PDA

View Full Version : Black Box The Tony Martin Years

Eternal Idol
08-27-2006, 02:22 PM
With the soon to be release of The Dio years box set maybe the fans of Tony Martin can pray for the release of a box set of the cds of his era , hopefully it will contain a full Cross Purposes Live set and a dvd of the Tyr tour with a tribute to the late great Cozy Powell ! Any thoughts !

David86
08-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Unfortunately I think we're gonna be waiting A LOT for that one :'(

Eternal Idol
08-27-2006, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly but you never know money talks and theres a strong following for this line-up ! Also theres 7th Star and Born Again how will they be packaged will they be included in a Martin box set as extras ?

Guillesab
08-27-2006, 02:33 PM
More than a Black Box, we need a Rare & Live Stuff Box. Like the rough demos of Forbidden, the demos of Dehumanizer with Martin, some of the best live shows from soundboard recording, unreleased songs (if they exists), an of course some DVDīs.
There is no point on a box with the official cdīs, as they donīt need to be re-mixed as the Ozzy era stuff.

David86
08-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Well, if Tony Iommi has the money to put that box set out some day, I think he would just take the Martin stuff and package it together with Born Again and Seventh Star and some live goodies. Would be called something like "The Dark years of Sabbath" <_>

David86
08-27-2006, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they donīt need to be re-mixed as the Ozzy era stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes they do! Forbidden is begging to be re mixed!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Eternal Idol
08-27-2006, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if Tony Iommi has the money to put that box set out some day, I think he would just take the Martin stuff and package it together with Born Again and Seventh Star and some live goodies. Would be called something like "The Dark years of Sabbath" <_>

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go thats a good idea !

Eternal Idol
08-27-2006, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
More than a Black Box, we need a Rare & Live Stuff Box. Like the rough demos of Forbidden, the demos of Dehumanizer with Martin, some of the best live shows from soundboard recording, unreleased songs (if they exists), an of course some DVDīs.
There is no point on a box with the official cdīs, as they donīt need to be re-mixed as the Ozzy era stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that would be great imagine if they rereleased Dehumanizer with Martin and Powell oh my god that would be kick ass and a low blow to Dio !

Psycho Man
08-27-2006, 03:05 PM
you could plead that to Tony on his message boards the next time there is an "Ask Tony" opprotunity

Petoria000
08-27-2006, 05:55 PM
I think the only way these things will be released, is if some kind of Black Sabbath fan club puts these albums together (the exact same way the DPAS has all those rare CDs released).

rar
08-27-2006, 05:59 PM
hmm i think this would fit in with the rest of the black boxes...then they could sell a black box trilogy...i'd love to own that, TM era fan or not!

Prezuiwf
08-27-2006, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you could plead that to Tony on his message boards the next time there is an "Ask Tony" opprotunity

[/ QUOTE ]

I already know what his answer will be, it'll be some wishy-washy non-committal answer like "Well, those years were really great and I'd sure love to put out a box for them. I've got a lot of other projects going on and there isn't a lot of time but you never know."

UnderTheSun
08-28-2006, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I already know what his answer will be, it'll be some wishy-washy non-committal answer like "Well, those years were really great and I'd sure love to put out a box for them. I've got a lot of other projects going on and there isn't a lot of time but you never know."

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. But it's no need to blame Tony (Not that you did but anyway). What is he supposed to say? "No never, such box wouldn't be a commercial sucesess we have many other more important projects than that one".

Psycho Man
08-28-2006, 12:37 PM
thats why you beg him to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but you're right, Tony is very good at interviews and answering questions.

paul hill
09-01-2006, 04:50 AM
He never gives off too much info. You can tell he was a criminal when he was young. Cause he is tightlipped.

Niklas
09-01-2006, 06:17 AM
Black Box III - The Tony Martin Years

CD(s):
The Eternal Idol Remaster (1987)
Headless Cross Remaster (1989)
Tyr Remaster (1990)
Cross Purposes Remaster (1994)
Cross Purposes Live Remaster (1994)
Forbidden Remaster (1995)

Singles and Bonus Tracks Remastered Compilation (2006)
1. Black Moon (1987 Single)
2. Some Kind Of Woman (1987 Single)
3. Cloak And Dagger (HC Bonus Track 1989)
4. What's The Use (CP Bonus Track 1994)
5. Loser Gets It All (Forbidden Bonus Track 1995)

DVD:
Promo Videos & Live Footage
The Shining (1987)
Headless Cross (1989)
Feels Good To Me (1990)
Hand That Rocks The Cradle (1994)
Get A Grip (1995)
Documentary (2006)**

** = The Making and shooting of each video, interviews
and comments. The perspective and each member's view.

MISC:

Headless Cross Poster
Booklet with Pictures
Information

What about this? Anyone?

