No announcement yet.

Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 5 Headless Cross Vs. No Rest for the Wicked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozzy wins this round, by pure nastalgia value. Heard this album first during high school and use some music to sample in my projects.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Sa at this rate:

BS 3
    Ozzy 2
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by The Rules Mob View Post
      That is a great battle. But not entirely fair, since it allows Ozzy to use Sabbath tunes, instead of solo work. I love both of those live albums. Maybe Live Evil v. Tribute would be more appropriate though. Tribute was recorded at roughly the same time as Live Evil so you're still comparing contemporaneous work.
      Good point. I actually like that idea better.

Comment

Originally posted by BooSweeney View Post
        I suppose then you're also going to do Cross Purposes vs. Ozzmosis, Forbidden vs. Down to Earth, and TDYK vs. Black Rain?
        I would love to see TDYK vs Black Rain. You can throw in the tour edition to make it more competitive although I don't think it will help much.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
          I would love to see TDYK vs Black Rain. You can throw in the tour edition to make it more competitive although I don't think it will help much.
          Nor do I. You could spot Ozzy a "Best of" package that starts with TUS and ends with Black Rain and put it up against TDYK and it's still going to be a blowout. Ozzy solo v. Dio Sabbath, including live albums, is basically 4-1 Dio Sabbath, giving Ozzy the benefit of the "tie" that is MR v. Diary. In fairness to Ozzy, he drops two extremely close matches in H&H v. Blizzard and Live Evil v. Tribute. And he could have wiped the floor with the other versions of Sabbath (for me he did it to Gillan's version) if he had managed to put out even half way decent albums after BATM.

But I don't want to jump the gun on cwilder's bouts. Sorry cwilder. Carry on.
          "But I don't want to go among mad people."
          "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
          "How do you know I'm mad?"
          "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Headless Cross. Any surprise?

Although seeing all the No Rest praise, I might just pick it up..
            Tony Iommi Fact #021
            Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

Ny this time our heroes are passed by numerous young and hungry musicians and these albums are very far from a toplist for the period.
              Eternal Idol is better than both. While Ozzy never puts out pure crap NRFT is just boring all over, HC is mostly shit but the title track and Death Calls are pretty good tunes. I vote HC, and count Eternal Idol in the vote.

Comment

No Rest for the Wicked wins it easily for me, its not that I don't like Headless Cross 'cos I do, its just that I love No Rest. At the time bringing Zakk on board was a great move. No Rest is full of great riffs and great songs. Headless Cross has afew good tracks but also a few bland filler tracks IMO.
                I managed to see Ozzy 3 times on the No Rest Tour, once in '88 and twice in '89, and finally managed to meet him (at Hammersmith Odeon in May '89) probably one of my greatest days, somehow I managed to wrangle my way into his dressing room on the afternoon of the concert, ahh memories.
                So hopefully you'll forgive me if I'm a litttle bit nostalgic for No Rest, too many great memories for me.
                Do you believe a word what the good book says?
                Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

I like both albums, but I prefer Headless Cross - it was an album that had more to prove than NRFTW did at the time, and it was where Martin came into his own as a member of Sabbath.

Interesting to note that two tracks on Headless Cross had to be changed because of tracks with similar titles on the Ozzy album - Devil and Daughter was originally titled Devil's Daughter and Call of the Wild was called Hero.

I think Headless Cross is the more consistent record of the two, and it stands as my favourite Sabbath album to date.

Comment

No Rest For The Wicked is one of Ozzy's most cliched and despicable albums, the only song from it that is great is Tattooed Dancer. Lining it up against Sabbath's best goes without saying. Headless Cross
                    Last edited by Ashley Dalby; 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

HAHA Headless Cross took the lead.
                      I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

Headless Cross
                        Living in a world of make believe I can hide behind what's real
                        But wearing your emotions on your sleeve and they all know what you feel
                        And here it comes again straight through the heart straight through the heart

Comment

Eternal idol

Comment

Headless Cross for ne.

Comment

God i hate to do this. (Forgive me Tony for i have sinned) but i voted no rest for the wicked. I liked headless cross but i was really into this album.

Comment

Voted No Rest For The Wicked
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X