PDA

View Full Version : Cross Purposes Live

Razzle
09-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Hi All,

Gave the video Cross Purposes Live a play yesterday again and I notice there isnt much warmth or banter between Iommi and Geezer with Martin. When you see Ozzy or Dio live with Sabbath there always seems to be smiles and banter.

rar
09-24-2006, 11:05 AM
check right after the little bass solo/kinda thing in Time Machine, Iommi does smile. I noticed that. But the infrequency of it may have just had to do with the fact that they had been through quite a bit. the band was a lot different now.

Psycho Man
09-24-2006, 11:24 AM
From videos I've watched IMO Tony seemed like he was really enjoying playing Camden 2004 with Rob Halford. With Ozzy its all the same thing but wiht Rob foorgetting lyrics and cues on Paranoid, i haven't seen the Sabs like that with Ozzy

UnderTheSun
09-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah, you can clearly see what show Tony (Iommi) enjoyed more, Reunion or Cross Purposes!

Eternal Idol
09-24-2006, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you can clearly see what show Tony (Iommi) enjoyed more, Reunion or Cross Purposes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you can clearly see what Iommi enjoys more Ozzy or Glenn Hughes !

Psycho Man
09-24-2006, 05:47 PM
its not very clear to me

Eternal Idol
09-24-2006, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its not very clear to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see scince the release of Reunion 0 new music with Ozzy 2 with Mr. Hughes am i wrong ?

EvilCheese
10-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, they don't really interact with each other. I'm sure relations were a little frosty at the time. Even still, some people are just extremely low-key on stage, like Mr. Iommi.

Ray Rules
10-27-2006, 11:31 PM
I donīt know, but for me, Martin era was more ahm... "professional", like shut up and play. On the Ozzy years, it was filled with jokes and etc.. but if you watch videos from that gigs, you will see that Tony didnīt like those jokes.

But watching that Costa Mesa video, when Rob start to sing Children Of The Grave. Itīs so funny seing Iommi laughin and smilling when he signs to Rob to stop to sing! LOL

DrColostomy
12-12-2006, 11:52 PM
I wish I could find this for a reasonable price. Amazon wants $100.

Gardener
12-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Ray Rules I donīt know, but for me, Martin era was more ahm... "professional", like shut up and play. On the Ozzy years, it was filled with jokes and etc.. but if you watch videos from that gigs, you will see that Tony didnīt like those jokes.

But watching that Costa Mesa video, when Rob start to sing Children Of The Grave. Itīs so funny seing Iommi laughin and smilling when he signs to Rob to stop to sing! LOL

Maybe it's because Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, Bill and Rob Halford have known each other since they were teenagers while the Martin era line-ups were mainly composed of musicians who, while sometimes more gifted than the originals (you can give me Neil Murray over Geezer any day), didn't share the same friendship as the old ones. Hence the more professional gigs but less goofing around.