapper in Sabbath /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

UnderTheSun
08-11-2006, 07:39 AM
What is the problem with it? I mean aslong as it sounds good.

gunman42782
08-11-2006, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, that is the problem with it, it does not sound good! I think it is the single worst Sabbath song ever.

Psycho Man
08-11-2006, 10:36 AM
IMO it fits the song really well

UnderTheSun
08-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Powerful...who are you fooling?
You're caught in a complex cataclysm of your own inadequacies
And pitiful weaknesses
Your souls secretes insecurity
So you live on the reflection side of the mirror
You're terrified of true power...you fear me...

I think the text is very nice. And so is the rapping. The backing riff from Iommi is also very good!

El Lobo
08-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I never understood why are people whining about those 15 seconds for something that *is not even f***** rap. You wanna know what rap is? Listen to some Grand Master Flash or something. That guy is just talking, no more.

Adam
08-11-2006, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never understood why are people whining about those 15 seconds for something that *is not even f***** rap. You wanna know what rap is? Listen to some Grand Master Flash or something. That guy is just talking, no more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

rar
08-11-2006, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me to.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that Tony Martin have some humor, Cozy to.
I laughed a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Anyway, a rapper in Sabbath, from the first time I knew what kind of music Sabbath is, I would never, ever imagine a rapper in Sabbath /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed. that's why i disagree with it so. i don't like it being in a sabbath song. and it is just as rappy as rap, don't try to get it differentiated. it is just a guy talking in the song. ridiculous.

Psycho Man
08-11-2006, 09:34 PM
why is it ridiculous? in KISS's Crazy Nights the song starts off with Paul talking the line "this is a song for everybody out there". I'm sure there are dozens more, I just can't think of any more.

Headless Tyr
08-12-2006, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

Hell_Awaits
08-12-2006, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I actually like a lot of the songs on Forbidden, just not that one. I think the whole song sucks, and I despise the fact that they let any rap singer on a Black Sabbath album. I have said many times that there are only two kinds of music that I absolutely hate, and that is rap and opera.

[/ QUOTE ]

ICE-T has a metal band called Body Count

UnderTheSun
08-13-2006, 11:19 AM
I really like it when musicans from different genres get together (if the result is like this). I think we need to open the barriers.
Only because you're a metalhead doesn't mean that you have to hate all rap songs.

Adam
08-13-2006, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really like it when musicans from different genres get together (if the result is like this). I think we need to open the barriers.
Only because you're a metalhead doesn't mean that you have to hate all rap songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus it wasn't that rap...

UnderTheSun
08-13-2006, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think it is then?

Headless Tyr
08-13-2006, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken word. There is a difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UnderTheSun
08-13-2006, 02:44 PM
In my opinion that is not spoken word. Spoken word is more like The Black Widow of Alice Cooper or something.

Prezuiwf
08-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Well any rapper will tell you that it's spoken word. I guarantee that if a non-rapper spoke that part, it would be a non-issue. But because a rapper did it, suddenly Sabbath committed sacrelidge.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the song. My favorite parts are the first 30 seconds and the last 30 seconds. As for the stuff in between, I'm not really a fan-- even the riff is uncharacteristically subpar. Luckily the album has enough working songs on it to help you forget about the few that don't work.

Ashley Dalby
08-13-2006, 05:48 PM
I personally dont see the problem with Ice T's presence on the song, but on the contrary it is my least favourite song on the album.

All this does is prove two points:

1) Sabbath will always be the band that can push Metal to uncharted territory, treading waters very few bands and critics would dare to swim.

2) The people who say they dislike it are the ones who are afraid of change or to take a chance.

Petoria000
08-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Reading this thread made me want to put on Forbidden!

*plays Forbidden CD*

UnderTheSun
08-16-2006, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Reading this thread made me want to put on Forbidden!

*plays Forbidden CD*

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Adam
08-17-2006, 09:30 AM
By the way, prroduction of the Forbidden album is really not that bad. I mean, when you've got a good system you can adjust it, and it sounds great: the drums, voice, bass, and Iommi. Hear everything, and it's not flat or blurry. It's raw.

rar
08-19-2006, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Rap is basically speaking to a beat. There's no huge difference...

by the way I heard somewhere that you can't spell crap without rap.

