The Shining 6:01
Headless Cross 6:29
Lost Forever 4:08 I Witness 4:58
Valhalla 4:43
Feels Good To Me 5:44
Nightwing 6:38

BloodshotGtr
03-17-2007, 09:55 AM
I can imagine some people being pissed that When Death Calls is missing :-) lol IDK

Eternal Idol
03-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted By: TYR AND HELL Glory Ride 4:50
Immaculate Deception 4:15
Kill In The Spirit World 5:11
Forbidden 3:49
Cross Of Thorns 4:34
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Anno Mundi 6:12
Black Moon 4:06
The Shining 6:01
Headless Cross 6:29
Lost Forever 4:08 I Witness 4:58
Valhalla 4:43
Feels Good To Me 5:44
Nightwing 6:38

Imagine ? i own 3, Sabbath Stones ,Best Of and Rock Champions !

Relic
03-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, there really isn't a compilation available that only has Martin stuff, even Sabbath Stones has Gillan, Hughes and Dio on it aswell. Then again what would be the use for such a compilation anyway, better to just get the albums, there are only five after all. http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

Petoria000
03-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Relic Well, there really isn't a compilation available that only has Martin stuff, even Sabbath Stones has Gillan, Hughes and Dio on it aswell. Then again what would be the use for such a compilation anyway, better to just get the albums, there are only five after all. http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

There are some unofficial compilations that have only Martin-era tunes.

BlackStone
03-17-2007, 11:15 AM
I once made a Martin era best of CD like this:

1. The Shining
2. Ancient Warrior
3. Born To Lose
4. Lost Forever
5. Headless Cross
6. Devil And Daughter
7. When Death Calls
8. Kill In The Spirit World
9. Anno Mundi
10. Valhalla
11. Cross Of Thorns
12. Psychophobia
13. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
14. Get A Grip
15. Kiss Of Death

Eternal Idol
03-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Relic Well, there really isn't a compilation available that only has Martin stuff, even Sabbath Stones has Gillan, Hughes and Dio on it aswell. Then again what would be the use for such a compilation anyway, better to just get the albums, there are only five after all. http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

Read above ! Rock Champions and Best of ! If you dont want to include Sabbath Stones then dont but it is a best of they just added the Hughes and Gillan as filler .

Renaissance
03-17-2007, 09:03 PM
I'd have put Trashed and In for the Kill on the Sabbath Stones
instead of Disturbing the Priest and Heart Like a Wheel
I actually found out about Tony Martin by an unoffical best of collection-still have it http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/images/smilies/grin.gif

rar
03-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Well they're releasing a Black Sabbath Dio Years compilation and there's only 3 albums.

Relic
03-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol
Originally Posted By: Relic Well, there really isn't a compilation available that only has Martin stuff.
Read above ! Rock Champions and Best of ! If you dont want to include Sabbath Stones then dont but it is a best of they just added the Hughes and Gillan as filler.
I'm not knocking the Sabbath Stones compilation, just pointing out that it covers stuff from 1983-1986 and 1992 aswell. As for the Rock Champions and other less than official releases, they're not really that "available" around these parts at least, although you might come across a used copy every once in a while. http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted By: rar
Originally Posted By: Relic Better to just get the albums, there are only five after all.
Well they're releasing a Black Sabbath Dio Years compilation and there's only 3 albums.
Exactly why I think one would be better off just buying the actual albums (if it wasn't for the three new tracks of course), probably wouldn't even be more expensive.

The reason for anybody releasing a compilation featuring material only from the Tony Martin era would be because they didn't have the rights for anything else. http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

Sabbathman
03-29-2007, 05:14 AM
CD 1

"The Shining"
"Ancient Warrior"
"Lost Forever"
"Eternal Idol"
"Headless Cross"
"Devil & Daughter"
"When Death Calls"
"Kill in the Spirit World"
"Nightwing"
"Anno Mundi (The Vision)"
"The Law Maker"
"The Sabbath Stones"
"The Battle of Tyr/Odin's Court/Valhalla" (remixed into one suite)
"Feels Good to Me"

CD 2

"Cross of Thorns"
"Virtual Death"
"Immaculate Deception"
"Dying for Love"
"The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"
"Evil Eye"
"The Illusion of Power"
"I Won't Cry for You"
"Guilty as Hell"
"Rusty Angels"
"Forbidden"
"Kiss of Death"

Bonus tracks:

"Cloak & Dagger"
"What's the Use?"
"Loser Gets It All"

Actually I would like to have properly remastered re-issued prints of the Tony Martin albums to become available, including all the contemporary bonus tracks ever made. Especially Headless Cross and Tyr should be made available again with original cover artwork...

