Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 5 Headless Cross Vs. No Rest for the Wicked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headless Cross

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Comment

Headless Cross no question

Comment

No Rest for the Wicked (maybe Ozzy´s best solo album).

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathKing93 View Post
          Gonna have to go with No Rest For The Wicked on this one.

There is only about three songs I can say that I truly like off of Headless Cross and those three songs are 'Headless Cross' 'Devil and Daughter' and 'Nightwing' everything else is just a bunch of blah filler.

No Rest For The Wicked is my number one favorite Ozzy Osbourne album and I can honestly say that I pretty much like every single song off the album. The riffs are just fantastic and overall it's the better album.
          The first Zakk Wylde album is full of great riffs and all the songs on No Rest for the Wicked is really good.

Comment

No Rest for the Wicked. Tony Iommi is brilliant, but the vocals are lacking.

Comment

I've gone against the Requiem trend here and I've voted 'Headless Cross', but this one was really tough!

'No Rest for the Wicked' is a great album and I love it very much. Zakk's work is brilliant and the songs are catchy. I guess I've always found 'Crazy Babies' to be a bit of a weird track, and 'Breakin' all the Rules' is a bit corny, but gosh overall this thing rocks.

But I can't go past 'Headless Cross' these days. The gothicism, the drama, and the glorious voice of Tony Martin. The loud as hell drums from Cozy Powell and of course Tony Iommi's dark riffs are phenomenal.

Glad I can finally vote for a Sabbath album over an Ozzy!

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                I've gone against the Requiem trend here and I've voted 'Headless Cross', but this one was really tough!

'No Rest for the Wicked' is a great album and I love it very much. Zakk's work is brilliant and the songs are catchy. I guess I've always found 'Crazy Babies' to be a bit of a weird track, and 'Breakin' all the Rules' is a bit corny, but gosh overall this thing rocks.

But I can't go past 'Headless Cross' these days. The gothicism, the drama, and the glorious voice of Tony Martin. The loud as hell drums from Cozy Powell and of course Tony Iommi's dark riffs are phenomenal.

Glad I can finally vote for a Sabbath album over an Ozzy!
                Breaking All The Rules is my favorite of No Rest For The Wicked, Bloodbath In Paradise another great one and the unlisted hidden track Hero, great!

But I can see how you went for Headless Cross, good album.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

While the previous debate was a relatively easy one, this one is a tough one. It is because those two albums are really strong releases and definetely are two of the best efforts for both of the artists.

Headless Cross is a strong album from top to bottom, no filler tracks for me, Iommi is killing in guitars, Cozy in drums is a monster, the bass lines are good (i cant remember the name of the session bassist who played on the album) and of course Tony Martin's vocals really slay on this one. But, it is the most depressing album in Sabbath's catalogue. I admit that the songwriting is strong but i cant stand the album's overall dark/gothic style.

No Rest For The Wicked, also having great stuff, pure Rock and Roll (Crazy Babies comes to mind because of the crazy/no-sense/looney lyrics) and it is overblown with energy. Maybe the newcomer Zakk Wylde is resposible for that. A big improvement over the Ultimate Sin album, Ozzy feels refreshed here and this album opened the path for the next two albums in Ozzy's carrer which are the last great moments in his career and the NRFTW's style, is and songwriting is similar enough to the next Ozzy's albums.

I totally like NRFTW because of its energy and overall style so i will pick this one on this round over the depressive aura of the Headless Cross.

The score is
                  Sabbath 3
                  Ozzy 2

Comment

Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
                    While the previous debate was a relatively easy one, this one is a tough one. It is because those two albums are really strong releases and definetely are two of the best efforts for both of the artists.

Headless Cross is a strong album from top to bottom, no filler tracks for me, Iommi is killing in guitars, Cozy in drums is a monster, the bass lines are good (i cant remember the name of the session bassist who played on the album) and of course Tony Martin's vocals really slay on this one. But, it is the most depressing album in Sabbath's catalogue. I admit that the songwriting is strong but i cant stand the album's overall dark/gothic style.

No Rest For The Wicked, also having great stuff, pure Rock and Roll (Crazy Babies comes to mind because of the crazy/no-sense/looney lyrics) and it is overblown with energy. Maybe the newcomer Zakk Wylde is resposible for that. A big improvement over the Ultimate Sin album, Ozzy feels refreshed here and this album opened the path for the next two albums in Ozzy's carrer which are the last great moments in his career and the NRFTW's style, is and songwriting is similar enough to the next Ozzy's albums.

I totally like NRFTW because of its energy and overall style so i will pick this one on this round over the depressive aura of the Headless Cross.

The score is
                    Sabbath 3
                    Ozzy 2
                    You make some good points Tsimisde, as always and a great pick as I did, I've come to like Headless more than I did originally when it came out, I always like the titled track from the beginning though, that's a Sabbath classic in my book, up there with the other Sabbath classics.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Well, indeed is one of the highest points in Sabbath's career and definetely a killer album from start to finish. Tony Martin was at the peak of his performance, the songwriting was strong and the band had a great musicianship. The title track, When Death Calls and Nightwing ONLY are blowing away every track on the No Rest For The Wicked album, even its greatest tracks. Sure it had its great moments but comparing to Sabbath's work, it pales. The songwriting, is weak as the production. It needed more punch in production for me. But Again, it stays behind Headless Cross. Killer stuff, no fillers, great album from start to finish. Nightwing flies again....

Comment

I'll say No Rest For The Wicked, arguably the last decent album Ozzy ever made as a solo artist.

Comment

Working...
                        X