Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 8 The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geekwrestler View Post
    Cwilder. The topic reads:
    Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 8 The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

Oh yea, but then cwilder would probably even call a band with (anybody BUT Ozzy) or ok, Tony Iommi and his accountant, lawyer and publicist, Black Sabbath. Come to think of it, Tony needs 'em all, especially now.

Final score-card: Ozzy 7--Black Sabbath/H&H 1
    Last edited by RLP4ever; 07-27-2009, 07:25 AM.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post

err.... this is your personal score, right?!

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
        Oh yea, but then cwilder would probably even call a band with (anybody BUT Ozzy) or ok, Tony Iommi and his accountant, lawyer and publicist, Black Sabbath. Come to think of it, Tony needs 'em all, especially now.

But voting on a poll made by Cwilder based on his own opinions as you say, still is sorta begrudgingly admitting Heaven and Hell IS Black Sabbath. If you wanted to deny it, you would have said "This isn't Sabbath, I won't vote!"

Oh and Tony Iommi, His Accountant, Lawyer and Publicist still pwn Ozzy!

My score: Black Sabbath 7 Ozzy 0 Tie 1 [Mob / Diary]
        Tony Iommi Fact #021
        Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

The Devil You Know without question

Comment

Originally posted by sn0wb1ind0zzy View Post
            Not even a competition, Black Rain downright sucked!

indeed

Comment

TDYK for me. It wasn't even a choice. I actually like all of Ozzy's solo stuff but Black Rain was just plain awful.
              Nobody will ever let you know
              When you ask the reason why
              They just tell you that you're on your own
              Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

OMG! I can't believe that I voted different than RLP on this one! And I am amazed how lonesome it is on this side of the fence at the moment. But what the hell, I don't like crowds anyway.

I like both of these albums, I'm just giving a slight edge to BR. Not real sure why, it just worked out that way. Ask me who I would rather go see right now, and you'll get a much different answer.

Final
                Sabbath - 5
                Ozzy - 2
                Abstain - 1
                Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
                I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
                There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni
                  err.... this is your personal score, right?!
                  errr....yeah, right! That's the only score that I'd talk about, and the only one that I even care about.

Originally posted by geekwrestler
                  But voting on a poll made by Cwilder based on his own opinions as you say, still is sorta begrudgingly admitting Heaven and Hell IS Black Sabbath. If you wanted to deny it, you would have said "This isn't Sabbath, I won't vote!"

Oh and Tony Iommi, His Accountant, Lawyer and Publicist still pwn Ozzy!

My score: Black Sabbath 7 Ozzy 0 Tie 1 [Mob / Diary]
                  I'm not like China at the United Nations, you know. I don't like abstaining. cwilder's polls have been really fun to turn up at and vote, for whatever that's worth.

As for your final remark about Iommi and his pro allies 'owning' it over Ozzy, It is SO NOT true....But we shall see....Only time will tell.

Originally posted by Ozzien82
                  OMG! I can't believe that I voted different than RLP on this one! And I am amazed how lonesome it is on this side of the fence at the moment. But what the hell, I don't like crowds anyway.

I like both of these albums, I'm just giving a slight edge to BR. Not real sure why, it just worked out that way. Ask me who I would rather go see right now, and you'll get a much different answer.
                  But hey buddy, I haven't really noticed, but did we vote similarly all this time? Anyway, I honestly felt let-down and deflated by Black Rain. Ha, on second thoughts, I probably should have abstained after all, and not given away a freebie vote to TDYK, when I don't even like that either. And yes, revel in your loneliness on this poll. Lol...I wouldn't mind being all alone in loving something that others don't.
                  Last edited by RLP4ever; 07-27-2009, 12:09 PM.
                  "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

There is no contest The Devil You Know is the winner Black Rain was horrible in my opinion.
                    As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Comment

Voted, The Devil You Know.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

TDYK in a landslide

Comment

I'm really not very familiar with 'The Devil You Know', but I have a pretty strong feeling that it's better than 'Black Rain'.

By the way, isn't 'The Devil You Know' an album by Heaven and Hell? I thought we were looking at Sabbath albums

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                            I'm really not very familiar with 'The Devil You Know', but I have a pretty strong feeling that it's better than 'Black Rain'.

By the way, isn't 'The Devil You Know' an album by Heaven and Hell? I thought we were looking at Sabbath albums
                            Good one there Requiem, but we all know it's Black Sabbath, hence the devil you know title.

Black Rain has been on heavy rotation on my listening sprees, while definitely a great album I voted The Devil You Know as you can see my statement above, this album came out during a dark period in my life, this album is special to me and got me through some hard times and I'm a very sentimental person and keep certain memories good and bad with me and some albums as TDYK and others are reflections of these memories, so yeah I went with The Devil You Know.

The Devil You Know is a great and heavy as heck Dio/Sabbath album, and just a reminder that Ronnie could do make no bad record when getting back with that Sabbath lineup.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

No contest..... The Devil You Know by far.

Comment

Working...
                              X