-------------------------

Tony Martin is as essential as anyone else. He did 5 studio albums and a live album as the VOCALIST of Black Sabbath. He spent approx. 9 years with Black Sabbath, that's a lifetime when talking about being in a band. Almost as long as Ozzy did during his first tenure...and almost as many albums as well!!! Not mention the awesome music he contributed in.

Tony Martin should NOT be forgotten...

Eternal Idol
03-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Sabbathman CD 1

"The Shining"
"Ancient Warrior"
"Lost Forever"
"Eternal Idol"
"Headless Cross"
"Devil & Daughter"
"When Death Calls"
"Kill in the Spirit World"
"Nightwing"
"Anno Mundi (The Vision)"
"The Law Maker"
"The Sabbath Stones"
"The Battle of Tyr/Odin's Court/Valhalla" (remixed into one suite)
"Feels Good to Me"

CD 2

"Cross of Thorns"
"Virtual Death"
"Immaculate Deception"
"Dying for Love"
"The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"
"Evil Eye"
"The Illusion of Power"
"I Won't Cry for You"
"Guilty as Hell"
"Rusty Angels"
"Forbidden"
"Kiss of Death"

Bonus tracks:

"Cloak & Dagger"
"What's the Use?"
"Loser Gets It All"

Actually I would like to have properly remastered re-issued prints of the Tony Martin albums to become available, including all the contemporary bonus tracks ever made. Especially Headless Cross and Tyr should be made available again with original cover artwork...

-------------------------

Tony Martin is as essential as anyone else. He did 5 studio albums and a live album as the VOCALIST of Black Sabbath. He spent approx. 9 years with Black Sabbath, that's a lifetime when talking about being in a band. Almost as long as Ozzy did during his first tenure...and almost as many albums as well!!! Not mention the awesome music he contributed in.

Tony Martin should NOT be forgotten...

Amen to that but wheres I Witness on that cd ?

Sabbathman
03-29-2007, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol ...but wheres I Witness on that cd ?

Well, I'm not too impressed with that song. It has a good chorus part though, but in my opinion the overall image of the song just doesn't excite me that much. I also thought that the CD 2 would have a good opening song in the form of "Cross Of Thorns"...if the CD is arranged chronologically...

Jordan
03-29-2007, 09:09 AM
What would be better than a compilation is to just buy all of the CDs.

Eternal Idol
03-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Sabbathman
Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol ...but wheres I Witness on that cd ?

Well, I'm not too impressed with that song. It has a good chorus part though, but in my opinion the overall image of the song just doesn't excite me that much. I also thought that the CD 2 would have a good opening song in the form of "Cross Of Thorns"...if the CD is arranged chronologically...

Ok !

Dragon King
04-29-2007, 12:12 PM
I like Sabbathman's idea of a double-disc compilation but here's the single-disc compilation I made earlier this week:

01. The Shining
02. Eternal Idol
03. Born to Lose
04. Lost Forever
05. Black Moon (original b-side version)
06. The Gates of Hell / Headless Cross
07. When Death Calls
08. Kill in the Spirit World
09. Anno Mundi
10. The Battle of Tyr / Odin's Court / Valhalla
11. Cross of Thorns
12. I Witness
13. Psychophobia
14. Guilty As Hell
15. Loser Gets It All (outtake from Forbidden)

fsfang2
05-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Dragon King,

I took your tracklisting and made a similar compilation. I do not have the original B-side version of Black Moon so I put the version from Headless. Great compilation!!

I also made a cover using the DIO Years artwork as a template.

Thanks!

Psychdoc
05-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Hopefully, if Rhino gets their act together to put out another Sabbath compilation, maybe 2 discs with stuff remastered from "Born Again" and "Seventh Star" on the first disc and then the other 1 and 1/2 discs of Martin-era Sabbath remastered. http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/images/smilies/cool.gif

Something tells me that this won't happen. However, my ultimate (though not perfect by any means) Martin-era Sabbath compilation would look like this:

1. The Shining
2. Glory Ride
3. Eternal Idol
4. Headless Cross
5. When Death Calls (live from "Headless in Moscow" unofficial live recording in Moscow 1989 [the one that was recorded by the band to be an official live release but wasn't released]; it's a great performance of the song if you've seen the DVD.)
6. Nightwing
7. The Sabbath Stones
8. Odin's Court/Valhalla (remixed into one continuous track, as it should be IMO)
9. Anno Mundi (The Vision)
10. I Witness
11. Cross of Thorns
12. Evil Eye
13. Get A Grip
14. Rusty Angels or Forbidden
15. Kiss of Death