Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 8 The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 8 The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

TDYN for me.
    The Devil You Know
    93.48%
    Black Rain
    6.52%
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Pretty easy choice, Black Rain makes Forbidden look like a good album so yeah TDYK for me.

Comment

cwilder, you might be shocked and happy to see, (miracle or not) that I finally gave in to your fan-crowd, on this round

TDYK is a dead duck disc. Black Rain, though, is an abomination, all round.

I'm sticking with the devil I loathe less. :tongue: ....TDYK, for me. LOL
      "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
        cwilder, you might be shocked and happy to see, (miracle or not) that I finally gave in to your fan-crowd, on this round

TDYK is a dead duck disc. Black Rain, though, is an abomination, all round.

I'm sticking with the devil I loathe less. :tongue: ....TDYK, for me. LOL
        OMFG! RLP votes for Ozzless Sabbath!
        Tony Iommi Fact #021
        Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

Originally posted by geekwrestler View Post
          OMFG! RLP votes for Ozzless Sabbath!
          And who told ya that TDYK is Sabbath, eh?
          "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

The Devil You Know.

Final Count:

BS 5
            Ozzy 3
            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Why does everyone think that BR is THAT bad? It's not good but at least it has its entertaining moments. TDYK is just a barking and riffs. No songs, no melodies.

Comment

you're absolutely right! It isn't. It's .... on and on and on ... Heaven and Hell!

Comment

TDYK for sure!

I personally love TDYK and really don't understand all the hate for it. It's like a mixture of all three of the Dio albums when you think about it so I don't understand what the hate is about. Black Rain was a horrible album that was nothing but BLS-Lite and BLS sucks for the most part so yeah.

The riffs on TDYK > Riffs on BR by a billion miles. TDYK is a great album while BR is a bad album, simple as that.
                  If the magic comes between us
                  And we never meet again
                  Take a part of me away
                  'Cause maybe it's all above love
                  ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Not even a competition, Black Rain downright sucked!
                    http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Let's give credit where it's due. This is the first time Ozzy gets crushed. Between "Dio Sabbath" and Ozzy solo, it was 2-1 before this. Ozzy dropped a photo finish in round 1, he wins what is essentially a tie in round 2, and Sabbath won round 6 but almost by default (Dehumanizer isn't great, but it's better than NMT). What's interesting is that the quality of Dio Sabbath's output stays somewhat consistent over the last 30 years (recognizing that there are only 4 studio albums released in that time period). Perhaps unsurprisingly, Ozzy was like watching a firework go off.
                      "But I don't want to go among mad people."
                      "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
                      "How do you know I'm mad?"
                      "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

Black Rain isn't that bad, it's actually cool if you use it for background music and just ignore it. I enjoy Civilize the Universe, Lay Your World on me, and Here for You., they are "B" songs but what the hell. Not Going Away, Silver and Black Rain are ok, not total dissasters. The rest of the songs are garbage - the CD collapses from there on.

I voted for The Devil You Know. I like the first 8 songs. The last two are marginal but tolerable (Neverwhere and Breaking Into Heaven).

Comment

Cwilder. The topic reads:
                          Black Sabbath Vs. Ozzy Round 8 The Devil You Know Vs. Black Rain

Tony Iommi Fact #021
                          Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

^AHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, but that was damn funny to me.
                            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

TDYK. Easy.

5-3 Sabbath, although a few of the contests were quite close.

Comment

Working...
                              X