Petoria000
08-19-2006, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I hate rap, you're really showing your ignorance about it. In no way is rap just "speaking to a beat".

David86
08-19-2006, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hear everything, and it's not flat or blurry. It's raw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baaaaah, the demos have a better sound /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you can't spell crock without rock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nelson.gif

MRM45
08-20-2006, 03:36 AM
Here's the real problem...

Forbidden was an album that was recorded for the sole purpose of getting the record company off of Iommi's back.

To that end, the inspiration was non-existent, the material was sophomoric and the prodution was absolutely horrible.

The entire album, stupid lyrics and all, sounded like it was recorded in an alley with every instrument played loudly into a garbage can.

"The illusion of power" indeed...LOL

IMHO one of the worst albums of all time...

UnderTheSun
08-20-2006, 06:17 AM
The taste is like the ass (a Swedish expression). I can't do more than disagree with you MRM45 and David. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adam
08-20-2006, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The taste is like the ass (a Swedish expression). I can't do more than disagree with you MRM45 and David. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they have low quality hi-fis. I mean, when you've got a good system you can adjust it, and it sounds great: the drums, voice, bass, and Iommi. Hearing everything, and it's not flat or blurry either. It's raw.
They were undergoing tumultuous times back then... and perhaps it helped them paradoxically create a true album, consisted of true emotions. You can feel it... well maybe not everyone. It's like a shiny diamond in Sabbath catalogue in my opinion. As they say "artists are their own worst critics".

Ady
08-20-2006, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So... do you consider "No One Came" by Deep Purple to be a rap record then?

El Lobo
08-20-2006, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

To that end, the inspiration was non-existent, the material was sophomoric and the prodution was absolutely horrible.

The entire album, stupid lyrics and all, sounded like it was recorded in an alley with every instrument played loudly into a garbage can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, are you talking about Dehumanizer? Then I agree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Headless Tyr
08-20-2006, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Forbidden was an album that was recorded for the sole purpose of getting the record company off of Iommi's back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the record company bit, but I agree with you on your review of the album. Clearly the worst Tony Martin album with Sabbath.

Adam
08-20-2006, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the record company bit, but I agree with you on your review of the album. Clearly the worst Tony Martin album with Sabbath.

[/ QUOTE ]

But why? What are your arguments?

Headless Tyr
08-20-2006, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But why? What are your arguments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forbidden sounds very tired and uninspired to me.
Tony Martin's performance pales dramatically in comparison to what he did on Headless Cross, TYR and Cross Purposes.
The same goes for Cozy Powell, who sounds like a mere shadow of himself. Iommi's riffs sound second rate, as if he had to come up with them quickly. And the production... OMG... Ernie C should be ashamed of himself. Headless Cross and TYR, both produced by Iommi and Powell, sound so much better.

My 2 cents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Adam
08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Forbidden sounds very tired and uninspired to me.
Tony Martin's performance pales dramatically in comparison to what he did on Headless Cross, TYR and Cross Purposes.
The same goes for Cozy Powell, who sounds like a mere shadow of himself. Iommi's riffs sound second rate, as if he had to come up with them quickly. And the production... OMG... Ernie C should be ashamed of himself. Headless Cross and TYR, both produced by Iommi and Powell, sound so much better.

My 2 cents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They were undergoing tumultuous times back then... and perhaps it helped them paradoxically create a true album, consisted of true emotions. Forbidden is gloomy & slow but certainly not uninspired. Can't say that Tony Martin’s performance pales dramatically here. Listen to “Kiss of Death” (isn’t it the most inspired BS’s track? Definitely one of such), “Sick and Tired” (what a great Iommi’s solo and Powells intro!), “Forbidden”. The whole album is packed with those black sabbathish riffs & it’s bluesy actually, just a different format. Production, well I heard worse… When you've got a good system you can adjust it, and it sounds great: the drums, voice, bass, and Iommi. Hear everything, and it's not flat or blurry either. It's raw.

David86
08-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like a few songs here and there. It's not flat or blurry. You can hear *almost* everything, except for the keyboard, which you can actually hear on the demos! WTF!

Also, Tony Martin sounds so uninspired, you can tell that he wasn't really into it.

