Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't F**k with Dio Fans!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Calling down the fire upon yourself again, are you?
    ..yea, you wicked one!...bring down all manner of fire and hell upon me for trampling on sacred sentiments and courting crazy controversy , for the millionth time on this board.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
      Yeah, I'd readily agree to a certain extent. Gosh, for all its minor faults, to me metalcore is wayyy better than anything that Dio ever has to offer and his devotees delude themselves into thinking is "metal".

      If anything, the irate Dio fans oughta be the ones mauled and battered for being 'fans' of that silly elf and ageing has-been
      Metalcore isn't just awful. Especially the bands who started it. It was when all the generic bands that always crop up in genres started raping those first bands' corpses. Not to mention that the emo fags made metalcore their main listening choice and all the metal heads want nothing to do with them or anything those cutting crybabies seem to like. Then again Dio is long washed up and frankly I won't listen to him without him being backed by at least one member of Sabbath. Preferably Tony Iommi.

      Comment


      • #18
        Oh yeah, I've often been the first in line to pour ample scorn on many, not all, metalcore acts and the utterly shite music they peddle. On the other hand, unlike tons of metal fans (and I'm actually an extreme metal-first fan) I have better sense than to slam the entire 'scene' wholesale. There have been several metalcore bands, ranging from the decent to highly impressive that have recorded, released, performed live, good, aggressive music (how much of it 'metal' is contentious) in its own right.

        You're obviously right, sooner, how many of the latter bands, blatantly and painfully lacking in talent and skills, have sullied the scene by their constantly awful singles and album releases, not to speak of the shabby live performances attracting all sorts of losers and wanna-bes... And many of the "emo fags" that you speak of, can't even stomach genuine metalcore done well, anyway. I'd tell ya though, how there are many more traditional heavy metal or extreme metal fans out there that actually listen to and enjoy a smattering of metalcore--more than you probably realize or these fans care to publicly admit.

        As for Dio, I honestly haven't enjoyed him or found myself going anywhere anything related to him, for a long time now. I reckon his predominantly third-rate solo career output, more than his dodgy, brief stint with Sabbath, firmly and perhaps permanently consigned him to the recycle bin of my musical mainstays. That's one reason why I'm scarcely excited about the whole, current Heaven and Hell hype. I don't think Tony Iommi is god enough on guitar, though, to make Dio somehow sound any better than he really is, today.
        "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
          As for Dio, I honestly haven't enjoyed him or found myself going anywhere anything related to him, for a long time now. I reckon his predominantly third-rate solo career output, more than his dodgy, brief stint with Sabbath, firmly and perhaps permanently consigned him to the recycle bin of my musical mainstays. That's one reason why I'm scarcely excited about the whole, current Heaven and Hell hype. I don't think Tony Iommi is god enough on guitar, though, to make Dio somehow sound any better than he really is, today.
          Just one question: how many times in recent history (say, 5 years) have you seen / heard Dio live to brand him a has-been as you have?
          "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Just one question: how many times in recent history (say, 5 years) have you seen / heard Dio live to brand him a has-been as you have?

            Ok, I'll give you 'two' answers to that.

            First, my main point in my last post was precisely how, based on my growing distaste for and rapidly dwindling interest in Dio's music over all these years, I have actually mostly avoided listening to his material altogether. Indeed, excepting the Holy Diver cd album and The Mob Rules, I have either sold or given away for absolutely free, ALL the Dio-related discs (Elf, Rainbow, Sabbath, Dio band) that I had actually (foolishly) bought in the past. Now, I stand by what I previously said and repeat about Dio being a clear "has-been" (pardon the twisting turn of phrase there) for a long time actually, to put it mildly bluntly. Not merely in the past 5 years, but for a whole lot longer, in my eyes.

            Dio, to me, had become a drearily boring, maddeningly mediocre, infuriating parody of himself rather early in his Dio-solo career itself. Rainbow was where Dio was arguably at the very peak of his powers. The efforts with Sabbath ranged from the randomly respectably good to the blatantly pedestrian. Solo material was one 2-decades long swamp of endless duds of varying quality with only 2 redeemably impressive efforts.

            Secondly, as for seeing/hearing Dio in, at least, the last five years; well, call it an insider's old-fashioned curiosity or bad-boy voyeurism, but I did actually decide to check out for myself, in their entirety, both the HOLY DIVER LIVE at London '05 AND the Heaven & Hell : Live from Radio City Music Hall '07 DVDs...Not altogether awful performances or anything like that to ridicule or tear apart Dio for. BUT, in all honesty, the man looked, but most crucially, Dio the frontman/vocalist sounded to me, to put it kindly, patently past even half-way off his prime days of vocal oomph. I'd like to argue that such an obviously much-diminished singer/performer is a "has-been" in the vocabulary of most fans that see the situation my way.

            And no amount of new-fangled guitar riffing antics, lyrics or musical arrangements, (if Iommi and band are even inspired enough or capable of pulling that off today) can ever compensate for the rather uncool inadequacies of their once-great singer, today.
            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

            Comment


            • #21
              I wonder what kind of impact some people here will be capable to provoke in their 70 years old age.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by JEFFMETAL View Post
                I wonder what kind of impact some people here will be capable to provoke in their 70 years old age.
                Jeff, if you could be so uncommonly kind and chivalrous to re-phrase that (with anybody's help if you need) in plain, direct English, it will have a great 'impact' on this particular 32 year-old, I assure you.
                "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

                Comment


                • #23
                  This thread is just about to go over the deep end into personal sniping and a pissing match. Get it back on course, or the thread goes away.

                  If you want to piss on each other, go do it in email or in private messages.

                  NOT HERE.
                  Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                  View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

                  "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
                    Jeff, if you could be so uncommonly kind and chivalrous to re-phrase that (with anybody's help if you need) in plain, direct English, it will have a great 'impact' on this particular 32 year-old, I assure you.
                    RLP4Ever, this phrase weren't directed to anybody specifically. I think your issue with my english is pure gayness (or maybe you're trying to undermine my carachter as I'm not of England or any english colony as Australia, and hence this is not my mother tongue). I notice you have a vast vocabulary and write quite literally poetic statements on your point of view, but along comes the impression that you are immensely arrogant and pedantic. And I think it weights negatively much more than the dismally (as you once qualified my english) written words I do.

                    I dare you to learn portuguese with the same hability you did and do for your mother tongue, 'cos portuguese is ranked as the second or third most complex language in usage. Maybe you're really lucky to have high skills and desenvolture with such fairly and commonly accessible language as english, which is by no means a wonderful language. Otherwise, you could've been worse than you actually are with portuguese if it was a language of universal usage.

                    Cheers and remember - IF YOU LISTEN TO FOOLS...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by JEFFMETAL View Post
                      I dare you to learn portuguese with the same hability you did and do for your mother tongue, 'cos portuguese is ranked as the second or third most complex language in usage. Maybe you're really lucky to have high skills and desenvolture with such fairly and commonly accessible language as english, which is by no means a wonderful language. Otherwise, you could've been worse than you actually are with portuguese if it was a language of universal usage.
                      That's enough. That was posted after my warning. Thread dies.
                      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

                      "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X