Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 3 Born Again Vs. Bark At The Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BooSweeney View Post
    For me it's easily Born Again. Hell, I like Born Again more than Mob Rules (no, I'm not crazy).
    Born Again (Studio) is my third most favorite Black Sabbath album. Played live is another story.

Comment

Voted Bark At The Moon, love Born Again though.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Born Again.

Ted

Comment

Bark at the Moon

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Comment

While Bark at the Moon could not match Blizzard and Diary, I rate it higher than Born Again.

Comment

Bark At The Moon, the album, song and video that started my love and obsession for Ozzy, how could I vote for anything else other than Bark At The Moon? Unless it were Blizzard, Diary, Speak Of The Devil or a Ozzy/Sabbath album, I cannot and will not.
              Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 08-12-2018, 10:34 AM. Reason: Typo
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Bark At The Moon

Comment

'Bark at the Moon' is an absolute classic and I much prefer it over the admittedly very cool 'Born Again'.

The 'Bark at the Moon' album is part of the classic era Ozzy that in my books is significantly more entertaining and enduring than the equivalent Black Sabbath material of the time.

Jake E Lee, Bob Daisley, Tommy Aldridge, Don Airey and Ozzy. A great line-up for a killer album, excellently produced by Max Norman. In contrast, probably my favourite thing about 'Born Again' are the stories of the parties at the mansion where they were rehearsing, including when Gillan drove Bill's car into the lake.

Comment

This one, is a tough choice. Bark At The Moon, is the best Ozzy's solo album for me while Born Again, is one of my favorites also because of Gillan's collaboaration with the band. I like Black Sabbath, i like Deep Purple so this collaboration is a dream coming true. But, i have to admit that the Born Again album, had its weaknesses. Its not the muddy production. I'm not excited by it but it doesn't bother me either. It would be a perfect album, if it didnt had Digital Bitch and Keep It Warm. Those two songs, make the album lose enough points.

But, the albums strong moments, blow away anything on BATM. Disturbing the priest, Zero The Hero and Born Again, are the main reasons that my pick on this debate, is the Born Again album. Those three songs, overshadow everything on the BATM album. I consider this album as Ozzy's best but, i can't deny the fact that this Sabbath's effort is strong and maybe, one of the last Sabbath's great moments. So, for now, is

Sabbath 3
                    Ozzy 0

Comment

Hmmm... I'd have to say Bark At The Moon has a slight edge over Born Again. I give the former 3.5 stars (out of five), while the latter would get three stars. Both are pretty solid overall.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
                        Hmmm... I'd have to say Bark At The Moon has a slight edge over Born Again. I give the former 3.5 stars (out of five), while the latter would get three stars. Both are pretty solid overall.
                        Good to see you back Sab Historian.

Comment

Working...
                        X