Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 2 Mob Rules Vs. Diary of a Madman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 2 Mob Rules Vs. Diary of a Madman

Mob Rules Vs. Diary of a Madman

GO!

Mob Rules for Me

(I can pretty much predict this outcome I think once again. The whole forum Vs. RLP4Ever and the Butt, lol)
    Mob Rules
    72.83%
    Diary of a Madman
    27.17%
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Originally posted by cwilder86 View Post

(I can pretty much predict this outcome I think once again. The whole forum Vs. RLP4Ever and the Butt, lol)
    Not too sure about this one. Mob Rules is in the bottom half of the Dio catalog for me, however, I pretty much think whatever Ozzy put out after BoO was shit. Plus I'm not huge on BoO anyway.
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

GO!

Mob Rules for Me

Haha, no wonder I called your poll threads like this one, pre-determined, 'rigged' contests, when you already seem to predict and know the 'results' as soon as you post the polls. LOL

Seriously, cwilder, I'm no more predictable on this one than you and your pals are, as well. The "whole forum" vs RLP lol...Bring it on!

Ok, Diary for me, without a doubt---though this time the match-up is a bit closer than Blizzard vs H&H. That's because I consider MR to be definitely a few strides up in quality of sorts, from the extremely pedestrian H&H. Also, I regard Diary to be even (slightly) better than Blizzard. So, for me a Diary vs MR match-up, is a move up the leagues, by a level or two. Still Diary wins handily!
      "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

GO!

Mob Rules for Me

Good prediction. I concur. Mob Rules for me.

Comment

As much as I disagree with the whole apparent "LOL SABBATH IS AUTOMATICALLY BETTER THAN OZZY" mentality that seems to go on here, I had to vote Mob Rules.

Comment

Diary for me.

Comment

what's that second album?

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni View Post
                what's that second album?
                That 'second album' is obviously the better one! Has a longer name too. So, why not read the title and listen to it sometime?
                "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

This is basically a draw. It would depend entirely on what I felt like listening to at the time. Put a gun to my head I'd probaby give the nod to Diary.
                  "But I don't want to go among mad people."
                  "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
                  "How do you know I'm mad?"
                  "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Diary for me!

Comment

You can't kill rock and roll !

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
                        That 'second album' is obviously the better one! Has a longer name too. So, why not read the title and listen to it sometime?
                        well, maybe I should hear it again (I'm sure I listened to it sometime back in the 80s but I can't remember), but how?! I don't have it, I don't do ilegal downloads, and my friends who have it can't be bothered to locate it in the pile of CDs...

I always thought Ozzy solo is extremely sub-par Ozzy compared to the glorious early Sabb (up to and including SBS), with very few songs being worht while listening to; contrarily to Dio, who did his best work more or less equally divided by Rainbow, Sabbath and Dio.

Mob Rules does not border perfection; for that, ir would need Neon Knights for Turn up the night, and something else instead of Slipping away. But it is, for me, Sabbath's best album with Dio (notice I don't say "Sabbath's best album; I stopped comparing the different eras, they might as well be different bands).

Comment

If you listen to fools...

Ozzy Rules?
                          Tony Iommi Fact #021
                          Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

Not necessarily true. I'm voting opposite of what I did in Round 1. IMO, the original Diary was an excellent followup to Blizzard, nothing weak on it at all. Mob Rules, however, and despite the presence of great tunes like "Falling Off the Edge of the World" and "Country Girl," was probably the weakest Dio-era Sabbath effort (yes IMO). It's Diary this time.

Please note that I am specifying the original versions of Blizzard and Diary because I truly do feel that the 2002 remasters lost something in translation.
                            Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
                            I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
                            There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

There is no contest in my opinion if you listed to fools THE MOB RULES-WINNER!
                              As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Comment

Working...
                              X