Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who was the black sabbath singer when you were born?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who was the black sabbath singer when you were born?

This is of course for those born after 1970. So who was the singer for black sabbath when you were born? Tony martin was the singer for my birth year.
    I'm getting older by the minuet. I can still hear the
    whistle from the school yard. I found a minuet with
    the radio, still my favorite way to hear a song. You
    know its hard, keeping up. - Me and the radio

Tony Martin - 1988
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thats for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Glenn Hughes in '86.
      The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Boris Karloff in 1960

Comment

Tony Martin - 1987
          "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Ozzy Osbourne with Sabbath was the birthday gift for '76er new-borns, like myself...
            Last edited by RLP4ever; 09-12-2008, 11:55 PM.
            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Tony Martin - 1989
              Tony Iommi Fact #021
              Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

Ozzy - 1971

Master of Reality was released 3 weeks before I was born.
                >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                YR CPTIN SPEKING
                YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Tony Martin - 1991
                  http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

Dio (1981). Still doesn't explain why I like Martin more than Dio, or why most of the fanbois (born probably in early 90s) love Ozzy so much.

There has to be some different sort of connection.
                    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

1975 - Ozzy.

I think the better question is who was the band's singer when you first heard Sabbath. In my case, it was Ian Gillan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Dio (1981). Still doesn't explain why I like Martin more than Dio, or why most of the fanbois (born probably in early 90s) love Ozzy so much.

There has to be some different sort of connection.
                        What a crazy conundrum, right? ..I have a hunch, mister....

Maybe it's got something to do with some fans, like yourself--(born in the '80s and you're the Mob Rules man btw) preferring TM most because by the time you/they 'discovered' and bought albums and heard Black Sabbath properly, chances are greater that these eighties-born fans started off (most likely in the mid-'90s onwards to the present) with TM-era discs that dominated most of Sabbath's output of the eighties and then moved backwards to Dio and hopefully to the Ozzy albums of the '70s..Many fans often settle, for various reasons, to liking best what they hear "first" and, in this case, the 'modern', 'slick' , very 'mainstream'-sounding heavy metal of the TM-era Sabbath has always had widespread appeal...

Now re: "fanbois"..(ha, you make it look and sound like some flavourful French appetiser on the lunch menu..)..Hey, these 'kids' of the '90s probably know best... They have sampled 'everything' that Sabbath has had to offer so far, ('70s through the '90s) and have the good sense and taste to recognise that when all is said and done, neither Dio nor Martin, nor indeed the other cameo princes could ever really rival the timeless, priceless awesomeness of Black Sabbath when Ozzy had the mics..
                        "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Tony Martin - 88
                          If you tried to give Heavy Metal another name, you might call it "Tony Iommi."

Comment

I am sure they were a band in 1969, so it was Ozzy.

To answer the other question that was asked, who was the singer when I got into BS: Dio.
                            "I can honestly say its truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Hmmm, let's see, Ozzy was 7 and Iommi was 9 - I guess it was Nat King Cole.
                              Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
                              I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
                              There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X