Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
    Mob Rules!

Easy choice as this is not only my favourite Dio-era album, but also probably my favourite Sabbath album and favourite album of all time by anyone. Dio's delivery is effortlessly perfect and Tony's guitar tone is the best I've heard, Sabbath or otherwise (particularly in the solos).
    Well spoken, and i donīt think Diary of a Madman really come close to that masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
      Well spoken, and i donīt think Diary of a Madman really come close to that masterpiece.
      And it probably doesn’t with the likes of Iommi, Butler, Dio and Appice on that album, just like I said, sentimental value and fond memories of my youth.

But yes Mob Rules!!!!!
      Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 08-10-2018, 03:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a sentence, just realized.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I've voted 'Diary of a Madman'. It's one of my favourite rock albums of all time and, for me, beats the workmanlike 'Mob Rules' fairly easily. Pretty tough putting a solo album up against a Sabbath classic in a poll like this though, deep in Sabbath land!

Thankfully the original drum and bass tracks have been restored to current editions. Hail Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake and the Blizzard of Ozz band!

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          I've voted 'Diary of a Madman'. It's one of my favourite rock albums of all time and, for me, beats the workmanlike 'Mob Rules' fairly easily. Pretty tough putting a solo album up against a Sabbath classic in a poll like this though, deep in Sabbath land!

Thankfully the original drum and bass tracks have been restored to current editions. Hail Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake and the Blizzard of Ozz band!
          Yes, Hail the Blizzard Of Ozz band, cause we all know that, that's what it was and is on those first two records, not the Ozzy solo band that came after.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            Yes, Hail the Blizzard Of Ozz band, cause we all know that, that's what it was and is on those first two records, not the Ozzy solo band that came after.
            I should add that I'm not entirely across 'Mob Rules' as an album, and I actually went ahead about bought a copy the other day to get to know it better and to have it as part of my Black Sabbath collection. It had been a glaring omission in my sequence of Sabbath selections.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
              I should add that I'm not entirely across 'Mob Rules' as an album, and I actually went ahead about bought a copy the other day to get to know it better and to have it as part of my Black Sabbath collection. It had been a glaring omission in my sequence of Sabbath selections.
              Mob Rules is a fantastic album, every song on it is good, my favorites on it are Sign Of The Southern Cross, Falling Off The Edge Of The World (one of my all time favorites) and Over And Over.

How do you like the album Requiem?

Comment

I voted Mob Rules and i will explain why. Diary Of A Madman, is concidered one of the best Ozzy's solo efforts but, i cant relate to that. For me, it is not having classic moments like the previous one and the high points of this one, are not equally good for me. To be honest, i prefer the Tribute album instead of BoO and DOAM because it includes the best moments from those two albums with better performances than the studio recordings.

Mob Rules is a great album overall, i really like the two songs which were mentioned by the friends before. Is an equal album to Heaven and hell for me and i feel that the songwriting style, is similar enough. I really like Heaven and hell and because it is similar enough with Mob Rules, i like Mob Rules also.

Comment

I voted for, and prefer, Mob Rules. That said, Diary Of A Madman is a great album too. Four out of five stars for each one, strictly on overall quality.

Comment

Working...
                  X