Adam
08-20-2006, 03:28 PM
I've never heard those demos. Therefore cannot conduct comparative analyses. Hard to debate over he sounds uninspired or inspired. You've got your impessions and I've got mine. Sometimes it's really hard to tell. Once he said, as I remember, he didn't like session singing on "Forcefield" album, and he sounds great there in my opinion.

racer
09-06-2006, 12:43 PM
The song Illusion of Power is my favorite on the album. The main riff reminds me of early Sabbath, and Ice-T's small cameo not only fits well, but it proves that you have to leave it to the master and Godfather of metal himself to show you how to incorporate rap and metal effectively.

Some of the disdain for the part expressed here for no other reason than the fact that it's rap sounds just like other people hating metal just because it's metal. Music's music, man ... and IMO the song Illusion of Power os a powerful, riff-laden song. I like all the riffs in that piece.

Dio
09-07-2006, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1) Sabbath will always be the band that can push Metal to uncharted territory, treading waters very few bands and critics would dare to swim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the same band? Sabbath has not pushed any boundaries since 1975..... I can't honestly see that they did anything new or innovative since Sabotage. The only uncharted territoty they visited was mediocrity.

Dio
09-07-2006, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He sampled the intro and riff to the song 'Black Sabbath' on the track 'Shup up... be happy' from the 'Iceberg' album. He didn't rap on that track. It had a spoken work piece written and performed by Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys.

Incidently, its a great song and album.

rar
09-07-2006, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the same band? Sabbath has not pushed any boundaries since 1975..... I can't honestly see that they did anything new or innovative since Sabotage. The only uncharted territoty they visited was mediocrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying the Dio era was mediocre? Or after that? However, about them not having pushed boundaries since 1975, I have to agree with you.

racer
09-07-2006, 03:51 PM
They created a friggin' genre ... after that, who cares about pushing boundaries? How much more can you expect from artists in one career. Geez ...

Psycho Man
09-07-2006, 11:14 PM
The boundaries can only pushed so far.

rar
09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah really

Dio
09-08-2006, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you saying the Dio era was mediocre? Or after that? However, about them not having pushed boundaries since 1975, I have to agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not! Love the Dio stuff and much that followed also. My point only was that i would not call any of it ground breaking.

Ashley Dalby
09-09-2006, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Certainly not! Love the Dio stuff and much that followed also. My point only was that i would not call any of it ground breaking.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say Heaven And Hell was groundbreaking for several reasons, but you shouldn't need me to explain them, listen to the record.

UnderTheSun
09-15-2006, 10:07 AM
I found another example of ICE in heavy metal. With Six Feet Under this time. The song is called One Bullet Left. Anyone heard it?

Here is the rapping (because this is really rapping no talk about it):

For some reason you motherfuckers think this is
Some kind of motherfuckin game
You ain't gonna realize until I got some fucking
Steel pointed at your faggot-ass face and blow your
Motherfuckin dome off your goddamn shoulders
You motherfuckin critic-ass bitch motherfuckers
Catch you comin out your motherfuckin house

Bleed!

I put the gat to your face and head and blast
Blow your fuckin face off
rock you with the sawed-off
blow guts all over your bitch
Leave your stankin in a six foot ditch
Run up in your house with a tek out
Duct tape your spouse with a gun in her mouth
Smack your dids up you think I give a fuck
I'll call the fuckin pigs on myself
Barricade the black with the ATF
I don't give a fuck bitch I pray for death
Grab your little girl by the neck
Bust her in the chest
And throw her on the lawn
Call CNN it's on, get this on TV
The last one's for me
Aim with the pipe down dead in my head
And squeeze
Leave the whole wall red

FriedPiper
09-15-2006, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He sampled the intro and riff to the song 'Black Sabbath' on the track 'Shup up... be happy' from the 'Iceberg' album. He didn't rap on that track. It had a spoken work piece written and performed by Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys.

Incidently, its a great song and album.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also used the main riff with the drum beat from zeps when the levee breaks on "Midnight". Don't know the album offhand though.

Ady
09-16-2006, 02:37 PM
He's sampled "War Pigs" as well, on the song "Rhyme Pays", I think.

Ashley Dalby
09-16-2006, 08:16 PM
With all these Heavy Metal samples, maybe one could make the arguement that ICE T likes and appreciates the genre, especially to try crossing it.

It seems some are just afraid of change and wish for things to stay bland and repititious even though the music business does not. Probably because it sounds famaliar and they dont choose to discet music, after all it is NOT a science to everyone.

I say, "If the (idea) did good for the band in terms of, financially, longevitity and credibility, than it was worth the shot"

A band who takes a chance on something out of their character and stretches beyond the common laws shouldn't be ignored, they still deserve atleast a listen. You never know if something might strike your fancy, no reason to be one minded about things.

Ray Rules
09-16-2006, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With all these Heavy Metal samples, maybe one could make the arguement that ICE T likes and appreciates the genre, especially to try crossing it.

It seems some are just afraid of change and wish for things to stay bland and repititious even though the music business does not. Probably because it sounds famaliar and they dont choose to discet music, after all it is NOT a science to everyone.

I say, "If the (idea) did good for the band in terms of, financially, longevitity and credibility, than it was worth the shot"

A band who takes a chance on something out of their character and stretches beyond the common laws shouldn't be ignored, they still deserve atleast a listen. You never know if something might strike your fancy, no reason to be one minded about things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exact.

8bit Fighter
09-16-2006, 08:59 PM
I think Sabbath could of made Illusion THE single and could of cashed in on the rap/metal formula Anthrax and Aerosmith did. I mean, the video itself for could of been creepy. The other tracks at to me are a bit stonger than Illusion and Get A Grip (The single and music video that they did release).

airdance
10-07-2006, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, that is the problem with it, it does not sound good! I think it is the single worst Sabbath song ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I agree. What on earth was Tony Iommi thinking putting a rapper on a Sabbath album? I'm not one of those "only Ozzy" Sabbath purists, but honestly. Rap and Sabbath do not mix.

There are lots and lots of things that mix with heavy rock/metal. Classical music has been a favourite of heavy bands, whether it's been instrumentals, or Ritchie Blackmore classicaly inspired guitar solos, classical interludes within rock songs, ( eg, Ozzy and 'Revelation Mother Earth'), concerts with orchestral backings, etc.

You can have opera mixed in with rock, (eg, Queen). You can have middle Eastern sounds mixed in with rock/pop, (eg, Beatles, Rainbow 'Rising' album, Zeppelin and "Kashmir".

You can have ballads and rock. You can have folk music. You can have renaissance type medieval folk music, (eg, Blackmores Night).

There's a hell of a lot of things that can be mixed and experimented with rock/metal. And they work very well.

But rap people, ain't one of them.

It's like putting a tiny hatchback 4 cylinder motor into a Ferrari. Bloody awful.

Sabbath is the Ferrari and Ice T is the let down of an engine that ruins the rest of the car.

El Lobo
10-07-2006, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see why not. It's all about prejudices. The majority (I'm not saying that it's your case) of the metal listeners are "too proud and white" that even the word "rap" will send the wrong signal to their brains even before they even listen to it.

Rap music is like everyhing else: there is wonderful rap/hip-hop and crap rap/hip-hop.

I rather listen to great rap (Grand Master Flash) than to crap metal (Cannibal Corpse).

UnderTheSun
10-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Indeed El Lobo! Well said. There is very much rap/metal out there actually.

Psycho Man
10-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Rage Against The Machine is called Rap-Metal. Also Ice's Body Count is a killer band. But moreover it is spoken word on IOP not rap.

Ashley Dalby
10-07-2006, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see why not. It's all about prejudices. The majority (I'm not saying that it's your case) of the metal listeners are "too proud and white" that even the word "rap" will send the wrong signal to their brains even before they even listen to it.

Rap music is like everyhing else: there is wonderful rap/hip-hop and crap rap/hip-hop.

I rather listen to great rap (Grand Master Flash) than to crap metal (Cannibal Corpse).

[/ QUOTE ]
VERY WELL Said El. I've NEVER understood why one would alienate a genre of music, I mean everyone has something to offer. If someone is close-minded about who Sabbath chooses as a special guest then they are losing out because it could be something good.

As I said before in a different post, maybe Ice-T IS A METAL Fan, since he has sampled all these songs.

Jeff Jarboe
10-07-2006, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I whole heartily agree gunman.This song is the 1st Black Sabbath song i find unbearable,unlistenable.In fact i wish i'd have never listened to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif
I just don't like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif