Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattSabb88
    replied
    I love both albums but the scale tipped in the favor of Heaven & Hell this time.

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
    I'd say Blizzard wins by first-round KO, with one killer uppercut to the glass jaw of Heaven and Hell.
    This is what frustrates me. I don't see how people can just say that Blizzard of Oz is incredibly so much better then H&H like that.

On BoO, compared to most of the previous Sabbath albums, Ozzy's voice is haggard. It's just terrible. It just seems like he started to moan a lot more then sing. Of course, these were his glory days, right? Either way, Dio is, I'm not being subjective here, a more capable vocalist. There's nothing to dispute here. He can do things that Ozzy can't, or couldn't. Plus, he has a better voice (which obviously is subjective, but I don't get what people are listening to when they say that Ozz has a better voice. You may believe that the way he sings/whatever is better, but comparing voices, not close. At all)

Second, we all know that Rhoads was an amazing guitarist, but he can't match up to the riff making of Iommi. He may have had skill up the wall, but I'm sure that he never made a riff with Ozz that was better then any riff that Iommi made with Dio.

Well, that's my rant for now. I just needed to vent. Whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Intothevoid
    replied
    Heaven and Hell. Listening to it a lot more. It doesn't hurt that it maybe one of the greatest albums ever. I don't like Blizzard as much as I used to. And Ozzy's tampering taints an otherwise classic record.

Leave a comment:

• The Butt
    replied
    WR, that's a pretty ludicrous thing to say, and you know it too. How many "die-hard Ozzy" but "not Sabbath" fans have you met here recently?? Besides, what's anything even wrong with somebody liking an OZZY (solo) album a lot more than he does a 'Black Sabbath' album of the same period?? If anybody has been acting like true "fanboys" here, it's the anything but Ozzy, everything with Iommi crowd of fans here, lately.

I'd say Blizzard wins by first-round KO, with one killer uppercut to the glass jaw of Heaven and Hell. But then, this is a rigged contest with corrupt judges at the bench.
    +1 bud on all of it

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    Lol. I think anyone in his right mind who is a Sabbath fan over an Ozzy fan would say Iommi.

Leave a comment:

• RedZero
    replied
    WR. If anybody has been acting like true "fanboys" here, it's the anything but Ozzy, everything with Iommi crowd of fans here, lately.

I'd say Blizzard wins by first-round KO, with one killer uppercut to the glass jaw of Heaven and Hell. But then, this is a rigged contest with corrupt judges at the bench.
    Ok, Iommi vs Ozzy. I vote Iommy.

Leave a comment:

• RLP4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by WarningRules View Post
    Yep, none of the fanboys... erm... I mean "Die hard Ozzy but not Sabbath" fans have shown up yet
    WR, that's a pretty ludicrous thing to say, and you know it too. How many "die-hard Ozzy" but "not Sabbath" fans have you met here recently?? Besides, what's anything even wrong with somebody liking an OZZY (solo) album a lot more than he does a 'Black Sabbath' album of the same period?? If anybody has been acting like true "fanboys" here, it's the anything but Ozzy, everything with Iommi crowd of fans here, lately.

Last edited by RLP4ever; 07-03-2009, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeepItWarm
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesline View Post
    blizzard of ozz , diary of a madman are two album that can stand-up to any
    black sabbath album ever recorded , i've seen sabbath live since 1976-today
    seen every line-up they had live(minus-glenn hughs)"cause they never hit-la"
    but randy rhoads holds top honors in my book.
    It's 15-0 at the moment...

Leave a comment:

• fishtowner
    replied
    So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
    It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    Originally posted by sn0wb1ind0zzy View Post
    H and H - 13
    Blizzard of Ozz - 0
    Yep, none of the fanboys... erm... I mean "Die hard Ozzy but not Sabbath" fans have shown up yet

Leave a comment:

• sn0wb1ind0zzy
    replied
    Heaven and Hell

H and H - 13
    Blizzard of Ozz - 0

Leave a comment:

• SabbathKing93
    replied
    Heaven and Hell, no doubt bout that.

I don't like Blizzard Of Ozz so this is a no contest for me. Plus, I'd pretty much take any Sabbath material over any of Ozzy's solo material as I've always felt his solo material was really only mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    Lol. Do you honestly think there'd be any competition there, either?

That's like Live a Last vs. Reunion

Leave a comment:

• RedZero
    replied
    Heaven and Hell with Ronnie James Dio is by far the superior album. I would probably list Heaven and Hell as my first 9 choices and Blizzard 10th.

You should put up a poll on Live Evil Vs Live and Loud?

Leave a comment:

• paulgaunt
    replied
    Heaven and Hell is a clear winner for me.

Ozzy solo has his moments - but not enough

Leave a comment:

Working...
X