Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 5 Headless Cross Vs. No Rest for the Wicked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 5 Headless Cross Vs. No Rest for the Wicked

With this one I really had the option to pick either Headless Cross or the Eternal Idol since they were both released surrounding No Rest for the Wicked, but I went with HC because I personally feel that this is the stronger contender to take on NRFTW. Some people on this forum I'm sure will disagree with that, but I can't please ever body.

Any ways... I definitely pick Headless Cross on this. Best martin era album.
    Headless Cross
    54.72%
    No Rest For The Wicked
    45.28%
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

NRFTW is better than Headless Cross, but Eternal Idol is better than NRFTW.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHeart View Post
      NRFTW is better than Headless Cross, but Eternal Idol is better than NRFTW.
      I agree, Eternal Idol is my favorite album out of the 3.
      Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
      - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

Comment

I hate Zakk Wylde... but he is the lesser of two evils right now.

I vote No Rest on principle.

Comment

Headless Cross is the most overrated BS album!.....lol!
          I never even heard No rest in its entirety.....

So I won't vote on this one!

Comment

No Rest for the Wicked, in a heartbeat, or less than a blink of an eye, actually.

I have always had rock-bottom regard for TM-era Sabbath; and Headless Cross is one lousy, lame cheeseburger of an album, even by the standards of what I regard as the lowly series of Martin-era records. HC, to me, is probably the 'worst' of those five failures with TM.

NRFTW, on the other hand, while not exactly a smashing stellar record a la Blizzard or Diary, has a handful of very good tunes that I still enjoy a lot. It belongs in my small club of OZZY OSBOURNE favourites.

Originally posted by The Butt
            I hate Zakk Wylde... but he is the lesser of two evils right now.
            I vote No Rest on principle
            I have disliked and criticised Zakk's restricted, repetitive, often very dull playing a lot, myself. But, to me, he had lots of good moments on guitar with Ozzy (on No More Tears, certainly) and on No Rest for the Wicked, as well. After that, though, it was hard to decide which Zakk Wylde was more annoying and sucky--the one on guitar duty in Ozzy's band, or the one that peddled his shit in his own awful band, Black Label Society.

Btw, you should vote for NRFTW, not so much on 'principle', as on just good sense and taste.
            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Headless Cross is terrible! No rest is ok.

Comment

I think Headless Cross is better than NRFTW, although I dont like the high pitched scream "Heeeeadleesss Crooooss" because they can't replicate it live. They use a recording that ruins it for me. I still go for HC.

Comment

Ahh, you screwed up cwilder!

I easily would of picked Eternal Idol over NRFTW (Eternal Idol is my favorite album from the period), but Headless Cross is probably my least favorite. The only thing that saves Headless Cross from being the worst Sabbath album is "When Death Calls", which is my favorite Martin-era track. Other than that one song, and to a lesser degree HC, the album stinks.

Here I vote for NRFTW, although I never thought I'd give an album that had the song "Crazy Babies" any sort of nod for being a good album. I think I might hate this song more than any other song associated with Ozzy. That said, "Bloodbath In Paradise" is a good song, and "Breakin' All the Rules" isn't bad either. I liked seeing the video of it with Zakk (pre-pinch harmonic every two seconds) and Geezer playing together on stage. As a whole it's better than HC, and NRFTW is also an improvement from Ultimate Sin and IMO, better than Bark At the Moon.

My personal score stands at 3-2 Sabbath.

Comment

I'm rather surprised at the lack of love for HC going on here. Where's all the legions of HC fans that I've seen posting in the Martin era forums? Maybe I should've used Eternal Idol. I just figured HC was more popular around here because in the favorite martin era album poll it beat out EI. For these polls I'm trying to pick sabbath albums that are close in release year to the ozzy album it's competing against. Next up is gonna be Dehumanizer Vs. No More Tears. I have a feeling the fans that prefer Tyr against Dehumanizer are going to cry heresy on that one too.
                    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

Originally posted by cwilder86 View Post
                      I'm rather surprised at the lack of love for HC going on here. Where's all the legions of HC fans that I've seen posting in the Martin era forums? Maybe I should've used Eternal Idol. I just figured HC was more popular around here because in the favorite martin era album poll it beat out EI. For these polls I'm trying to pick sabbath albums that are close in release year to the ozzy album it's competing against. Next up is gonna be Dehumanizer Vs. No More Tears. I have a feeling the fans that prefer Tyr against Dehumanizer are going to cry heresy on that one too.
                      You got one here. Headless Cross gets my vote. I do like NRFTW a lot as well to. I don't quite understand all the negativity here for HC maybe i'm missing something.

Be patient the HC fans will vote you just put the poll up so give it a few days
                      Nobody will ever let you know
                      When you ask the reason why
                      They just tell you that you're on your own
                      Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

No Rest For The Wicked by far. Ozzy got Zakk and boy what a debut did Zakk have. That album kicked major ass.

Comment

Originally posted by cwilder86 View Post
                          Nah, Dehumanizer vs. No More Tears is a much better contest than TYR vs. No More Tears...and frankly I don't disagree for what you chose here, if you want to keep the time factor between albums as close as possible.

I suppose then you're also going to do Cross Purposes vs. Ozzmosis, Forbidden vs. Down to Earth, and TDYK vs. Black Rain?

Live Evil vs. Speak/Talk of the Devil wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Comment

Gonna have to go with No Rest For The Wicked on this one.

There is only about three songs I can say that I truly like off of Headless Cross and those three songs are 'Headless Cross' 'Devil and Daughter' and 'Nightwing' everything else is just a bunch of blah filler.

No Rest For The Wicked is my number one favorite Ozzy Osbourne album and I can honestly say that I pretty much like every single song off the album. The riffs are just fantastic and overall it's the better album.
                            If the magic comes between us
                            And we never meet again
                            Take a part of me away
                            'Cause maybe it's all above love
                            ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Originally posted by BooSweeney View Post
                              Live Evil vs. Speak/Talk of the Devil wouldn't be a bad idea either.
                              That is a great battle. But not entirely fair, since it allows Ozzy to use Sabbath tunes, instead of solo work. I love both of those live albums. Maybe Live Evil v. Tribute would be more appropriate though. Tribute was recorded at roughly the same time as Live Evil so you're still comparing contemporaneous work.
                              "But I don't want to go among mad people."
                              "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
                              "How do you know I'm mad?"
                              "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Working...
                              X