PDA

View Full Version : "Forbidden Demos" obviously fake

Prezuiwf
10-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Does anyone else have the supposed "Forbidden Demos"? I've had them on my computer for a while and I never got around to listening to them until today while I was cleaning out old files on my computer. Anyway, there is no way these are real. Most of them are just the exact same songs you'll find on the CD, but with bits of studio chatter or fuzz tacked on to the beginning. "Rusty Angels" was just altered using some basic warping tool, and songs like "Loser Gets it All" and "Forbidden" are the same except some garage band played basic intro drum parts to lead into the songs.

I think these "demos" are garbage. Anyone agree?

paranoid
10-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Actually on Loser Gets All, it doesn't fade out, so that's different in some way. The one track has a lower guitar mix, but that's all really.

Psycho Man
10-01-2006, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This version appears to be from a cassette worktape of the final mixes that were done for the album. All of the instrumental tracks and vocals are present on these recordings and there are only a few minor details that differentiate these from the finished album. For instance, you can hear a few of Cozy’s drum count-ins (on two songs) and one guitar track sounds a bit lower during “Illusion Of Power” than it does on the album.

Unfortunately, there are no major revelations here for the hardcore fans looking for something a bit different. To hear any difference whatsoever, you’d have to wear headphones and cross compare it with the finished album

[/ QUOTE ]

Prezuiwf
10-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Psycho-- while all that is true, it doesn't lend any credibility to the source of these recordings. That text does a good job of observing what can be found on those recordings, but who's to say they're not still fake?

Psycho Man
10-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Rob says they're from Cozy's posession

paranoid
10-02-2006, 04:58 AM
Yes, Cozy has been known to have some collection. I know some Moscow 89 videos and a Rainbow Rising rough mix are in circulation from his stash.

Fake or not, they sound just like the album anyway!

Relic
10-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Last time I talked with Geoff Nicholls, he mentioned that the original version of Forbidden was MUCH better. Whether me meant the demo versions of the songs or just a different mix, I don't know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

8bit Fighter
10-23-2006, 09:45 PM
For a while when I had these demos, I thought the same thing. Fake or not, it's not as great as other demos are, because they seem fake for reasons previously stated, especially on Rusty Angels.

Psycho Man
10-23-2006, 10:46 PM
They aren't demos they are rough mixes, that seems to elude people in this discussion.

Relic
10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They aren't demos they are rough mixes, that seems to elude people in this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]
The album was produced, recorded and mixed by Ernie C. What could have possibly happened to the rough mixes that would have made them sound worse? Did Ernie just go on and mess it up and why didn't the band (or anybody) point out that the finished product was inferior, I wonder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Psycho Man
10-24-2006, 03:28 PM
What probably happened was that the recordings were done, these were roughly mixed, and then Ernie C. mixed them later. And IMO Forbidden is an awsome album

Relic
10-24-2006, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What probably happened was that the recordings were done, these were roughly mixed, and then Ernie C. mixed them later. And IMO Forbidden is an awsome album

[/ QUOTE ]
It is by far my least favourite of the Martin era albums, but still pretty cool. Unlike many of the other albums, on this one I have much easier time choosing favourite tracks. I especially like the last two tracks on it. However I think the production aspect on the album could have been improved upon.

And whether it was a case of Tony Iommi just being in a hurry to reunite with Ozzy, and be done with the previous record deal and not giving a damn about the way the record sounds, I don't really believe that. It is still an album carrying the name Black Sabbath and purposely diluting the legacy by letting a sonically inferior version of the album be released doesn't seem rational. What I know for certain is that Tony Martin, Neil Murray and Geoff Nicholls are not too hot on the way the records sounds as it is. Maybe it was a case of the record being remixed without the band's or Tony Iommi's knowledge, the record company telling Ernie tamper with the mix?

Actually I might have gotten the answer to that question from Ernie C himself, had I asked him when I had the chance. Ice-T and Ernie C played a show in Stockholm a while ago with their band Body Count. However, considering the flak that they may have received resulting from their involvement with the album, I dared not really touch the subject /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Psycho Man
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
purposely diluting the legacy

[/ QUOTE ]

most fans don't know who Tony Martin is let alone his least popular album with Sabbath. I'll take Forbidden and its production over the "aweful eight"

rar
10-24-2006, 07:36 PM
One thing I've noticed in you that's admirable, Psycho, is that you aren't based completely around 1 singer. I mean some people are Ozzy fanatics, some people love Tony Martin and hate Ozzy era. Personally, I like Ozzy, Dio, Gillan, TM, everything but I prefer Ozzy and Dio era over the others. You, on the other hand, love ALL of them which is pretty cool. *shakes hand* Of course, correct me if I'm wrong lol.

Petoria000
10-24-2006, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One thing I've noticed in you that's admirable, Psycho, is that you aren't based completely around 1 singer. I mean some people are Ozzy fanatics, some people love Tony Martin and hate Ozzy era. Personally, I like Ozzy, Dio, Gillan, TM, everything but I prefer Ozzy and Dio era over the others. You, on the other hand, love ALL of them which is pretty cool. *shakes hand* Of course, correct me if I'm wrong lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love them all too. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who do as well.

Relic
10-24-2006, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
purposely diluting the legacy

[/ QUOTE ]

most fans don't know who Tony Martin is let alone his least popular album with Sabbath.

[/ QUOTE ]
Granted, that is unfortunately the case. Still, I doubt Tony Iommi had simply stopped caring by 1995. Would be interesting to know what his thoughts on the album are today.

As far as different singers and albums go, I've got nothing against the other singers, Hughes especially is one of my all time favourites, but Dio and Martin have always been my first choices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.