PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the tapes rolling ?

Eternal Idol
02-11-2007, 09:45 AM
As a colletor ive tried to track down a lot of different shows that i thought to be interesting, ones that have eluded me for sometime even though i was told they exist are the pre Eternal Idol shows in Greece a`nd the Sun City Shows ! This is a open letter to anyone who has these show comon guys stop hoarding and release them please i spoke to someone online who lives in SA and said he saw many a tapes rolling those nights , what gives guys ? http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/images/smilies/doh.gif http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/images/smilies/brickwall.gif

Paulie 88
02-11-2007, 11:31 PM
I do remember a certain amount of bad press about the Sun City shows, the "I Ain't Gonna Play Sun City" single came out within a year of the Sabbath shows I believe... Politics aside, I'd love to hear one of those shows as well! I'm interested in hearing what the crowd sounds like too, for that matter!

Best,
PAULIE

Eternal Idol
02-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Paulie 88 I do remember a certain amount of bad press about the Sun City shows, the "I Ain't Gonna Play Sun City" single came out within a year of the Sabbath shows I believe... Politics aside, I'd love to hear one of those shows as well! I'm interested in hearing what the crowd sounds like too, for that matter!

Best,
PAULIE

I understand the event being staged at a bad place at a bad time but comon now we are nearly 20 years and no show of a recording !

Gardener
02-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Apparently, at least one of the Sun City shows has been recorded and according to people who said they have heard it back in the late 80s, it even seems to be a FM broadcast (considering the event the band's coming in South Africa was, it makes sense). But I've never been able to locate a copy of this.

Queen also played Sun City during the mid 80s and I don't think any recording has seen the light of day yet either.

Eternal Idol
02-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Gardener Apparently, at least one of the Sun City shows has been recorded and according to people who said they have heard it back in the late 80s, it even seems to be a FM broadcast (considering the event the band's coming in South Africa was, it makes sense). But I've never been able to locate a copy of this.

Queen also played Sun City during the mid 80s and I don't think any recording has seen the light of day yet either.

Wow very cool , forgot that Queen also played there !