PDA

View Full Version : Question about Dehumanizer (the TM version)

matt-zeus
09-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Was the whole album recorded with Tony Martin, or were the songs and structures just rehearsed?
If so, I assume Dio re-wrote the lyrics, but who played the drums, Was it Cozy Powell?
Did Cozy go because his horse fell on him or because he didn't get on with Ronnie, or a combination of both?
If anyone knows then please enlighten me!

Gardener
09-01-2006, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was the whole album recorded with Tony Martin, or were the songs and structures just rehearsed?
If so, I assume Dio re-wrote the lyrics,

[/ QUOTE ]

The first demos were recorded with Dio between January and March 1991. Then, as he didn't get along well with the others, he left for a long vacation.

The others thought it wasn't working with Ronnie so they secretely brought Martin in and rerecorded the demos with him but Warner Bros insisted that as they had already spent a lot of money on this, the album had to feature Dio (or Ozzy), so Martin was thanked once again and they went on working with Dio when he came back during the summer of 1991.

[ QUOTE ]
but who played the drums, Was it Cozy Powell?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Cozy played on all the demos. He left the band in October 1991.

[ QUOTE ]
Did Cozy go because his horse fell on him or because he didn't get on with Ronnie, or a combination of both?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it was a little bit of both but the starting event was the accident that prevented from playing for a while.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope this helped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VikingChrist
09-01-2006, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read, it sounds like Cozy and Ronnie really couldn't stand each other, dating back to the Rainbow days. I recall reading that Cozy probably would have stayed if paid enough, but I guess that didn't happen. Supposedly, the horse thing is a cover story.

matt-zeus
09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Cheers, thats great, i'd like to hear Cozys drum tracks on this album.

Eternal Idol
09-01-2006, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they need to leak the Martin version soon !

Ray Rules
09-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I believe they will... somethings always leak, like Donato's demo!

BlackStone
09-05-2006, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! I just can't stand Vinny Appice's playing.

Freddy the O
09-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Didn't Cozy leave before the actual recording started? In that case, you can already hear his drumming on the Dehumanizer demos. And it's not that different from Appice's.

matt-zeus
09-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I wonder if Mack had anything to do with the demos, because its his production that makes Dehumanizer sound so good.

Raven Rider
09-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Listen to the vocals on the last song on Dehumanizer Demos disc 2 or 3, I'm sure I could hear Martin's voice.
I'm not sure.