Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mythology
    replied
    Diary of a Madman easily. Mob Rules is shit.

Leave a comment:

• gunman42782
    replied
    Diary of a Madman, hands down. Mob Rules is a great album, but Diary is one of Ozzy's best ever. I think the title song is one of the all time great hard rock songs.

Leave a comment:

• Ashley Dalby
    replied
    Mob Rules without even showing up to the battle

Leave a comment:

• Saboteur
    replied
    Diary is Ozzy's darkest album and the one that aged the best. By far the most original of his whole catalogue.
    But I went for Mob, 'cos that album is untouchable, just perfect!

Leave a comment:

• 8bit Fighter
    replied
    I like Mob Rules, but Diary edges it out. Diary showed more maturing from BoO, and really showed what Randy could do.

Leave a comment:

• KHH
    replied
    Gotta go with Heaven And Hells Mob Rules here...

Leave a comment:

• BooSweeney
    replied
    Originally posted by Ozzien82 View Post
    Not necessarily true. I'm voting opposite of what I did in Round 1. IMO, the original Diary was an excellent followup to Blizzard, nothing weak on it at all. Mob Rules, however, and despite the presence of great tunes like "Falling Off the Edge of the World" and "Country Girl," was probably the weakest Dio-era Sabbath effort (yes IMO). It's Diary this time.

Please note that I am specifying the original versions of Blizzard and Diary because I truly do feel that the 2002 remasters lost something in translation.
    Same here, I also voted for H&H on the first one, despite the admittance that I felt BoO was a more cohesive album, but here I had to vote for Diary. Again, Diary is much more consistent than Mob Rules (also IMO) and Mob Rules' epic tracks (notably The Sign of the Southern Cross and Falling Off the Edge of the World) aren't as good as the ones on H&H, which is why Diary gets the nod this time. Mob Rules is also the least favorite of my Dio-Sabbath albums, and while it's not bad, it should of really been better.

It should also go without saying that when I talk about Blizzard and Diary, I'm NOT referring to the 2002 remasters. I'm glad I had the foresight to purchase the 1995 versions before they "remastered" them again.

Leave a comment:

• Sabbathfan78
    replied
    The mob rules for me only because TSOTSC and FOTEOTW beat everything on Diary.

Leave a comment:

• joan
    replied
    There is no contest in my opinion if you listed to fools THE MOB RULES-WINNER!

Leave a comment:

• Ozzien82
    replied
    Originally posted by cwilder86 View Post
    Mob Rules Vs. Diary of a Madman

(I can pretty much predict this outcome I think once again. The whole forum Vs. RLP4Ever and the Butt, lol)
    Not necessarily true. I'm voting opposite of what I did in Round 1. IMO, the original Diary was an excellent followup to Blizzard, nothing weak on it at all. Mob Rules, however, and despite the presence of great tunes like "Falling Off the Edge of the World" and "Country Girl," was probably the weakest Dio-era Sabbath effort (yes IMO). It's Diary this time.

Please note that I am specifying the original versions of Blizzard and Diary because I truly do feel that the 2002 remasters lost something in translation.

Leave a comment:

• geekwrestler
    replied
    If you listen to fools...

Ozzy Rules?

Leave a comment:

• nunoni
    replied
    Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
    That 'second album' is obviously the better one! Has a longer name too. So, why not read the title and listen to it sometime?
    well, maybe I should hear it again (I'm sure I listened to it sometime back in the 80s but I can't remember), but how?! I don't have it, I don't do ilegal downloads, and my friends who have it can't be bothered to locate it in the pile of CDs...

I always thought Ozzy solo is extremely sub-par Ozzy compared to the glorious early Sabb (up to and including SBS), with very few songs being worht while listening to; contrarily to Dio, who did his best work more or less equally divided by Rainbow, Sabbath and Dio.

Mob Rules does not border perfection; for that, ir would need Neon Knights for Turn up the night, and something else instead of Slipping away. But it is, for me, Sabbath's best album with Dio (notice I don't say "Sabbath's best album; I stopped comparing the different eras, they might as well be different bands).

Leave a comment:

• mikesline
    replied
    You can't kill rock and roll !

Leave a comment:

• dehumanizer91
    replied
    Diary for me!

Leave a comment:

• The Rules Mob
    replied
    This is basically a draw. It would depend entirely on what I felt like listening to at the time. Put a gun to my head I'd probaby give the nod to Diary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X