Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 3 Born Again Vs. Bark At The Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 3 Born Again Vs. Bark At The Moon

Born Again Vs. Bark At The Moon

GO!

This one's a little more difficult for me, but still going with Born Again.
    Born Again
    51.11%
    Bark At The Moon
    48.89%
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Born Again via No Contest. [Bark at the Moon never made it to the fight!]
    Tony Iommi Fact #021
    Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

Bark at the Moon via default (Born Again retired hurt)

Seriously, excepting moderately liking maybe just 2 songs, max, on Born Again, I always found BA to be extremely sucky, overall.

Bark at the Moon was a 50/50 affair for me; I liked half the songs and disliked the other half.
      "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

This is a blowout. BATM represents a slight dip in quality in Ozzy's solo output from Blizzard and DOAM. I saw him on the tour supporting the album, and he was (as usual for that time frame) excellent. After that, though, I think Ozzy went south extremely fast. I bought BA the day it was released, and saw Sabbath on that tour. The live show was entertaining. The album, however, is absolutely horrendous.

Round 4 of this bout should be entertaining.
        "But I don't want to go among mad people."
        "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
        "How do you know I'm mad?"
        "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Bark was OK, but certainly falls well below my top 3 post-Sabbath Ozzy records. Born Again I felt more was like something of a super-band cross between Sabbath and Purple. Most definitely Born Again was not an equal to a lot of other Sabbath efforts, but I personally prefer it to Bark.
          Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
          I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
          There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

Bark at The Moon for me.I am a Jake fan!
            www.reverbnation.com/sungod4

www.facebook/curseofdisobedience

www.reverbnation.com/clawhammer1 and www.reverbnation.com/blackmountainthunder

Comment

Disturbing the Priest, Zero the Hero, Thrashed, Born Again, Digital B, etc... Vs Fart at the Moon? There is no contest. It is what it is.

Comment

I don't like either of these that much but I'll go with Bark At The Moon just becasue the title track is cooler than anything on BA.
                Nobody will ever let you know
                When you ask the reason why
                They just tell you that you're on your own
                Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

For me it's easily Born Again. Hell, I like Born Again more than Mob Rules (no, I'm not crazy).

Bark at the Moon has a lot of forgetable tracks. I like the title track, but I had to go into my Itunes playlist and refresh my memory ( I do own the CD but haven't listened to it in a LONG time). I listened to "You're No Different" and "Waiting for Darkness", both of which I like, but the rest I don't really care for.

There's not a track I really hate on Born Again (that's pretty rare with me) but I could do without Stonehenge. Keep It Warm is also sort of a weak track, although I do like it.

Comment

First two rounds tough, this one easy. Come on people, Bark is a WAY better album.

Comment

Bark at the Moon. I was never a fan of Born Again

Comment

Born Again. Ian’s vocal chords were never the same after this album. Don't trash this album just because Ward spilled his diet coke on the console.

Comment

Born Again for sure. I'm a big fan of the album and I think every song on the album is just great. Although I cannot say the same about Bark At The Moon; there's only like a couple tracks on the whole album that I find to be good at all.

The riffs on Born Again are killer, drumming is awesome, bass is awesome and vocals are totally awesome. Great album! Born Again!
                          If the magic comes between us
                          And we never meet again
                          Take a part of me away
                          'Cause maybe it's all above love
                          ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Born Again. Although Jake E. Lee is an excellent guitarist, Born Again sounds harder.
                            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

as a 15 year old, I prefered Bark, but as a grown man, Born Again.
                              The songs on Bark are well crafted and original, but didn't age that well. I stopped listening to it a few years after its release, and cringe when I hear some.
                              Born Again is overall darker and harder to approach. Some songs are crap and it sounds like shit, but I can still enjoy a thorough listen of the whole thing once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X