Clear All

• Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 4 Seventh Star Vs. The Ultimate Sin

Seventh Star Vs. The Ultimate Sin

Seventh Star for me.
    Seventh Star
    56.82%
    The Ultimate Sin
    43.18%
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

I dislike both; but The Ultimate Sin still beats Seventh Star, for me.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Seventh Star by an inch. Both albums had excellent riffing, so it was really hard this time.

BS = 3
      Ozzy = 1

By my count anyway.
      "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

The Ultimate Sin for me. I never understood why people had a problem with this album. The title track, Shot In The Dar, Killer Of Giants and Thank God for The Bomb are all excellent tracks. Seventh Star should never have been released under the Sabbath name and just not a good album to begin with. It did a lot to ruin Sabbath's credibility in the music community. TUS was more metal than Seventh Star as well. Til this day I can't understand why the hell Iommi ever decided to release the material recorded for it.
        Nobody will ever let you know
        When you ask the reason why
        They just tell you that you're on your own
        Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Like the Mob Rules v. Diary bout, this is basically a draw also. Except for exactly the opposite reason. MR v. Diary was two great albums going head to head. This is like the Kansas City Royals playing the Washington Nationals. Calling either the "winner" feels disingenuous.
          "But I don't want to go among mad people."
          "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
          "How do you know I'm mad?"
          "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Lulz, nice simile, TRM.
            "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

The Ultimate Sin for sure. There really isn't one single song on Seventh Star that I can say that a genuinely like, well, except maybe Danger Zone but one song out of a whole album. Ultimate Sin is my second favorite Ozzy Osbourne album (No Rest For The Wicked being number one) and Ultimate Sin is all around the better album. By the way, this is my first time voting for Ozzy in this little tournament thing.
              If the magic comes between us
              And we never meet again
              Take a part of me away
              'Cause maybe it's all above love
              ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

This one is also easy. Shot in the Dark is the only song I like from Sin. On the other hand 7th star has the monster title track (7th Star), In for the Kill, and the power ballad No Stranger to Love. In my book Sabbath also wins this 4th round.

Comment

Im gonna have to go with Seventh Star, I'm a pretty big Glenn Hughes fan. I kind of have to agree that the album should have been an Iommi & Hughes solo album, the reason being that it sounds so different then any other Sabbath album.
                  Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
                  - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

Comment

Seventh Star. I just love the Iommi/Hughes team on this one.

No Ozzy for me after BATM.
                    Tony Iommi Fact #021
                    Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

both suck. 7th Star sucks less. It isn't Sabbath by any means.
                      on Sin, Ozzy was getting stuck in a pattern....in which he still is.....crap pop-metal radio-friendly songs. I never bought an Ozzy studio album after the first 3.

Comment

"The Ultimate Sin for sure. There really isn't one single song on Seventh Star that I can say that a genuinely like"

Exactly. This board is blind.

Comment

Originally posted by KHH View Post
                          "The Ultimate Sin for sure. There really isn't one single song on Seventh Star that I can say that a genuinely like"

Haha, and/or 'deaf', eh? Yea, KHH, like I said earlier, although I'm not much fond of The Ultimate Sin, there are still 2-3 very decent songs on it. Seventh Star hasn't got a single song I like at all. It's true how, as much as a very bumpy ride the Ozzy solo discography, overall, is for me--however, when stacked against post-Ozzy Sabbath, the OZZY albums invariably win, on my card.
                          "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
                            Haha, and/or 'deaf', eh? Yea, KHH, like I said earlier, although I'm not much fond of The Ultimate Sin, there are still 2-3 very decent songs on it. Seventh Star hasn't got a single song I like at all. It's true how, as much as a very bumpy ride the Ozzy solo discography, overall, is for me--however, when stacked against post-Ozzy Sabbath, the OZZY albums invariably win, on my card.
                            Yup. The Ultimate Sin, Thank God for the Bomb, Killer of Giants and Shot in the Dark are good songs. Seveth Star is worse than boring, it's actually a lousy album. A major fall for Iommi.

Comment

Originally posted by KHH View Post

So, just because you like the Ultimate Sin, everyone is blind? [Technically the board is not blind as it just doesn't have eyes. Simplistically it is software on an internetwork of computers connected to each other through the World Wide Web to facilitate discussions.]

Even if you dislike Seventh Star or hell all of post-Ozzy Sabbath, I think it is waaaaaay out of the line to call everyone blind because their taste doesn't match yours. I mean what are they going to do ? Make you dislike Ozzy?

FYI, as much as I am an Iommi worshipper [see sig below for proof] I quite enjoy the first two Ozz albums. He never clicked for me after that.

EDIT: Oh and 8 by 6 margin goes to show that there are quite a few Ultimate Sin fans.
                              Tony Iommi Fact #021
                              Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

Working...
                              X