VikingChrist
09-01-2006, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly but you never know money talks and theres a strong following for this line-up ! Also theres 7th Star and Born Again how will they be packaged will they be included in a Martin box set as extras ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If "Born Again" and "Seventh Star" ever get the reissue treatment, they'll probably be some sort of remastered CDs from Rhino (since Warner Bros. put out those 2 CDs and Warner Bros. usually reissues stuff through Rhino), seperate from any box set.

There's a loyal Martin-era following, but don't confuse that with a huge demand for the Martin-era stuff. If you're lucky, and since those albums are out of print, some label might be able license them for reissue, remaster them, and maybe throw some liner notes on them (like the reissues of the early Deep Purple stuff). Maybe a few bonus tracks, too, (live stuff most likely), if you're really lucky. I wouldn't hold my breath for another Black Box.

David86
09-01-2006, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about this? Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd put the singles and bonus tracks on their respective CD's, though everything else sounds great... but like VikingChrist says, I'm not holding my breath =(

Echoes
09-01-2006, 02:22 PM
As David said, I'd like to have the bonus tracks on their respective albums at the end. Except for one: Loser Gets it All on Forbidden. Granted I haven't heard all the album, but I do know that the clocks at the end of Kiss of Death is THE best way to end it. Tacking on LGIA would be jarring unless it was somewhere else.

And Niklas, I like that list a lot. And the promo video thing would be cool; getting most related videos all in one place. But we will have to see if this thing will ever see the light of day. All we probably have to do is make sure the record companies understand that there is a market for this kind of set.

Ashley Dalby
09-01-2006, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He never gives off too much info. You can tell he was a criminal when he was young. Cause he is tightlipped.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think so, I would give an interview the same way, heh.

People of few words usually have lots of character and dont feel they need to over explain anything, not the least a promise that could fall through once started for any number of reasons.

Besides being mysterious keeps you on the minds of people which ultimately makes those people remember you when your ready to take their money. The music business like any other business is a very heartless type of world.

Ashley Dalby
09-01-2006, 03:26 PM
I really liked that Box Set Niklas but here is what I would call it:

METALLURGY which is the study of metal. Take that aspect with the set list you have and it would be a perfect fit. The aspects of metal for atleast one Era broken down and revealed with detailed information which would groundbreaking since new. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ray Rules
09-02-2006, 04:23 PM
They could add the Ray Gillen demos, AND if we are lucky, some promoshot from the TYR tour! >.<

Headless Tyr
09-03-2006, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

CD(s):
Tyr Remaster (1990)

DVD:
The Shining (1987)
Headless Cross (1989)
Feels Good To Me (1990)
Get A Grip (1995)
Documentary (2006)**

MISC:

Headless Cross Poster
Booklet with Pictures
Information

What about this? Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a box with these contents were to be released I would buy it instantly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That looks great!

Guillesab
09-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Add to that list the Headless In Vienna and the Wolverhampton boots, adn itīs a hell of a box!

Adam
09-03-2006, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

CD(s):
Tyr Remaster (1990)

DVD:
The Shining (1987)
Headless Cross (1989)
Feels Good To Me (1990)
Get A Grip (1995)
Documentary (2006)**

MISC:

Headless Cross Poster
Booklet with Pictures
Information

What about this? Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a box with these contents were to be released I would buy it instantly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That looks great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

MarcStitz
09-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Too bad its never going to be release

Eternal Idol
09-03-2006, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad its never going to be release

[/ QUOTE ]

Never Say Die ! Hopefully Tony will do all eras justice !

Eternal Idol
09-03-2006, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Add to that list the Headless In Vienna and the Wolverhampton boots, adn itīs a hell of a box!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Wolverhapton should have been a official release !

Ray Rules
09-03-2006, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Wolverhapton should have been a official release !

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! Hell yeah!