A message to French speaking Sabbath fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message to French speaking Sabbath fans

This message mainly goes to French speaking members of the forums, but as it's not allowed to write threads in other languages, I'll write this is in English

That's it, the big day has come : the first Black Sabbath biography written in French is finally widely available, thanks to Camion Blanc publishing !!!!

"La Bête venue de Birmingham" : 672 pages covering the whole story of the band, from the mid 60s up to late 2008, with a complete line-up tree, exclusive interviews with Neil Murray and Bill Ward, exclusive notes from Tony Martin, Eric Singer, Patrick O’hearn, John Sloman and Nicky Moore among others, exclusive photos and so many more features...

http://www.camionblanc.com/?p=detail_livre&ID=244

Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
    "Black Sabbath : la Bête venue de Birmingham"

Excellent! C'est seulment que je ne pourrais pas en comprendre la Francais de la, je dirais, parce que c'est la Francais de France, non?

Haha, I'm Quebec french here, I guess. Well, a little qubec, a little Acadian, I guess I'm a mut when it comes to that language.
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Originally posted by WarningRules View Post
      Excellent! C'est seulment que je ne pourrais pas en comprendre la Francais de la, je dirais, parce que c'est la Francais de France, non?

Haha, I'm Quebec french here, I guess. Well, a little qubec, a little Acadian, I guess I'm a mut when it comes to that language.
      Acadian rules!! haha!Je ne m'attendait pas a voir quelquechose en Français ici haha!
      Where I was,I had wings that couldn't fly
      Where I was,I had tears I couldn't cry
      My emotions,Frozen in an icy lake
      I couldn't feel them,Until the ice began to break
      Bruce Dickinson-Tears Of The Dragon

Comment

Merci les gars, mais please : don't write too much in French, or the thread is going to be deleted !!!
        Glad to see so many Canadians here, I hope my book will be available there. And I also hope I'll be able to visit Quebec some day. My brother in law and his wife visited last year and the city seems beautiful

Talking about French speaking parts of North America, are there any Cajun here ? Louisiana is another part I'd like to see someday. The only place on the East Coast I visited was New York.
        Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.

Comment

I think he said i look fat.

Comment

Originally posted by fishtowner View Post
            I think he said i look fat.
            Damn ! We were hoping you wouldn't catch this !

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
              Damn ! We were hoping you wouldn't catch this !

You know, I plan on getting an undergrad in French at Dal. University near where I live. I planned on taking an education degree after that to become a French teacher, but now I don't want to be a teacher... any ideas what I could do with an undergrad in French? Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Purgatory View Post
                Acadian rules!! haha!Je ne m'attendait pas a voir quelquechose en Français ici haha!
                Hey Purgatory, do you live anywhere near Shediac? I have a friend there. Really, I don't know much about New Brunswick. Obviously, there's not a big chane that you know him. His name's Alex Peppard. He's a dumb emo kid

Not really, he's actually the best snare player I know. He's pretty much the man

Comment

Hey Purgatory, do you live anywhere near Shediac? I have a friend there. Really, I don't know much about New Brunswick. Obviously, there's not a big chane that you know him. His name's Alex Peppard. He's a dumb emo kid

Not really, he's actually the best snare player I know. He's pretty much the man
                  I know where Shédiac is,it's about 2 hours from here,but I don't know anybody from there.
                  And I don't know that much of Nova Scotia hehe,only place I've been there was Truro.

Comment

Originally posted by Purgatory View Post
                    I know where Shédiac is,it's about 2 hours from here,but I don't know anybody from there.
                    And I don't know that much of Nova Scotia hehe,only place I've been there was Truro.
                    Oh, that's unfortunate, to say the least.

I haven't been there many times (it's about an hour and a half from here), but my friend who moved there says that it sucks. I live in Windsor NS, which, as some of you may be aware of, is the birthplace of hockey. It's too bad that we have a population of less then 4500.

Anyway, like I said, Truro isn;t a very good representation of what Nova Scotia is. I like Windsor a lot, especially the high school I go to. No one there tries too hard to be gangster, there's very little crime, and most people get along nicely. It's a great town, you should visit sometime... Nah, you probably shouldn't visit, it's too small. But if you're driving by on the highway, you should take a de-tour, or something.

Oh, btw, Halifax is great, too :p

Comment

I'm sure it's good, and has stuff other bios don't.
                      But even though I'm french, I prefer to read rock biographies in english. The meaning of the lyrics gets lost in translation and I end up wondering how it would be in english!
                      Plus, I agree with WarningRules, the french from France use words and have expressions that have no meaning for the average Québécois!

Comment

You know, I plan on getting an undergrad in French at Dal. University near where I live. I planned on taking an education degree after that to become a French teacher, but now I don't want to be a teacher... any ideas what I could do with an undergrad in French? Any ideas?
                        Well... You could be an English teacher in a French speaking country maybe But, more seriously, maybe do books translations ?

Comment

Originally posted by Saboteur View Post
                          I'm sure it's good, and has stuff other bios don't.
                          But even though I'm french, I prefer to read rock biographies in english. The meaning of the lyrics gets lost in translation and I end up wondering how it would be in english!
                          To each his own I guess. But I see what you mean, which is why, each time I quoted lyrics in the book, I kept them in English and added a translation when it was needed. Quoting songs in a different language than the one in which it was originally written seems rather silly to me.

There's an Ozzy Osbourne bio that was released here two years ago. While the book is really good from what a friend told me, what seemed a little odd is that the titles of the chapters were the titles of Ozzy's albums translated in French. It was something I didn't want to do

Plus, I agree with WarningRules, the french from France use words and have expressions that have no meaning for the average Québécois!
                          Now, this is something about which I can't do anything I'm afraid Criss de tabernacle !!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Oh, btw, Halifax is great, too :p[/QUOTE]

Well,I'm going to see Halifax Rocks with KISS in about a month so i'll take a look around!

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                              Now, this is something about which I can't do anything I'm afraid Criss de tabernacle !!!
                              Way to go Gardener!!!Bordel de merde!

We should really stop speaking french like you said tough!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X