PDA

View Full Version : End of Sabbath

Ray Rules
08-23-2006, 07:59 AM
As a good sense person, I know that Sabbath is gone with Ozzy, we will never have a album with new songs. It's a fact.
So, considering that, we know that Sabbath start the carrer with Black Sabbath, the album and song, and the last album was Forbidden. So, we can say that the last song of their carrer is Kiss Of Death. Do you guys think that is a good song to put a end on their catalogue? I personally love the song... it's really, really good!

Kiss of Death
This is no ordinary soul, that you're destroying,
Not just another life that drifts along with the sands of time.
We tried to show you on your way, but still, you cannot see,
you're hurting me You told too many lies and so it ends, yeah

You tried to touch me, but then I knew your plan,
You tried to take my world away, oh no,
Now I see it, it's as clear as day,
No you'll never stand a chance, oh no you'll never stand a chance.

You tried to lead me, to the land where you keep your lies,
But I've seen this read before, oh yeah,
There is no reason why I should listen now,
No you'll never stand a chance, oh no you'll never stand a chance.

So many people tried before, but still I came through stronger than before,
Someone like you will never get through my door no more,
Nothing you can do will hurt me, I am indestructible.
Nothing you can do will hurt me, I am indestructible. Yeah.

Every lie that you tell you get closer,
Closer to the edge of the Cauldron and in to the fire, yeah.
Every life you destroy will return, it will come back and haunt you,
For ever and ever.

Nothing you can do will hurt me, I am indestructible.
Nothing you can do will hurt me, I am indestructible. Yeah.

This is no ordinary soul that you're destroying,
Not just another life that drifts along with the sands of time.

gunman42782
08-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Well, if it is indeed the last song, It is appropriate anyway. Yeah, I like the song.

Adam
08-23-2006, 09:27 AM
The last song on the album is "Loser Gets it All" actually. "Kiss of Death" is one of the best in their catalogue in my opinion. I find it a semi-farewell and semi-everything-you-do-goes-wrong song.

Ray Rules
08-23-2006, 09:35 AM
No, it's the last song, Loser Get's It All is a bonus track, so it doesn't count!

Adam
08-23-2006, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, it's the last song, Loser Get's It All is a bonus track, so it doesn't count!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it counts what the CD player's counter shows.

Psycho Man
08-23-2006, 11:22 AM
You are forgetting Scary Dreams which also seems appropriate for a last song, if it is ever recorded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif. You also might count the new tracks on the Dio years set as Sabbath's last

David86
08-23-2006, 11:24 AM
The last song is Scary Dreams! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

We'll also be getting new songs from Iommi/Dio

Ray Rules
08-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Well guys, for me the right end for a carrer is a solid album, not a cople of new tracks, if you know what I mean.. you guys just seens to avoid the sad that is that Sabbath is done.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif

David86
08-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Oh well in that case the last track is indeed Loser Gets It All! Great song BTW!

Psycho Man
08-23-2006, 11:37 AM
well if it is LGIA its not true, TM doesn't have "it all" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

UnderTheSun
08-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Even though Kiss Of Death might not be the last Sabbath song, I think it fits great!

This is no ordinary soul that you're destroying (The soul being Black Sabbath and the "you" being the record companys mainstream music etc.)

Ray Rules
08-23-2006, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even though Kiss Of Death might not be the last Sabbath song, I think it fits great!

This is no ordinary soul that you're destroying (The soul being Black Sabbath and the "you" being the record companys mainstream music etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The You fits for Ozzy or Sharon too...

Damn good song man!

Petoria000
08-23-2006, 04:01 PM
The last Sabbath song is Scary Dreams. Its the last SONG by SABBATH.

Eternal Idol
08-23-2006, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please dude i remember them playing this live at Ozzfest 2001 nobody except me and a few other people got into it . Everyone went for beer !

Petoria000
08-23-2006, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please dude i remember them playing this live at Ozzfest 2001 nobody except me and a few other people got into it . Everyone went for beer !

[/ QUOTE ]

So that makes it not the last Sabbath song??

Eternal Idol
08-23-2006, 05:29 PM
No not for me never recorded it its bassically a demo !

Adam
08-23-2006, 05:31 PM
I thought that the last studio album track was "Loser Gets it All" wasn't it?

Eternal Idol
08-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Yes it was we are talking about Scary Dreams .

rar
08-23-2006, 05:55 PM
first of all, if sabbath DID go out with forbidden, I'm disgusted. However, they didn't. After Forbidden, Psycho Man and Selling my Soul, both new studio tracks, were released. Those have been the absolute last official tracks to date. Scary Dreams is Sabbath's last written song, but it having yet to be released states that it is not Sabbath's last official song. Forbidden is not the closing song, Selling my Soul is. What do we all think of that?

Also, on the subject of Sabbath's ownership and such, Sharon doesn't have a word in Sabbath. She has a word in Ozzy Osbourne. So everyone can stop talking about Sharon in relation to Sabbath. She might've suggested all the compilations and such to Ozzy, but she is not the manager. No more of this, I'm tired of hearing it.

Eternal Idol
08-23-2006, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first of all, if sabbath DID go out with forbidden, I'm disgusted. However, they didn't. After Forbidden, Psycho Man and Selling my Soul, both new studio tracks, were released. Those have been the absolute last official tracks to date. Scary Dreams is Sabbath's last written song, but it having yet to be released states that it is not Sabbath's last official song. Forbidden is not the closing song, Selling my Soul is. What do we all think of that?

If Selling My Soul is the last ever track then im disgusted please Kiss of Death is a much better written song !

Petoria000
08-23-2006, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that the last studio album track was "Loser Gets it All" wasn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The live album "Reunion" had two studio songs at the end.

Psycho Man, and Selling My Soul.

Psycho Man
08-23-2006, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, on the subject of Sabbath's ownership and such, Sharon doesn't have a word in Sabbath. She has a word in Ozzy Osbourne. So everyone can stop talking about Sharon in relation to Sabbath. She might've suggested all the compilations and such to Ozzy, but she is not the manager. No more of this, I'm tired of hearing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason she has some "power" is because she is Ozzy's manager. Ozzy will generally do whatever Sharon suggests. And because Ozzy is in Sabbath and Iommi wants to keep it that way (for now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) she does have some say.

8bit Fighter
08-23-2006, 07:35 PM
"Selling My Soul...to be with Sabbath and create a cheap greatest hits album with a cut down version of Iron Man just to get money."

I doubt it Sharon would say that outloud or in her head, but her actions seem like saying that. I mean come on, Iron Man is THE known song for Sabbath and you had to cut it to fit more tracks? Please.

Edit: Pyscho Man (The song) seems like an off shoot of "Paranoid", like a prequal, and Paranoid is like the guy's saying I screwed up and I'm done for. Selling My Soul...well, I haven't heard that one in a while, mostly because my copy is scratched up in the middle of that song. As for the whole Forbidden album, it's very, very VERY, Underatted, except for Illusion Of Power, I didn't really like it that much.

rar
08-23-2006, 07:46 PM
im not getting what you're saying

Psycho Man
08-23-2006, 07:58 PM
what is that from? Reunion is a live album anyway, they released what was recorded that night nothing less.

Guillesab
08-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Well, KoD is the last song from the last studio album (when it was released, did not come with Loser Gets it All).
Psycho Man and Selling My Soul were two very good songs to fill a live album, not more. KoD remains as the last song from the last studio album. 10 years ago!

8bit Fighter
08-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Sorry, I was editing and leaving the comp when I wrote that. The quote is not real, I made that up.

Ray Rules
08-23-2006, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, KoD is the last song from the last studio album (when it was released, did not come with Loser Gets it All).
Psycho Man and Selling My Soul were two very good songs to fill a live album, not more. KoD remains as the last song from the last studio album. 10 years ago!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exact!! Every single Forbidden cd I came acress, don't have LGIA.
And Yes man, I like Psycho Man and Selling My Soul, but Kiss Of Death kick them right in the face. And Psycho Man and Selling My Soul doesn't count as the farewell from Sabbath because... hell, they are there on the Reunion just to atract more and more people to buy it!

And Sharon have power over Sabbath. If she says to Ozzy "you won't do that", so Ozzy won't do, and than Bill won't do, so it will keep Geezer away of it, and Tony won't record a album. Simples as that.

racer
09-05-2006, 10:09 PM
You know, not coming here very often anymore ... all I can say is that reading this (and a few other) threads makes me sad that so little is happening in the Sabbath camp that this is what the fans are reduced to debating.

KoD was the last song on the American and European release of the last full studio album. Loser Gets All was the last song on the Japanese version.

Selling my Soul counts as the final; studio Sabbath song ever released.

The Dio tracks won't count as full-fledged Black Sabbath songs ... that from both the Dio and Iommi camps.

Scary Dreams doesn't count because it was never officially release, live or otherwise.

Odds are 99.99 percent that there will never be another (MKI) Black Sabbath album; 90 percent that there won't be another Black Sabbath album, period.

The only thing that will change that is when/if Sharon Osbourne decides that a new Black Sabbath album is the only way to squeeze just a few more dollars out of fans. Once she makes up her mind to do it, the chances of it getting done increase - Ozzy does what his manager tells him to do. But I don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever at all.

Rover
09-06-2006, 12:46 AM
You're right Racer, but anyways, we here need to discuss something. If there's nothing at all to do we start fighting each other. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And it's lucky if there's another Ozzy fanboy nearby to bash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I for one am no longer interested in what's happening with Sabbath proper (if I ever was interested, that is; I've joined this forum when everything was over already). My interest lies with the side and solo projects: Cage, Empire, Dio, Iommi / Hughes (not that this one has a lot to offer now, either)...

amirmahdavi
09-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Sabbath is dead even if they release a new album with songs they will not make a revoultion... maybe they can write songs as good as Paranoid,Black Sabbath,N.I.B.,Heaven and Hell,and ect.
these famouse songs are what Black Sabbath is... new songs would be just for entertaiment and a tribute for their past

Psychophobia
09-06-2006, 09:14 AM
More and more, I'm starting to look at Dehumanizer as the beginning of the end of Sabbath. They abandoned a solid, stable lineup for a one-off cash-cow album and started to rely on the nostalgia factor at that point, not in 1997. Everything was kind of half-assed from then on. Including Dehumanizer, which only had 2 - 3 good songs on it. And we know from bootlegs that a lot of the songs that showed up on Cross Purposes and Forbidden were just leftovers from earlier times (like Psychophobia, Get A Grip). Though they did tour intensively for those records, which was great. But as far as creative energy and the drive to create new Sabbath material, I think Tony was running out of steam by the time they got Dio back. The strength of his solo material, in comparison to the new Sabbath material that we've gotten since Reunion, speaks for itself, I think. For my tastes, I'd have to agree with Rover; I hope that the respective members stick to their solo careers from now on.

ComputerGod
09-09-2006, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
More and more, I'm starting to look at Dehumanizer as the beginning of the end of Sabbath. They abandoned a solid, stable lineup for a one-off cash-cow album and started to rely on the nostalgia factor at that point, not in 1997. Everything was kind of half-assed from then on. Including Dehumanizer, which only had 2 - 3 good songs on it. And we know from bootlegs that a lot of the songs that showed up on Cross Purposes and Forbidden were just leftovers from earlier times (like Psychophobia, Get A Grip). Though they did tour intensively for those records, which was great. But as far as creative energy and the drive to create new Sabbath material, I think Tony was running out of steam by the time they got Dio back. The strength of his solo material, in comparison to the new Sabbath material that we've gotten since Reunion, speaks for itself, I think. For my tastes, I'd have to agree with Rover; I hope that the respective members stick to their solo careers from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]
At least for the Dio reunion they made a new album. We've only gotten 3 songs(2 official)out of the Ozzy reunion.

Memory
09-10-2006, 10:06 PM
I like Kiss of Death, but I don't think its a good song to close them. I think Selling my Soul or Scary Dreams are a better fit, but still not good enough of a closer.

Ray Rules
09-10-2006, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like Kiss of Death, but I don't think its a good song to close them. I think Selling my Soul or Scary Dreams are a better fit, but still not good enough of a closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well man, you can check KoD lyric... it's perfect!

Rover
09-11-2006, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Check the lyrics of Selling my soul again Kiss of Death... it's just incomparable! I haven't heard Scary Dreams but even the song title seems kiddy...

EDIT: Whoops, wrong post quoted again... take note.

Raven Rider
09-11-2006, 09:24 AM
All this talk about new Sabbath studio album is kidding with my mind.
I really wanta reunion with Tony Martin (I'm sure other also want so).
But I thought Tony Iommi owned Sabbath, and not Sharon.

Eternal Idol
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
I also like to think of Kiss of Death as a swan song for Cozy Powell R.I.P. ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Eternal Idol
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
I also like to think of Kiss of Death as a swan song for Cozy Powell R.I.P. ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

rar
09-12-2006, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ARG!!! SHAAARROOONNN DOOES NOT OWN SABBBATHH!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif

Ray Rules
09-12-2006, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ARG!!! SHAAARROOONNN DOOES NOT OWN SABBBATHH!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharon own Ozzy, and without Ozzy, Sabbath won't release anything, so, Sharon own Sabbath.

Ray Rules
09-12-2006, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharon own Ozzy, and without Ozzy, Sabbath won't release anything, so, Sharon own Sabbath.

David86
09-12-2006, 10:30 PM
^^^Failed logic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

David86
09-12-2006, 10:30 PM
^^^Failed logic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Adam
10-13-2006, 10:14 PM
They should get Tony Martin back on board. It's the only way to move on. Hope against hope.

Adam
10-13-2006, 10:14 PM
They should get Tony Martin back on board. It's the only way to move on. Hope against hope.

8bit Fighter
10-13-2006, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a nutshell logic, pretty much right. Thankfully we got a tour with Dio and the "Heaven and Hell" band supposedly. After that, yeah, Tony Martin should come back. As much as I like Tony's solo album Scream, and outside touring and working with others, I don't see why Martin shouldn't come back other than the bad ties with the band in the past (the guy literally got kicked out of the band TWICE!) I would really like to a see a new renaissance for Sabbath.

8bit Fighter
10-13-2006, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a nutshell logic, pretty much right. Thankfully we got a tour with Dio and the "Heaven and Hell" band supposedly. After that, yeah, Tony Martin should come back. As much as I like Tony's solo album Scream, and outside touring and working with others, I don't see why Martin shouldn't come back other than the bad ties with the band in the past (the guy literally got kicked out of the band TWICE!) I would really like to a see a new renaissance for Sabbath.

Rover
10-14-2006, 03:01 AM
Tony won't come back because he's really the last in line of Sabbath vocalists, and he knows that he'll be the first one to be fired in case someone else wants another reunion. And probably he can't see himself next to Tony I., the one who fired him two or three times, never for a reason.

The only collaboration between the two Tonys I can see as realistic is guesting on each other's solo albums. Nothing more serious than that.

Rover
10-14-2006, 03:01 AM
Tony won't come back because he's really the last in line of Sabbath vocalists, and he knows that he'll be the first one to be fired in case someone else wants another reunion. And probably he can't see himself next to Tony I., the one who fired him two or three times, never for a reason.

The only collaboration between the two Tonys I can see as realistic is guesting on each other's solo albums. Nothing more serious than that.

Adam
10-14-2006, 03:58 AM
Perhaps he should run his solo career separately as Dio, simultaneously recording albums in Sabbs. Dehumanizer comes to mind here. It wouldn’t be permanent but, maybe, there would be some real output then. Anyway it's not up to him at the moment.
Hope there will be semi-reunion one day.

Adam
10-14-2006, 03:58 AM
Perhaps he should run his solo career separately as Dio, simultaneously recording albums in Sabbs. Dehumanizer comes to mind here. It wouldn’t be permanent but, maybe, there would be some real output then. Anyway it's not up to him at the moment.
Hope there will be semi-reunion one day.

Eternal Idol
10-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Time is a healer and i think Iommi & Martin should and will work together again but probably not under the Sabbath banner again , maybe they should call themselves Valhalla ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eternal Idol
10-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Time is a healer and i think Iommi & Martin should and will work together again but probably not under the Sabbath banner again , maybe they should call themselves Valhalla ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ray Rules
10-16-2006, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the eternal idols!

Ray Rules
10-16-2006, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the eternal idols!

Eternal Idol
10-16-2006, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the eternal idols!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Eternal Idol
10-16-2006, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the eternal idols!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif